Oppo A7 is an old phone. It was launched about 6 months ago as a replacement to the Oppo F9. But it failed so miserably to do so at that time that we labeled the phone seriously overpriced. But now, after 6 months, the price of Oppo A7 has come down. Oppo A7 is now available for Rs. 27,990.
Oppo A7, on the outside, looks very similar to the Oppo F9. That’s understandable as the teardrop notch has become quite famous among smartphone buyers. Oppo also degrades the excellent FHD+ 6.3 inches LTPS LCD display to an HD+ display. This lower-res display is a huge shocker considering the price. The design at the back now is matte and the colour scheme is better than before IMO. There is the no shiny geometric pattern at the back.
On the inside, the A7 uses Qualcomm Snapdragon 450 which is not as powerful as the MediaTek Helio P60 processor used in the F9. Also, there is only a 4GB variant available. That is totally fine for a midrange phone though, as Snapdragon 450 is a capable chipset that can give you a smooth performance in normal tasks. Just don’t expect to play PUBG with the same smoothness as the F9. Also, the base storage is just 32GB.
Oppo A7 Key Specifications
- Display: 6.3-inch LTPS IPS LCD capacitive touchscreen, Corning Gorilla Glass 3
- Resolution: 720 x 1520 pixels, 19:9 ratio (~271 ppi density)
- Chipset: Qualcomm SDM450 Snapdragon 450 (14 nm)
- CPU: Octa-core 1.8 GHz Cortex-A53
- GPU: Adreno 506
- OS: Android 8.1 (Oreo) skinned with ColorOS 5.1
- Memory: 4GB RAM, 32GB internal storage (expandable up to 256GB using micro SD card)
- Primary Camera: 13 MP, f/2.2, AF; 2 MP, f/2.4, depth sensor
- Secondary Camera: 16 MP f/2.0
- Battery: Non-removable Li-Ion 4230 mAh battery
OPPO A7 Price in Nepal: Rs. 27,990
The rear dual camera configuration is (supposedly) a combination of 13MP main sensor and a 2MP depth sensor. As we have tested the F9 in person, we are assuming that this phone will click very good photos for the price. Another change seems to be on the front, at the notch. The selfie camera is now 16MP instead of the 25MP found on the Oppo F9.
SEE ALSO: OPPO Mobiles Price in Nepal
Oppo A7 doesn’t have the fabled VOOC fast charging but this phone does have a massive 4230mAh battery that should last you all day. However, the lack of fast charging is a bummer.
Should you buy it?
Overall, Oppo A7, even with the massive price drop can’t cover up the fact that this isn’t the phone that it wants to be. With phones like Redmi Note 7, Samsung Galaxy A30, and many more available at a similar price or less, I don’t see a single reason that any person should buy this phone.
If you are spending 28K on a phone, you now have plenty of good options in your hands. And if you are a die-hard Oppo fan, get the Oppo F9 or the new F11 pro.
- Apple iPad Air 4 2020 with A14 Bionic Available for Pre-Order in NepalApple unveiled the new iPad Air 4 during its live event back in September. And,…
- Analogue Mall to Introduce Trade-In Program; Trade-In Old Gadgets for the New Ones or Cash!Analogue Mall is a multibrand e-commerce site with lots of gadgets on offer. It’s a…
- JBL Go 3 Launching in Nepal Soon – An Ultra Portable Speaker!JBL has plenty of portable speakers and their Go series is one of the best…