Oppo has become wildly successful in Nepal. Thanks to their alluring design and camera-centric advertisement. Thanks also to the sponsorship in programs like Nepal Idol. Whatever the reason, Oppo is a major player in the Nepali Smartphone industry.
Oppo F9 that was launched 2 months ago became very popular among buyers. To keep the momentum going, Oppo has brought in a similar new phone, Oppo A7, into Nepal. Oppo A7 was up for preorder starting this November. Now, you can directly buy the phone from physical stores for Rs. 35,790.
Oppo A7, on the outside, looks very similar to the Oppo F9. That’s understandable as the teardrop notch has become quite famous among smartphone buyers. Oppo also degrades the excellent FHD+ 6.3 inches LTPS LCD display to an HD+ display. This lower-res display is a huge shocker considering the price. The design at the back now is matte and the colour scheme is better than before IMO. There is the no shiny geometric pattern at the back.
On the inside, the A7 uses Qualcomm Snapdragon 450 which is not as powerful as the MediaTek Helio P60 processor used in the F9. Also, there is only a 4GB variant available. That is totally fine for a midrange phone though, as Snapdragon 450 is a capable chipset that can give you a smooth performance in normal tasks. Just don’t expect to play PUBG with the same smoothness as the F9. Also, the base storage is just 32GB.
Oppo A7 Key Specifications
- Display: 6.3-inch LTPS IPS LCD capacitive touchscreen, Corning Gorilla Glass 3
- Resolution: 720 x 1520 pixels, 19:9 ratio (~271 ppi density)
- Chipset: Qualcomm SDM450 Snapdragon 450 (14 nm)
- CPU: Octa-core 1.8 GHz Cortex-A53
- GPU: Adreno 506
- OS: Android 8.1 (Oreo) skinned with ColorOS 5.1
- Memory: 3GB/ 4GB RAM, 32GB internal storage (expandable up to 256GB using micro SD card)
- Primary Camera: 13 MP, f/2.2, AF; 2 MP, f/2.4, depth sensor
- Secondary Camera: 16 MP f/2.0
- Battery: Non-removable Li-Ion 4230 mAh battery
OPPO A7 Price in Nepal: Rs. 35,790
The rear dual camera configuration is (supposedly) a combination of 13MP main sensor and a 2MP depth sensor. As we have tested the F9 in person, we are assuming that this phone will click very good photos for the price. Another change seems to be on the front, at the notch. The selfie camera is now 16MP instead of the 25MP found on the Oppo F9.
SEE ALSO: OPPO Mobiles Price in Nepal
Oppo A7 doesn’t have the fabled VOOC fast charging but this phone does have a massive 4230mAh battery that should last you all day. However, the lack of fast charging is a bummer. With F9 costing just about Rs. 5000 more (3000 more if you buy from Daraz) and giving you an upgrade to most of the features of the A7, we don’t think any person with a sane mind would choose the A7 over the F9. If you are spending 35K on a phone, spend a little bit more and get the F9.
- Xiaomi Mi A3 Review: Good UI, Even Better Camera & Best Battery!The Xiaomi Mi A3 is the third iteration of the A series from Xiaomi. Known…
- Maruti Suzuki S-Presso, Mini SUV, Price Revealed: Open For Bookings in NepalCG MotoCorp, the authorized distributors of Suzuki cars in Nepal, has announced pre-bookings for its…
- Realme is Going after OnePlus and Xiaomi with its Latest Flagship, Realme X2 ProRealme, a Chinese company that came in to existence nearly a year and half ago…