OnePlus has finally opened pre-orders for its flagship OnePlus 10 Pro 5G.
The OnePlus 10 Pro 5G price in Nepal is Rs. 1,35,000 (12/256GB). It is available for pre-order at OnePlus authorized offline stores starting from March 25, 2022, and through the online platform, Sastodeal and Daraz starting from March 28, 2022.
The phone was unveiled in China earlier this year (January 11, 2022), following months of leaks and teases from OnePlus. Only the Pro variant was unveiled, with no information on the vanilla OnePlus 10.
So, intros aside, let’s see what this year’s flagship from OnePlus has to offer.
OnePlus 10 Pro Specifications
- Body: 163 x 73.9 x 8.6 mm, 200.5 g, Dual SIM (Nano-SIM, dual stand-by)
- Display: 6.7 inches, LTPO2 AMOLED, 1440 x 3216 pixels, 120Hz, HDR10+, 500nits (typ), 800 nits (HBM), 1300 nits (peak), 20:9 ratio, ~90% screen-to-body ratio, (~525 ppi density), Corning Gorilla Glass Victus
- Chipset: Qualcomm Snapdragon 8 Gen 1 (4nm)
- CPU: Octa-core (1×3.00 GHz Cortex-X2 & 3×2.50 GHz Cortex-A710 & 4×1.80 GHz Cortex-A510)
- GPU: Adreno 730
- Memory: 256GB 12GB RAM, UFS 3.1
- OS: Android 12, ColorOS 12.1 [China]
- Rear Camera:
- 48 MP, f/1.8, 23mm (main), 1/1.43″, 1.12µm, omnidirectional PDAF, Laser AF, OIS
- 8 MP, f/2.4, 77mm (telephoto), 1.0µm, PDAF, OIS, 3.3x optical zoom
- 50 MP, f/2.2, 14mm, 150˚ FoV (ultrawide), 1/2.76″, 0.64µm, AF
- Video: 8[email protected], [email protected]/60/120fps, [email protected]/60/240fps, Auto HDR, gyro-EIS
- Front Camera: 32 MP, f/2.2, 1/2.74″, 0.8µm
- Video: [email protected], gyro-EIS
- Battery: Non-removable Li-Po 5000 mAh battery, Fast charging 80W, Fast wireless charging 50W, Reverse wireless charging, USB PD
- USB: USB Type-C 3.1, USB On-The-Go
- Misc: Fingerprint (under display, optical), accelerometer, gyro, proximity, compass, color spectrum
- Colors: Volcanic Black, Emerald Forest (Green)
OnePlus 10 Pro Price in Nepal: Rs. 1,35,000 (12/256GB)
OnePlus 10 Pro Overview
The design is the most talked about feature of the OnePlus 10 Pro. It has a huge camera island with huge camera lenses and a circular flash that blends with the metal frame, which gives it a completely unique look from the back compared to any previous OnePlus phone.
However, there is a bit of a controversy going on saying it copied the design of the Samsung Galaxy S21 series. Yes, it does look like some inspiration has been taken, but does it really matter? It looks good to me.
Printed on that camera island is the Hasselblad branding, signifying that the partnership of OnePlus and the Swedish camera brand Hasselblad is still going on.
Coming to the not-so-new part, the front design looks similar and it has the usual alert slider and power button on the right side, whereas the volume buttons are located on the left.
And, for the colours: it comes in two options: Volcanic Black and Emerald Forest (Green).
It sports a 6.7-inch Quad HD+ AMOLED display with up to 120Hz refresh rate support, protected by Gorilla Glass Victus. It uses the second generation of LTPO (LTPO 2.0) display technology, a successor to the first generation of LTPO featured on the previous OnePlus 9 Pro and the iPhone 13 Pro, among others.
The technical details of the 2nd-gen LTPO compared to the original have not been discussed, but it should do a better job of dynamically changing the refresh rate from 1Hz to 120Hz, saving battery life and making the experience smoother.
ALSO READ: Samsung Galaxy S22 Plus Impressions: Nothing Major to Complain—Yet!
Surprise! Surprise! The OnePlus 10 Pro, the flagship phone of 2022, comes with the flagship SoC of 2022, the Qualcomm Snapdragon 8 Gen 1. Okay, we all knew that it was coming.
Qualcomm claims the new Adreno 730 GPU in the chipset can boost graphics rendering capabilities by 30% and power savings by 25% compared to the previous generation. Moving on, the processor is coupled with 12GB LPDDR5 RAM and 256GB UFS 3.1 storage. The 8GB RAM and 128GB storage variant is not available in Nepal yet.
For its new 2022 flagship, OnePlus again collaborated with the Swedish camera maker Hasselblad, bringing Hasselblad’s colour optimization. OnePlus is calling it the “Second-Generation Hasselblad Camera for Mobile“. The phone features three cameras, dropping the fourth monochrome lens this time.
The two cameras—the 48MP main camera and the 8MP telephoto camera—are the same on the OnePlus 10 Pro as on the OnePlus 9 Pro. The third camera, which is an ultra-wide-angle camera, is a new one. It still is a 50MP sensor. However, it now features a smaller Samsung JN1 sensor and has a wider 150-degree field of view. It gives a fisheye effect, though, so, by default, it shoots photos with a 110-degree FoV.
All three rear cameras are now capable of shooting photos in 10-bit colour, enabling them to capture over 1 billion colours, minimising banding. The cameras now also support 12-bit RAW capture. There is a mode named RAW+ as well, which simultaneously outputs a RAW file and a processed JPEG file, giving the best of both worlds.
Coming to the front, it has a 32MP front camera, a jump from the OnePlus 9 Pro’s 16MP.
Battery and Others
Powering the phone is a dual-cell 5000mAh battery. It comes with a SuperVOOC Flash Charge adaptor that supports 80W fast charging. Furthermore, it also supports 50W wireless charging.
The OnePlus 10 Pro shipped with ColorOS 12.1 based on Android 12 in China. However, OnePlus says the global version will run on OxygenOS.
We all know about the ongoing merger of OnePlus’s OxygenOS and Oppo’s ColorOS. That hints that the upcoming OxygenOS will not be so different from the ColorOS except for the name.
OnePlus 10 Pro Price in Nepal and Availability
The OnePlus 10 Pro price in Nepal is Rs. 1,35,000. It will be available for pre-order from OnePlus authorized offline locations beginning March 25, 2022, and online at Sastodeal and Daraz beginning March 28, 2022. Delivery starts on April 2, 2022.
The device comes with 1-year breakage insurance. Customers can also pre-order it from OnePlus banking partners with 0% EMI.
Additionally, on the pre-order of the device, OnePlus is providing the option to get either OnePlus Bullet Z, OnePlus Band, or OnePlus Bud Z for free. Or, instead, customers can choose to get the OnePlus Z2 at Rs. 1,999, OnePlus Buds Pro at Rs. 4,999, or OnePlus Watch at Rs. 7,999.
In addition, OnePlus is also offering “Never Settle Gifts” worth Rs. 10,000 on every pre-booking.
- 1 Free Pizza with 1 Extra Topping of your choice from “Great Wall Chinese Restaurant
“at “Argyle Boutique Kantipur Village Hotel”
- 1 Free Shisha from “One 11 lounge”.
- Buy 1 get 1 Spa Free on Spa Services from “The Kantipur Spa – managed by Kinjjala”
at “Argyle Boutique Kantipur Village Hotel”
- 10% Discount on Watches and Sunglasses from “Hour Glass, Durbar Marg”
- 10% Discount on all Cosmetics Products from “Sugar Cosmetics”
- 10% Discount on all products from “YOYOSO”
- 20% Discount on Digicom Products from “Digi Store”
- 35% off on any purchase from “Jasmine – The Designer Closet”.
- 20% Discount on all Small Appliances from “Havells Nepal
|OnePlus 10 Pro variants||Price in Nepal|
ALSO READ: OnePlus Mobiles Price in Nepal: Features and Specs
The OnePlus 10 Pro is OnePlus’s flagship phone for 2022. It features the latest chipset and the 2nd-gen LTPO display. It uses the same main and telephoto cameras as on the OnePlus 9 Pro but downgrades the ultra-wide camera sensor. However, it can now capture 10-bit photos from all three rear cameras and 12-bit RAW photos.
The software is a concern for a lot of people because of the codebase integration of ColorOS and OxygenOS. And talking about the battery life, the larger 5000mAh should now provide a better battery life combined with the new LTPO display technology.
What do you think about the OnePlus 10 Pro? Let us know in the comments!
Also, watch our LG C1 unboxing and review in Nepali.
Leapfrog Technology’s Women’s Internship Program Successfully ConcludedHIGHLIGHTS Leapfrog Technology successfully concludes its Women’s Internship Program, empowering aspiring female software engineers. Over…
Taiwanese Accessory Brand Promate Enters NepalHIGHLIGHTS Promate, a mobile accessory brand, enters Nepal. The brand introduces a range of products,…
Benco S1 Pro with 33W Fast Charging Launching Soon in NepalHIGHLIGHTS Benco S1 Pro may launch this week in Nepal. It is a budget smartphone,…
I absolutely HATE that Fisheye Effect! Does the camera that has that Fisheye Effect have a way to turn it off like GoPro Cameras Do???