The most anticipated event of the year, the Apple Event, was finally held on September 14, 2021. With the ongoing pandemic, same like the last year, this year’s 2021 Apple event was also a virtual event.
During the event, Apple announced a new iPad, iPad mini, Apple Watch Series 7, and iPhone 13 line-up. As with the iPhone 12 series, iPhone 13 also has 4 different models: iPhone 13 mini, iPhone 13, iPhone 13 Pro, and iPhone 13 Pro Max.
In this article, we will be discussing the Apple iPhone 13 Pro and Apple iPhone 13 Pro Max.
Apple iPhone 13 Pro | Pro Max Specifications
- Body: IP68 dust/water resistant (up to 6m for 30 mins)
- 13 Pro: 146.7 x 71.5 x 7.65mm, 204g
- 13 Pro Max: 160.8 x 78.1 x 7.65mm, 240g
- SIM: Dual SIM (Physical Nano-SIM & eSIM or Dual eSIM support)
- Display: Super Retina XDR OLED, 120Hz, Dolby Vision, 1000nits (typ), 1200 nits (peak), 19.5:9 ratio, True-tone
- 13 Pro: 6.1‑inch, 1170 x 2532 pixels (~460 ppi density)
- 13 Pro Max: 6.7-inch, 1284 x 2778 pixels (~458 ppi density)
- Protection: Scratch-Resistant Ceramic Glass, Oleophobic Coating
- Chipset: Apple A15 Bionic (5 nm)
- CPU: Hexa-core (2 + 4)
- GPU: Apple GPU (6-core graphics)
- Memory: 8GB RAM 128GB/256GB/512GB/1TB, NVMe
- OS: iOS 15
- Rear Camera: 12 MP, f/1.5, 26mm (wide), 1.9µm, dual pixel PDAF, sensor-shift stablization (IBIS)
- 12 MP, f/2.8, 77mm (telephoto), PDAF, OIS, 3x optical zoom
- 12 MP, f/1.8, 120˚, 13mm (ultrawide), PDAF, Macro photography
- TOF 3D LiDAR scanner (depth)
- Video: [email protected]/25/30/60fps, [email protected]/30/60/120/240fps, 10‑bit HDR, Dolby Vision HDR (up to 60fps), ProRes, Cinematic mode, stereo sound rec.
- Front Camera: 12 MP, f/2.2, 23mm (wide), 1/3.6″
- Battery: Non-removable Li-Ion battery, Fast charging 20W support, MagSafe wireless charging 15W, Qi magnetic fast wireless charging 7.5W
- USB: Lightning, USB 2.0
- Misc: Face ID, accelerometer, gyro, proximity, compass, barometer
- Colors: Silver, Graphite, Gold, Sierra Blue
Apple iPhone 13 Pro Price in Nepal: TBD
Apple iPhone 13 Pro | Pro Max Overview
The design of the iPhone 13 Pro and 13 Pro Max is very similar to the last year’s iPhone 12 Pro and 12 Pro Max. We see the same sleek and flat-edged design.
Talking about the size, the new iPhone 13 Pro and 13 Pro Max both are thicker than their predecessor by 0.25mm at 7.65mm and are also slightly heavier than before.
The number of cameras and their placement are the same but the rear camera bump is now even bigger and thicker compared to the iPhone 12 Pro and 12 Pro Max. On the front, the notch is also 20% smaller than the predecessor.
The frame of these phones is made out of stainless steel. The trim of the three sapphire crystal camera lenses is also surrounded by stainless steel. And, we can find the same matte glass on the rear.
The display is protected by a ceramic shield, and Apple claims it is tougher than any smartphone glass. All the iPhone 13 series come with IP68 water and dust resistance as well.
The new iPhone 13 Pro and Pro Max are available in four different colors: Graphite, Gold, Silver, and Sierra Blue. The latter is the new color for iPhone 13 Pro and Pro Max.
The display size is also the same here. The iPhone 13 Pro and the 13 Pro Max have a 6.1-inch and 6.7-inch display, respectively.
They both have a Super Retina XDR OLED display but this time it’s brighter with up to 1200 nits of peak brightness.
And finally, Apple has brought a higher refresh rate display on the new iPhone 13 Pro and the iPhone 13 Pro Max.
Both iPhone Pro models have the ProMotion display, which basically means they both have a variable refresh rate that can dynamically adapt from 10Hz to 120Hz depending on the content.
As mentioned earlier, the cameras of the 13 Pro and 13 Pro Max are huge. But unlike last year, this year both the iPhone 13 Pro and the 13 Pro Max have the same cameras.
They both have triple rear cameras consisting of a 12MP main camera, a 12MP ultra-wide camera, and a 12MP telephoto camera. The main camera and the ultra-wide camera both have larger aperture lenses with f/1.5 and f/1.8, respectively, for better low light capabilities.
According to Apple, the main camera sensor is 1.9 µm pixels which is the largest sensor ever on iPhone. Also, the telephoto lens now has 3x optical zoom instead of 2x or 2.5x. And for the first time, all of the cameras have night mode.
The new iPhone 13 Pro and 13 Pro Max can do macro photography with the help of the ultra-wide lens.
iPhone 13 Pro and 13 Pro Max can shoot up to 4K at 60 fps. In ProRes mode, they both can shoot up to 4K at 30 fps but the base variant of the pro models with 128GB storage is limited to shoot at only 1080p in ProRes mode.
Talking about the front camera, it has the same 12MP camera as the iPhone 12 Pro that can shoot up to 4K at 60 fps and 1080p at 120 fps.
The new iPhone 13 series come with a new Apple A15 Bionic chip. This chip has 6 CPU cores with two high-performance cores and four high-efficiency cores. It also has 5-core GPU and 16-core Neural Engine.
Apple claims the graphics performance of the A15 chip is 50% faster than the leading competition making it the fastest graphics performance in any smartphone.
And for the first time, iPhone 13 will now support dual eSIM. Before, only a single eSIM was supported. There is also a physical Nano-SIM card slot if you need to insert a regular SIM card.
Apple iPhone 13 Pro and 13 Pro Max come in four memory capacities: 128GB, 256GB, 512GB, and 1TB.
There are no official details of the actual battery capacity. But Apple claims the iPhone 13 Pro battery can last up to 1.5 hours longer than the iPhone 12 Pro and the 13 Pro Max can last up to 2.5 hours longer than the iPhone 12 Pro Max.
According to Apple, iPhone 13 Pro can last up to 22 hours of video playback, up to 20 hours of streamed video playback, and up to 75 hours of audio playback. And, iPhone 13 Pro Max can last up to 28 hours of video playback, up to 25 hours of streamed video playback, and up to 95 hours of audio playback.
Both models support 15W MagSafe wireless charging and Qi wireless charging up to 7.5W. With the 20W fast charger, Apple claims it can charge the iPhone up to 50% in around 30 minutes.
The support for MagSafe and its accessories are available on the iPhone 13 series too.
Apple iPhone 13 Pro and 13 Pro Max Price in Nepal and Availability
Apple iPhone 13 Pro price starts at USD 999 and the 13 Pro Max starts at USD 1099. So, we expect iPhone 13 Pro price in Nepal to start at Rs. 1,75,000. And, iPhone 13 Pro Max at Rs. 1,85,000.
iPhone 13 series will officially be available starting September 24, 2021. But unfortunately, it seems like they will only be available in Nepal in November.
|Apple iPhone 13 Pro Series||Variant||Price||Expected Price in Nepal|
|Apple iPhone 13 Pro | 13 Pro Max||128GB||USD 999 | USD 1099||Rs. 175000 | Rs. 185000|
|Apple iPhone 13 Pro | 13 Pro Max||256GB||USD 1099 | USD 1199||Rs. 185000 | Rs. 102000|
|Apple iPhone 13 Pro | 13 Pro Max||512GB||USD 1299 | USD 1399||Rs. 227000 | Rs. 235000|
|Apple iPhone 13 Pro | 13 Pro Max||1TB||USD 1499 | USD 1599||Rs. 245000 | Rs. 255000|
The iPhone 13 Pro and 13 Pro Max brings small updates to the iPhone 12 Pro models with the same design. Though the notch is a bit smaller, it’s still is huge compared to smartphones from other brands. The display is brighter and finally supports a higher refresh rate.
The camera is a noticeable upgrade, especially, in the video department with the features like Cinematic mode and ProRes mode.
What do you think about the all-new iPhone 13 Pro and iPhone 13 Pro Max? Let us know in the comments!
Also, watch our impressions of the Samsung Z Fold 3 in Nepali.
- Samsung Galaxy Z Flip 3 Review: The Best Affordable Flip PhonePros IPX8 Water Resistance Improved Displays Durable Build Flawless Performance Top-Notch Selfies Compactness Cons Battery…
- NTA Studying the Possibility of Refurbishing and Assembling Phone Sets in NepalNepal Telecommunication Authority (NTA) is studying the possiblity to assemble and refurbish mobile phone sets.…
- Coolpad Cool 12A Review: An Stylish Entry-Level OptionPros Great design Good display Great Battery Life Decent performance Cons Below Average Camera Bugs…
- Confirmed: Yamaha MT 15 BS6 is Finally Launching in Nepal!Yamaha MT-15 BS6 is headed for Nepal. MAW Enterprises, the authorized distributor of Yamaha motorcycles…
- Infinix Mobiles Price in Nepal: Features and SpecsInfinix is a Hong Kong-based smartphone maker that focuses on making budget phones. Infinix mobiles…
- Samsung Dashain Tihar Offer 2078: up to 35% Discount on Samsung ProductsSamsung, Nepal’s leading consumer electronics brand is giving up to 35% discount on their products…