Though Lava isn’t a big name in Nepal, it is a company that has been making phones since 2009. It focuses on budget smartphones and has been selling them in Nepal before Chinese smartphone makers like Xiaomi and Huawei took hold of the market.
Lava has launched two ‘flagship’ phones this new year. These two Lava phones are called Lava R3 Note and Lava R5. In this article, we will be talking about the Lava R5. Though it is termed as a ‘flagship phone’, it is actually a budget flagship phone with specs similar to phones in the lower-midrange price segment. The Lava R5 will set you back Rs. 22,999.
Lava R5 Features
At the front, the Lava R5 has a 6.22 inch IPS LCD HD+ display. Like the Lava R3, I find the design of the R5 appealing. R5 feels modern, thanks to the notch at the top. Moving on, the R5 is powered by an octa-core MediaTek Helio P22 processor and Power VR graphics. This processor and GPU are combined with 4GB RAM.
The 4GB RAM is accompanied by 64GB internal storage. The phone comes with 13MP +5 MP f/2.0 dual rear cameras and a 16MP f/2.0 selfie shooter. Both the selfie shooter and the rear camera support portrait lighting feature with 6 different lightings for front camera and 4 different lightings for the rear camera.
The battery on the Lava R5 is rated at 3260 mAh and it supports 10W fast charging.
Lava R5 Key Specifications
- Display: 6.22-inch 19:9 HD+ panel
- Resolution: 720×1440 pixels
- Chipset: MediaTek Helio P22 MT6762
- CPU: Octa-core 4 x2.0GHz Cortex A53, 4 x1.5Ghz Cortex A53
- GPU: PowerVR GE8320, 650MHz
- OS: Star OS 5.1 on top of Android 8.1
- Memory: 64GB/4GB RAM; internal storage (expandable up to 256GB using micro SD card)
- Primary Camera: 13 MP + 5.0MP, f/2.0, phase detection autofocus, LED flash, bokeh effect
- Secondary Camera: 16 MP, f/2.0
- Battery: Non-removable Li-Ion 3260 mAh battery
Lava R5 Price in Nepal: Rs. 22,999
As I already said, I find the design of the Lava R5 appealing. This plays a huge factor in people’s purchase decision. The glass design looks similar to what Huawei’s sub-brand Honor has to offer. But if the R5 looks good, I am not complaining.
The Helio P22 processor is good enough for normal apps like Insta and Twitter. It may even give you a little gaming performance. And for the price this phone may release with, that amount of performance seems ideal. The 4GB RAM is will give you a decent multitasking experience. Also, 64GB RAM is ample enough storage for most people.
For most phones of the budget range, dual cameras are just a marketing gimmick. So we will have to see if the cameras in the R5 are really worth it. The 13MP primary shooter is perfectly fine to capture scenery in broad daylight and to click some photos of your loved ones. The 16MP selfie camera will probably click sharp and detailed images. But don’t expect Lava to give you good night shots, this camera will fall apart as soon as the sun sinks below the horizon.
- How to Easily Send Email to Undisclosed Recipients in GmailWant to send an email to undisclosed recipients in Gmail? We’ll get to that later,…
- 10 Best Apps to Gain Weight for a Healthier LifestyleDo you find it hard to gain weight? You want to build muscle, be healthier,…
- IDP Launches Study Abroad App: Connecting Students and UniversitiesStuck at home, we can’t wait to get out of the house once it’s safe…