Lava looks like it’s going through a resurrection. It’s only been about two and a half months since it launched the Lava Iris 5c but Lava has launched other two ‘flagship’ phones this new year. These two Lava phones are called Lava R3 Note and Lava R5. In this article, we will be talking about the Lava R3 Note.
Lava R3 Note is the successor to the Lava R3 that the company launched in February 2018. Though it is termed as a ‘flagship phone’, it is actually a budget flagship phone with specs similar to phones in the lower-midrange price segment. It comes at Rs. 17,999.
LAVA R3 Note Specifications Outline
At the front, the Lava R3 Note has a 6.22 inch IPS LCD HD+ display. Unlike other Lava smartphones, the design of the R3 Note appeals to me. R3 Note feels modern, thanks to the notch at the top. Moving on, the R3 Note is powered by an octa-core MediaTek Helio P22 processor and Power VR graphics. This processor and GPU are combined with 3GB RAM.
Only one variant of the Lava R3 Note is coming to Nepal in terms of storage – the16GB model. It comes with a single 13MP f/2.0 single rear camera and an 8MP f/2.0 selfie shooter. Both the selfie shooter and the rear camera support portrait lighting feature with 6 different lightings for front camera and 4 different lightings for the rear camera.
The battery on the Lava R3 Note is rated at 3260 mAh.
Lava R3 Note Key Specifications
- Display: 6.22-inch 19:9 HD+ panel
- Resolution: 720×1440 pixels
- Chipset: MediaTek Helio P22 MT6762
- CPU: Octa-core 4 x2.0GHz Cortex A53, 4 x1.5Ghz Cortex A53
- GPU: PowerVR GE8320, 650MHz
- OS: Star OS 5.1 on top of Android 8.1
- Memory: 16GB/ 32GB internal storage (expandable up to 256GB using micro SD card), 3GB RAM
- Primary Camera: 13 MP, f/2.0, phase detection autofocus, LED flash, bokeh effect
- Secondary Camera: 8 MP, f/2.0
- Battery: Non-removable Li-Ion 3260 mAh battery
Lava R3 Note Price in Nepal: Rs. 17,999
As I already said, I find the design of the Lava R3 Note appealing. This plays a huge factor in people’s purchase decision. Not only the front of the phone looks modern, but the cool illusion blue color that Lava has experimented with at the back makes the phone look similar to what HTC U11 and U12.
The Helio P22 processor is good enough for normal apps like Insta and Twitter. It may even give you a little gaming performance. And for the price of this phone, that amount of performance seems ideal. The 3GB RAM is enough for a decent multitasking experience. I would suggest anyone thinking about buying this device to buy an SD card too because 16GB fills up pretty fast.
It surprised me a little to see just a single camera at the back. I mean for most phones of the budget range, dual cameras are just a marketing gimmick. So it positively surprised me that Lava didn’t jump that bandwagon. The 13MP single shooter is perfectly fine to capture a scenery in broad daylight and maybe click some photos of your loved ones. The 8MP selfie camera will do a decent job too. But don’t expect Lava to give you good night shots, this camera will fall apart as soon as the sun sinks below the horizon.
Overall, as the Lava R3 Note released below the 20K mark, I feel this phone is worth taking a look among a sea of budget phones from manufacturers like Xiaomi, Colors, and the likes. Keep this phone on your Radar.
- Vianet Brings Dashain-Tihar Offer on Internet Packages: 32”/40” Skyworth TV + FREE NetTV Package!Vianet is one of the prominent ISPs of Nepal. The services that they provide has…
- Samsung Galaxy M30s with 6000mAh Battery, 48MP Triple Cameras Launched in NepalSamsung recently refreshed the A series with the launch of Galaxy A30s and the Galaxy…
- Ncell Introduces “Mero Plan”: A Perfect Offer Plan for People on the Go?Ncell has just introduced a new plan. This new plan is called “Mero Plan” and…