Kathmandu Metropolitan City (KMC) has plans to install free WiFi service at various heritage sites in the city, including Hanumandhoka Durbar Square, Pashupatinath area, Swayambhunath Stupa, Bauddhanath Stupa, Balaju, and Shankhapark, reports Online Khabar.
Why it matters:
- With this free WiFi service, a person can get free Internet connection at the sites for 30 minutes per day.
- On 1st April, the agreement for the free wifi service was signed by WorldLink’s director Bijaya Kumar Jalan, and KMC mayor Bidhya Sundar Shakya.
- According to WorldLink, each place will have a bandwidth of 10 Mbps based on the number of minimum visitors at the place.
- The expenses for the WiFi will be covered by the internet service provider WorldLink.
- There will be 11 access points at Pashupati, four at Bauddha, two at Shankhapark, seven at Balaju Baisdhara Park, five at Swayambhu and nine at Basantapur.
- KMC’s New Idea to Curb Pollution: Vending Machines For Waste Management
- KMC to Impose Rs. 23.5 Million Fine to Kathmandu View Tower Builder
- KMC Starts Free Wi-Fi zones and CCTV Surveillance in a Few Places
- Xiaomi Mobiles Price in NepalReview of: Xiaomi Mobiles Price in NepalReviewed by: Nishan Rating:4On October 17, 2019Last modified:October 17,…
- Redmi Note 8 Pro: Keep Calm The Mid-range Beast is Coming in Nepal SoonXiaomi has been unstoppable with its Redmi series. Among, the standout Redmi phones, the Redmi…
- Huawei Y9 Prime 2019 Camera Review: Good Set of Rear CamerasHuawei Y9 Prime 2019 is the latest mid-range phone Huawei has to offer. It comes…