Kathmandu Metropolitan City (KMC) has plans to install free WiFi service at various heritage sites in the city, including Hanumandhoka Durbar Square, Pashupatinath area, Swayambhunath Stupa, Bauddhanath Stupa, Balaju, and Shankhapark, reports Online Khabar.
Why it matters:
- With this free WiFi service, a person can get free Internet connection at the sites for 30 minutes per day.
- On 1st April, the agreement for the free wifi service was signed by WorldLink’s director Bijaya Kumar Jalan, and KMC mayor Bidhya Sundar Shakya.
- According to WorldLink, each place will have a bandwidth of 10 Mbps based on the number of minimum visitors at the place.
- The expenses for the WiFi will be covered by the internet service provider WorldLink.
- There will be 11 access points at Pashupati, four at Bauddha, two at Shankhapark, seven at Balaju Baisdhara Park, five at Swayambhu and nine at Basantapur.
- KMC’s New Idea to Curb Pollution: Vending Machines For Waste Management
- KMC to Impose Rs. 23.5 Million Fine to Kathmandu View Tower Builder
- KMC Starts Free Wi-Fi zones and CCTV Surveillance in a Few Places
Experts Urge to Refine ‘Cybersecurity Policy 2021 Draft’, say there are Ample Gaps to be FulfilledDigitization has eased our life in many ways. Meanwhile, as everything is connected to the…
Understanding Electric Vehicle Tax Structure in Nepal: Past and Present!The EV sector in Nepal is a growing market, still decades away from its full…
Samsung Galaxy Tab A7 Lite Expected to Launch Soon in NepalSamsung Galaxy Tab A7 Lite which was unveiled last month is set to launch in…
Samsung Galaxy A22 with Helio G80 Expected to Launch Soon in NepalSamsung is expected to launch the Samsung Galaxy A22 in Nepal alongside the Samsung M32.…
ZTE Axon 30 Ultra with Snapdragon 888 to Launch Soon in NepalZTE is set to make a comeback in Nepal with a host of new smartphones.…