Kathmandu Metropolitan City (KMC) has plans to install free WiFi service at various heritage sites in the city, including Hanumandhoka Durbar Square, Pashupatinath area, Swayambhunath Stupa, Bauddhanath Stupa, Balaju, and Shankhapark, reports Online Khabar.
Why it matters:
- With this free WiFi service, a person can get free Internet connection at the sites for 30 minutes per day.
- On 1st April, the agreement for the free wifi service was signed by WorldLink’s director Bijaya Kumar Jalan, and KMC mayor Bidhya Sundar Shakya.
- According to WorldLink, each place will have a bandwidth of 10 Mbps based on the number of minimum visitors at the place.
- The expenses for the WiFi will be covered by the internet service provider WorldLink.
- There will be 11 access points at Pashupati, four at Bauddha, two at Shankhapark, seven at Balaju Baisdhara Park, five at Swayambhu and nine at Basantapur.
- KMC’s New Idea to Curb Pollution: Vending Machines For Waste Management
- KMC to Impose Rs. 23.5 Million Fine to Kathmandu View Tower Builder
- KMC Starts Free Wi-Fi zones and CCTV Surveillance in a Few Places
- 2019 Suzuki Gixxer 155 Officially Launched: Beautiful or Ugly?Finally! Suzuki decided to give Gixxer’s the much-needed redesign. Apparently, Suzuki Gixxer SF 250 and…
- OnePlus 7 Open for Pre-Booking in Nepal: Affordable & Still Superb?Review of: Oneplus 7Price:Rs. 66,999Reviewed by: Jubindra K.CRating:4On July 16, 2019Last modified:July 16, 2019Summary:But you…
- Sony Camera Super Deals – These Discounts Are Really HUGE!!!While Sony’s smartphones haven’t been able to make much space for themselves on the smartphone…