Hyundai Kona finally gets its prices slashed!
Laxmi International Pvt. Ltd., the authorized distributor of Hyundai cars in Nepal, has recently unveiled its latest pricing on its EV products.
After the recent Budget 2078/79 announcement, electric four-wheelers have gone down in price. Luckily, Hyundai Nepal has slashed down prices on both Hyundai Kona EV and Hyundai Ioniq EV.
As for the pricing, Hyundai Kona price in Nepal starts at Rs. 56.96 Lakhs to Rs. 71.96 Lakhs. Thanks to the new taxation policies, it is now Rs. 20 Lakhs and Rs. 26 Lakhs more affordable in the respective category.
In this article, we put our focus on the electric Hyundai SUV, Hyundai Kona.
Hyundai Kona Specifications
- Motor: Permanent Magnet Synchronous Motor (PMSM)
- Dimension: 4180 x 1800 x 1555 mm
- Wheelbase: 2600 mm
- Max Power:
- 100 kW
- 150 kW
- Max Torque: 395 Nm
- Transmission: Automatic
- Drive Type: FWD
- Top Speed:
- 155 Kmph in Regular Range
- 167 Kmph in Extended Range
- Battery Capacity:
- 39.2 kWh in Regular Range
- 64 kWh in Extended Range
- 312 Km in Regular Range
- 482 Km in Extended Range
- Charging Time: 8-10 Hours
- Front Tyre: 215/55R17 – Disc
- Rear Tyre: 215/55R17 – Disc
- Tubeless Tyres: Yes
- Safety System: Airbags, ABS, ESC, HAC
- Suspension Setup: McPherson Strut and Multi-Link Type
- Seating: 5-Seater
- Storage Capacity: 332 liters
- Ground Clearance: 158 mm
- Kerb Weight: 1535 – 1743 kg
- Colors: White, Black, Blue, and Red
Hyundai Kona Price in Nepal: Rs. 56,96,000 (100 kW) / Rs. 71,96,000 (150 kW)
Hyundai Kona Overview
Hyundai Kona sports a distinctive styling. It brings forth a confident stance and unique design, setting itself apart from the competition.
It successfully combines sculpted lines with a stylish edge, making it more expressive.
On the front, it gets a one-of-its-kind closed grille with improved aerodynamic. Along with that, Kona packs in a full-LED twin headlamp and sharp LED DRLS.
The side profile captures its muscular sculpted shape, helping it resonate with it is core SUV DNA.
Like the front, the rear portion is also aerodynamic with its wave-shaped flow. Moreover, the entire package is fully complete with stunning LED taillamps.
Moving on inside, Kona features exceptional comfort with high-quality materials, a spacious cabin, and premium styling.
Hyundai Kona is available in four colors: White, Black, Red, and Blue.
Hyundai Kona is available in two configurations: Regular Range and Long Range.
For the Regular range, it is powered by a Permanent-Magnet Synchronous Motor (PMSM). It can generate a max power of 100kW (120PS) and a max torque of 395Nm. Moreover, it comes with a 39.2kWh battery, capable of a 312Km range.
For the Long Range, it is also powered by a Permanent-Magnet Synchronous Motor (PMSM). It can generate a max power of 150kW (203PS) and a max torque of 395Nm. Furthermore, it comes with a 64kWh battery, capable of a 482Km range.
Hyundai Kona packs in a long list of interesting features. Here is a quick highlight!
Hyundai Kona Feature Highlights
- 100kW and 150kW PMSM Motor Option
- 39.2kWh and 64kWh Battery Option
- Discrete Top-Bottom LED DRLs and Headlamps
- LED Rear Lamps
- Concealed Front Charging Port
- Dual Tone Body Color
- 17-inch Alloy Wheel
- Electrically ADjustable and Foldable Outside Mirrors
- Electric Parking Brake with Auto Hold
- 7-inch LED Supervision Cluster
- 7-inch Floating Infotainment System
- KREEL Premium Sound System
- Smart Key and Push Button Start
- Paddle Shifters
- Large Boot Space
- Heated and Ventilated Front Seats
- 6 Airbags
- Reverse Parking Sensors
- Rear View Camera
- ABS with ESC
- Hill Assist Control (HAC)
Hyundai Kona Price in Nepal and Availability
Hyundai Kona price in Nepal is Rs. 56.96 Lakhs to Rs. 71.96 Lakhs. It is available in two variants: Regular Range and Extended Range.
Kona gets a 100kW Motor with a 39.2kWh battery for the regular range. Whereas, it gets a 150kW Motor with a 64kWh battery for the extended range.
|Hyundai Kona||Variant||Price in Nepal||Old Pricing|
|Hyundai Kona||EV 100 KW||Rs. 5696000||Rs. 7696000|
|Hyundai Kona||EV 150 KW||Rs. 7196000||Rs. 9496000|
Taking old prices into consideration, I see this as an absolute win!
Kona EV is an excellent choice for those looking to shift into the world of EV. It offers a stylish product, rich in features and practicality.
Moreover, Hyundai Nepal has established a reliable service network with excellent after-sales service for the customers.
Hyundai Kona competes with Hyundai Ioniq and Kia Niro EV.
Compared to Niro EV, Kona offers more aggressive styling with a more muscular stance. However, Kia Niro EV is still more feature-rich than the two.
Frequently Asked Questions
Who is the authorized distributor of Hyundai Kona EV in Nepal?
Laxmi International Pvt. Ltd. is the authorized distributor of Hyundai cars in Nepal.
What is the new price of the Hyundai Kona EV in Nepal?
The price of the Hyundai Kona EV in Nepal is Rs. 56.96 Lakhs (100kW) and Rs. 71.96 Lakhs (150kW).
Do I have to pay a yearly tax on Hyundai Kona?
Yes, there is a yearly tax on Hyundai Kona. It is Rs. 15,000 for the 100kW variant and Rs. 20,000 for the 150kW variant.
Where is Hyundai Kona made?
Hyundai Kona is made and imported from Korea to Nepal.
- Programiz: An e-Learning Platform from Nepal has now Reached 15 Million pageviews/month in the Global MarketOnly a handful Nepali digital platforms have reached the global audience. One of them is…
- Ford Figo Automatic Launched: Two New Variants Enter Nepal!Ford Figo Automatic is now available in Nepal. Go Automobiles Pvt. Ltd., the authorized distributor…
- Poco X3 Pro Review: Awesome Gaming Performance on BudgetPros 120Hz IPS Display Awesome Performance Good Battery 33W Fast Charging Cons Thick for a…
- NIU UQim Electric Moped Launched in NepalNIU UQim is the latest NIU scooter launched for the Nepali market. Eco Infinity Pvt.…