The government has taken the initiative to adopt and implement policies to “Make Nepal Green” movement effective. The movement focuses on attaining the Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs).
- The movement is implemented by SAPPROS Nepal, a social organization, which focuses on working towards the attainment of the SDGs through the implementation of the consortium of organic agriculture, renewable energy, IT, and eco-tourism.
- The government has followed the policy to achieve a sustainable environment and the development of a social protection system for poverty alleviation.
- The movement envisions the utilization of IT systems to promote the organic agriculture produce and geographic locations of production.
- A conference was organized by SAPROS Nepal related to “Make Nepal Green” movement on the 25th and 26th of April 2018.
- The conference aimed to access and discuss the new policy interventions for the movement and to expand the network of organizations working on the implementation of ‘Make Nepal Green’.
- The conference also deliberated on topics like combatting hunger, securing food security, empowerment of women and youth, attaining the SDGs, promotion of ecotourism, renewable energy and use of IT for poverty reduction, among other issues.
- SAPPROS Nepal has been implementing the ‘Make Nepal Green’ concept in the districts impacted by the earthquake of 2015 such as Gorkha, Nuwakot, Sindhupalchok, Lamjung and Tanahun districts.
- President of SAPPROS Nepal, Shree Krishna Upadhyay informed that the conference was organized to follow up on the progress of grassroots implementation, and results of ‘Make Nepal Green’.
- According to Finance Minister Dr. Yubaraj Khatiwada, the government has laid the emphasis on poverty alleviation, increasing the agricultural production and reducing the problem of climate change effects by means of green economy.
- According to the Chairman of the Sana Kisan Bikas Bank Limited, Khem Bahadur Pathak, the technology and investment would be taken ahead in tandem as the investment made through the cooperatives was found to be very effective for the benefit of the farmers.
- China’s Aid in Solar Power to Help Illuminate Nepali Government Headquarters
- Panauti Municipality Going Green
- Nepal’s First Large-Scale Solar Project Construction Begins
Purple Launches Affordable KW105 Smartwatch with Bluetooth Calling FeatureIOT incorporated, the authorized distributor of Purple smartwatch has launched Purple KW105. It is a…
Suzuki V-Strom SX, New 250cc Adventure Motorcycle, Expected to Launch in Nepal Soon!Suzuki V-Strom SX is heading to Nepal… allegedly. Vishal Group, the authorized distributor of Suzuki…
Huawei Watch GT 3 Pro with ECG Feature Launched in NepalHuawei has launched its smartwatch Huawei Watch GT 3 Pro in Nepal. The Huawei Watch…