A special ceremony was organized in the Singhadurbar premises for the inauguration of the solar photovoltaic project. The inauguration was done by Nepali Prime Minister KP Sharma Oli and Chinese Ambassador to Nepal, Yu Hong.
What they are saying:
- Prime Minister Oli said, “Solar energy is an important technology for the mountainous country like Nepal in terms of efficiency and cost. I am thankful to China for the construction of this solar photovoltaic project in a short period of time and hopeful that this project can work as a model project for other areas.”
- Adding, “Though we are rich in water resources, sole dependence on hydropower is costly. Thus, we are focusing on renewable energy.”
- He also said that China’s Belt and Road Initiative has opened up a new avenue for cooperation between Nepal and China in multiple sectors including energy.
- “I hope that this project will become a model project for Nepal to expand energy supply channels, strengthen electricity supply security and realize green development,” Chinese Ambassador Yu Hong said.
- Adding, “The Chinese government has been engaged in efforts to help Nepal realize electricity development and will continue to provide assistance and support within its capacity in the economic and social development of the country.”
- Back in November of 2016, the solar panels were installed in at least 21 buildings around the central secretariat of the Nepali government, including the Prime Minister’s Office, the Ministry of Finance and the Ministry of Energy.
- According to government officials, the estimated project cost is around 37 million Chinese yuan (about 5.97 million U.S. dollars).
- The 14-month long project was implemented by China State Construction Engineering Corporation Ltd.
- Solar Panel Powers Pump that Brings Water Daily to Quake-hit Households
- Solar Energy Promoter From Nepal Wins USD 100,000 Grant
- Nepal Exempt From Solar Import Tariffs in USA
- Samsung Galaxy Z Flip 3 Review: The Best Affordable Flip PhonePros IPX8 Water Resistance Improved Displays Durable Build Flawless Performance Top-Notch Selfies Compactness Cons Battery…
- NTA Studying the Possibility of Refurbishing and Assembling Phone Sets in NepalNepal Telecommunication Authority (NTA) is studying the possiblity to assemble and refurbish mobile phone sets.…
- Coolpad Cool 12A Review: An Stylish Entry-Level OptionPros Great design Good display Great Battery Life Decent performance Cons Below Average Camera Bugs…
- Gionee P15 Pro with Helio G35 and 6000mAh Battery Launched in NepalThe pro version of the recently launched Gionee P15, Gionee P15 Pro has been launched…
- Samsung Galaxy M22 with 48MP Camera Goes Official, Expected Soon in NepalSamsung Galaxy M22 has gone official with the listing of the phone on the company’s…
- Bikes-Scooters Prices to Increase from Rs. 15,000 to Rs. 50,000 as Govt Raises Tax DutyNepal Government has brought forth a new budget for the fiscal year 2021/22. It comes…