An electric bus, eBuzz K6, was recently launched in India by Ananth Geete, Union minister for heavy Industries and public enterprises. A joint venture between Goldstone Infratech and BYD Auto Industry, resulted in the development of the bus. The bus is a zero-emission electric feeder.
Why it matters:
- This joint venture will deliver five units of the 18-seater bus to Nepal, which is likely to be launched in the coming months.
- Even though the buses are yet to arrive, they are already planned to be used on the Lumbini Tourism lines once they arrive in Nepal.
- Goldstone Infratech is a Hyderabad-based bus maker and BYD Auto Industry is a Chinese electric vehicle maker.
- According to BYD-Goldstone, eBuzz K6 is expected to debut in Bengaluru, Delhi, Chandigarh, Goa, Rajkot, and Hyderabad in the next few months.
- The lithium-ion batteries that are used for manufacturing e-buses are currently being imported from China. However, India has plans to start manufacturing the batteries themselves.
What they are saying:
Zhang Jie, executive director of BYD India said that they were greatly encouraged by the quality of electric buses that are being manufactured in India by Goldstone and these manufacturing facilities in India will be used for export to SAARC Countries. Adding that they were committed to making vehicles that are not only environment-friendly but also help in greatly reducing the carbon footprint.
- 20 Thousand Electric Rickshaws Imported in Last Fiscal
- Nepal Government Purchases its First Electric Vehicle to Counter Pollution
- Electric Vehicles, The Right Choice for Nepal?
- Samsung Galaxy Z Flip 3 Review: The Best Affordable Flip PhonePros IPX8 Water Resistance Improved Displays Durable Build Flawless Performance Top-Notch Selfies Compactness Cons Battery…
- NTA Studying the Possibility of Refurbishing and Assembling Phone Sets in NepalNepal Telecommunication Authority (NTA) is studying the possiblity to assemble and refurbish mobile phone sets.…
- Coolpad Cool 12A Review: An Stylish Entry-Level OptionPros Great design Good display Great Battery Life Decent performance Cons Below Average Camera Bugs…
- Samsung Galaxy A52s 5G Launching Next Week in NepalSamsung Galaxy A52s 5G is set to launch soon in Nepal. Samsung unveiled the Samsung…
- Gionee P15 Pro with Helio G35 and 6000mAh Battery Launched in NepalThe pro version of the recently launched Gionee P15, Gionee P15 Pro has been launched…
- Samsung Galaxy M22 with 48MP Camera Goes Official, Expected Soon in NepalSamsung Galaxy M22 has gone official with the listing of the phone on the company’s…