An electric bus, eBuzz K6, was recently launched in India by Ananth Geete, Union minister for heavy Industries and public enterprises. A joint venture between Goldstone Infratech and BYD Auto Industry, resulted in the development of the bus. The bus is a zero-emission electric feeder.
Why it matters:
- This joint venture will deliver five units of the 18-seater bus to Nepal, which is likely to be launched in the coming months.
- Even though the buses are yet to arrive, they are already planned to be used on the Lumbini Tourism lines once they arrive in Nepal.
- Goldstone Infratech is a Hyderabad-based bus maker and BYD Auto Industry is a Chinese electric vehicle maker.
- According to BYD-Goldstone, eBuzz K6 is expected to debut in Bengaluru, Delhi, Chandigarh, Goa, Rajkot, and Hyderabad in the next few months.
- The lithium-ion batteries that are used for manufacturing e-buses are currently being imported from China. However, India has plans to start manufacturing the batteries themselves.
What they are saying:
Zhang Jie, executive director of BYD India said that they were greatly encouraged by the quality of electric buses that are being manufactured in India by Goldstone and these manufacturing facilities in India will be used for export to SAARC Countries. Adding that they were committed to making vehicles that are not only environment-friendly but also help in greatly reducing the carbon footprint.
- 20 Thousand Electric Rickshaws Imported in Last Fiscal
- Nepal Government Purchases its First Electric Vehicle to Counter Pollution
- Electric Vehicles, The Right Choice for Nepal?
Best Laptops Under Rs. 90,000 in Nepal: Features and SpecsIt’s challenging to pick the best laptop for your needs. New laptops with new features…
Registration Open for Hacker Convention THREAT CON 2022Registration is now open for hacker convention THREAT CON 2022. The event is happening from…
Xiaomi Mobiles Price in Nepal: Features and SpecsXiaomi is one of the fastest-growing smartphone brands in the world. Good smartphone at an…