According to the Department of Transport Management, around 20,029 electric rickshaws and tempos were imported to Nepal in the last fiscal year. The number is a 38% increase from the last fiscal year.
Why it matters:
- Electric rickshaws are an environment-friendly alternative to the gasoline-powered vehicles.
- In order to promote their use, the government only charges 10% import duty on e-rickshaws, and no other taxes are added.
- On the other hand, the taxes total to around 127% on import of gasoline-powered three-wheelers.
- The electric rickshaws are one of the most popular transportation options in the Tarai region.
- They can travel up to 100 km when fully charged.
- The electric rickshaws gained rapid popularity after the trade embargo imposed by India in 2015.
- During the period, when there was a shortage of gasoline supplies, electric rickshaws could still operate.
- Surge in Auto-rickshaw Import Contributes 167 Million Worth of Revenue
- Pedicab Project Gives Nepal’s Rickshaws a Modern Update
- Electric Vehicles, The Right Choice for Nepal?
- TVS Scooter Price in Nepal: Features and SpecsTVS Scooter is one of the popular scooter brands in Nepal. The scooter ranges from…
- KTM Duke 200 BS6 Pre-Booking Opens in Nepal: What’s New in BS6 Version?KTM Bikes with BS6 compliant engines are coming to Nepal! After months of anticipation, KTM…
- Entry Level Realme C11 with Helio G35 to Launch Soon in NepalRealme recently launched phones like Realme 6 and Realme 6i. And now they are going…