According to the Department of Transport Management, around 20,029 electric rickshaws and tempos were imported to Nepal in the last fiscal year. The number is a 38% increase from the last fiscal year.
Why it matters:
- Electric rickshaws are an environment-friendly alternative to the gasoline-powered vehicles.
- In order to promote their use, the government only charges 10% import duty on e-rickshaws, and no other taxes are added.
- On the other hand, the taxes total to around 127% on import of gasoline-powered three-wheelers.
- The electric rickshaws are one of the most popular transportation options in the Tarai region.
- They can travel up to 100 km when fully charged.
- The electric rickshaws gained rapid popularity after the trade embargo imposed by India in 2015.
- During the period, when there was a shortage of gasoline supplies, electric rickshaws could still operate.
- Surge in Auto-rickshaw Import Contributes 167 Million Worth of Revenue
- Pedicab Project Gives Nepal’s Rickshaws a Modern Update
- Electric Vehicles, The Right Choice for Nepal?
Graphic Designers in Nepal Raise Concern Over Plagiarism, Suggest Brands to be SensibleRecently, a reputed scooter brand copied an artwork of Indra Jatra and published it in…
Apple Announces new 14 inch MacBook Pro with all-new M1 Pro and M1 Max ChipApple unveiled the new redesigned MacBook Pro 14-inch in their virtual Unleashed event on October…
Apple Launches AirPods 3 with Spatial Audio and MagSafe supportApple announced the third generation of AirPods (also known as AirPods 3) as part of its…
Tecno Spark 7T with 48MP Camera and 6000mAh Battery Now Available in NepalThe official distributor of Tecno Mobiles, Mahalaxmi Mobiles Pvt. Ltd. has launched the Tecno Spark…