Apple has finally announced the 2020 flagship iPhones: iPhone 12 Pro and iPhone 12 Pro Max. iPhone 12 Pro starts at $999 and the iPhone 12 Pro Max starts at $1,099.
The iPhone 12 Pro Max is bigger than last year’s 6.5 inches iPhone 11 Pro Max. And, is the biggest iPhone to date. It brings some design changes along with improvement in performance and camera. However, the biggest addition to this year’s iPhone is the 5G.
So, let’s see what the new iPhone 12 Pro Max has to offer.
iPhone 12 Pro Max Specifications
- Body: 160.8 x 78.1 x 7.4 mm, 228 g, Single SIM (Nano-SIM and/or eSIM) or Dual SIM (Nano-SIM, dual stand-by), IP68 dust/water resistant (up to 6m for 30 mins)
- Display: 6.7‑inchSuper Retina XDR OLED, 1284 x 2778 pixels, HDR10, 800 nits (typ), 1200 nits (peak), Dolby Vision
- Protection: Scratch-resistant glass, oleophobic coating
- Chipset: Apple A14 Bionic (5 nm)
- CPU: Hexa-core
- GPU: Apple GPU (4-core graphics)
- Memory: 128GB, 256GB, 512GB, NVMe
- OS: iOS 14
- Rear Camera: 12 MP, f/1.6, 26mm (wide), 1.7µm, dual pixel PDAF, sensor-shift OIS
- Front Camera: 12 MP, f/2.2, 23mm (wide), 1/3.6″
- Battery: Non-removable Li-Ion battery, Fast charging 18W support, 50% in 30 min, 7.5W Qi Wireless Charging; 15W MagSafe Wireless Charger (No charger included in the box)
- USB: Lightning, USB 2.0
- Misc: Face ID, accelerometer, gyro, proximity, compass, barometer
- Colors: Silver, Graphite, Gold, Pacific Blue
iPhone 12 Pro Max Price in Nepal: Rs.1,80,000 (Expected)
iPhone 12 Pro Max Overview
The form factor of the iPhone 12 Pro Max is nearly the same as the older iPhone 11 Pro Max. The new Pro Max has a more squared-off design. It is made of durable stainless steel material and is available in 4 colors: Pacific Blue, Graphite Gold, and Silver.
These new iPhones also come with “Ceramic Shield” technology which Apple says offers glass that’s tougher than any other smartphone display with 4 times better drop performance than the older iPhones. iPhone 12 Pro Max comes with an IP68 rating to withstand water submersion up to 6 meters for up to 30 minutes, and are protected against everyday spills, including coffee and soda.
The design of the camera module remains the same but with an extra lidar sensor and on the front it still has the same design as the older model.
iPhone 12 Pro Max gets a larger 6.7-inch display compared to the iPhone 11 Pro Max’s 6.5 inches. It’s a Super Retina XDR display with systemwide color management for industry-leading color accuracy.
It has a screen resolution of 1284 x 2778 pixels and features nearly 3.5 million pixels for a remarkable, true-to-life viewing experience. The display panel supports HDR10 and has 1200 nits peak brightness.
iPhone 12 Pro Max has a triple camera with an extra lidar sensor. It has a 12MP f/1.6 wide main sensor, a 12MP ultra-wide sensor, and a 12MP f/2.2 telephoto lens.
The main sensor has a faster f/1.6 aperture and boasts a 47 percent larger sensor with 1.7μm pixels for a massive 87 percent improvement in low-light conditions. It also includes the expansive Ultra-Wide camera and a 65 mm focal length Telephoto camera for increased flexibility with closer shots and tighter crops. Combined, this system offers a 5x optical zoom range.
iPhone 12 Pro also features a LiDAR Scanner on the back. Enables object and room scanning, AR features, and more. The LiDAR Scanner also contributes to low-light autofocus and improving capture time.
Apple has brought improvement to its night mode and is now extended to the TrueDepth and Ultrawide sensors. They have a new HDR system with Smart HDR 3 which is supposed to provide more true-to-life images, even in complex scenes. Plus, they have brought Night mode Time-lapse feature for better time-lapse at night time.
The new iPhone 12 Pro Max will also be able to short in HDR video, a first for the iPhone including support for shooting directly in Dolby Visions HDR.
iPhone 12 Pro Max comes with the all-new A14 Bionic chipset. A14 Bionic is the first chip in the smartphone industry built on a 5-nanometer process. Apple claims that the A14 Bionic is 50 percent faster compared to the competing smartphones allowing console-quality gaming experiences, powerful computational photography, and more while delivering great battery life.
A14 Bionic features a 16-core Neural Engine — for an 80 percent increase in performance — that is capable of completing 11 trillion operations per second, enabling improved performance on even the most intense ML models.
iPhone 12 Pro Max will come in 128GB, 256GB, and 512GB storage variants.
Battery and MagSafe
The exact battery life is still unspecified but it should have slightly better battery life than the older model as it has a more efficient chipset. Apple mentions that it can last up to 17 hours of video playback, or 11 hours of streaming, or 65 hours of audio playback
It still uses a lightning connector and supports fast charging (Up to 50% charge in around 30 minutes with 20W adapter or higher that is sold separately. You only get a USB-C to a lightning cable in the box as Apple has ditched the charger for reducing carbon emissions.
It supports wireless charging up to 7.5W but supports faster 15W charging with MagSafe wireless charging.
Apple has brought back its MagSafe branding and has brought along a new feature in which magnets alight themselves perfectly every time for faster wireless charging. You can get various MagSafe accessories like case and wallets.
iPhone 12 Pro Max Price in Nepal and Availablity
iPhone 12 Pro Max pre-order will start on October 16 and it will be available on October 23. But, there’s still no specific timeline for its launch in Nepal. However, the iPhone 12 Pro Max price in Nepal could be around Rs.1,80,000.
iPhone 12 Pro Max is an update on the 11 Pro Max and a good one at that. Without any changes in the price, they have made updates in each category and have also introduced 5G for the first time on an iPhone. They have brought some meaningful updates to the table with its camera, improved night mode, HDR 3, and a LIDAR sensor. But, they have omitted a charger for reducing the carbon footprint. However, if you don’t have a charger where do you from it? from Apple, Right?
Also, it’s the A14 Bionic chipset is the first 5nm mobile chip and is the most powerful chipset right now. But they have skipped a high refresh rate display. So, it won’t feel as fast as the high refresh rate Android even with its A14 Bionic.
So, What do you think about the iPhone 12 Pro Max? Let us know in the comments!
- IME Pay Celebrates 1 Million Downloads on PlayStore with A GiveawayIME Pay, one of the popular digital wallets of Nepal has hit 1 million downloads…
- Yamaha Ray ZR 125 FI Street Rally Launched in Nepal for Rs. 2.54 LakhsAll-new sporty Yamaha Ray ZR 125 Street Rally is now available in Nepal. MAW Enterprises, the…
- Bajaj Avenger 160 ABS Street First Ride: Mixed Experiences!Bajaj Avenger 160 ABS Street is now available in Nepal. HH Bajaj, the authorized distributors…
- Suzuki Gixxer 155 First Ride: Great First Impression!Suzuki Gixxer 250 was a total package! Suzuki’s naked flagship had everything one could ever…
- DJI Osmo Mobile 4 with Magnetic Clamp Design Now Available in NepalDJI announced its latest mobile gimbal, the Osmo Mobile 4 back in August. And, now…