After long anticipation, Yamaha Motors India has finally launched the new Yamaha FZ-X.
Yamaha FZ-X is an all-new entry into the popular FZ Series. Rather than replacing the Yamaha FZS, it will be available alongside it.
As for the pricing, the Yamaha FZ-X price in India is set at INRs. 1.16 Lakhs. Interestingly, the price has been set higher than the outgoing Yamaha FZS model.
Even though it shares the under-the-hood performance elements, the design is completely developed from the ground up.
With the launch of the new FZ-Series, there will be curiosity surrounding its launch in the Nepali markets. Before talking about that, let’s take a quick look at the new Yamaha FZX.
Yamaha FZX FI Specifications
- Engine Type: Single Cylinder, 4 Stroke, 2-Valve, SOHC
- Emission Standard: BS6
- Displacement: 149 cc
- Cooling System: Air Cooled
- Starting Mechanism: Self Starter Only
- Max Power: 12.4 PS @ 7250 rpm
- Max Torque: 13.3 Nm @ 5500 rpm
- Gearbox: 5-Speed
- Top Speed: 110 Kmph
- Fuel Tank Capacity: 10 liters
- Mileage: 45 kmpl
- Front Tyre: 100/80-17 – Disc
- Rear Tyre: 140/60-R17 – Disc
- Tubeless Tyres: Yes
- Braking System: Single-Channel ABS
- Suspension Setup: Telescopic Front Forks and 7-Step Adjustable Monocross
- Seat Height: 810 mm
- Ground Clearance: 165 mm
- Kerb Weight: 139 kg
- Colors: Matt Copper, Matt Black, and Metallic Blue
Yamaha FZX Price in Nepal: Rs. 3.50 Lakhs – Rs. 3.80 Lakhs (Expected)
Yamaha FZX Overview
Yamaha FZX moves away from the traditional streetfighter stance. It brings in a new era of neo-retro motorcycles.
While the underlying design is inspired by classic-era retro motorcycles, the practical components are modern.
On the front, FZX gets a circular headlamp with bi-functional LED with LED DRLs. Similarly, it gets a sleek oval-shaped ring LED tail light.
The side profile feels boxier, inspired by retro motorcycles.
It comes with a muscular fuel tank along with a metal fuel tank cover. Moreover, it gets the classic two-level seat with tuck and roll.
Other visual and functional elements include block pattern tyres, blacked-out engine cowl, and multiple body cladding.
The gap between the rear seat and rear tyre feels slightly awkward.
Yamaha FZX is available in three different colors: Matt Copper, Matt Black, and Metallic Blue.
Yamaha FZX is powered by a 149cc, air-cooled, 2-valve, SOHC engine. It can generate a max power of 12.4PS at 7250rpm and a max torque of 13.4Nm at 5500rpm. Moreover, it is mated to a 5-speed gearbox with a 10-liter fuel tank capacity.
FZX features a BS6-compliant engine along with Yamaha Blue Core technology. It is the same engine and same performance already seen with the Yamaha FZS 150.
Nevertheless, Yamaha has decided to opt for a 10-liter fuel tank instead of a 13-liter.
Like all new motorcycles, Yamaha FZX brings in new and exciting features. Here is a quick list of all new features.
Yamaha FZX 150 Feature Highlights
- Neo-Retro Motorcycle Styling
- 150cc BS6-compliant Engine
- Class D Bi-Functional LED Headlight with LED DRLs
- Oval-Shaped Ringed LED Tail Light
- Multi-Information Negative LCD Meter
- Bluetooth Connectivity
- USB Power Socket
- Metal Fuel Tank Cover
- Engine Cowl
- Telescopic Front Suspension and Monocross Rear Suspension
- Front Fork Boots and Coverings
- Dual Disc Braking
- Single-Channel ABS
- Side-Stand Engine Cutoff
Yamaha FZX Price in Nepal and Availability
Taking the Indian price into consideration, the Yamaha FZX price in Nepal will be around Rs. 3.50 Lakhs – Rs. 3.80 Lakhs.
If you think the pricing is expensive, there are two important things to consider.
Firstly, Yamaha Nepal is yet to launch BS6 versions of the Yamaha FZS series. When they do, the pricing will be Rs. 20,000 – Rs. 30,000 more than the current outgoing models.
Secondly, the Yamaha FZ-X is even more expensive than the Yamaha FZS BS6.
Factoring in those two conditions, Yamaha FZX will be a premium offering despite being limited by the 150cc engine.
Unfortunately, Yamaha Nepal hasn’t yet confirmed its plan to bring Yamaha FZX 150 to Nepal.
Also, watch our full review of the Jawa Classic!
- Samsung Galaxy Z Flip 3 Review: The Best Affordable Flip PhonePros IPX8 Water Resistance Improved Displays Durable Build Flawless Performance Top-Notch Selfies Compactness Cons Battery…
- NTA Studying the Possibility of Refurbishing and Assembling Phone Sets in NepalNepal Telecommunication Authority (NTA) is studying the possiblity to assemble and refurbish mobile phone sets.…
- Coolpad Cool 12A Review: An Stylish Entry-Level OptionPros Great design Good display Great Battery Life Decent performance Cons Below Average Camera Bugs…
- OnePlus Mobiles Price in Nepal: Features and SpecsOnePlus is a Chinese smartphone maker that focuses on performance over anything else. Its parent…
- Honda CB350 RS Gets a Price Hike in Nepal – Rs. 23,000 Expensive!Honda CB350 RS is now more expensive in Nepal. Syakar Trading Company Pvt. Ltd., the…
- Samsung Galaxy A52s 5G Launching Next Week in Nepal!Samsung Galaxy A52s 5G is set to launch soon in Nepal. Samsung unveiled the Samsung…