Xiaomi is one of the most popular brands in Nepal. They mainly gained their popularity with the help of their bestselling devices: Redmi Note 4 and the Xiaomi Mi A1. Xiaomi comes up with such a kind of smartphone time and again, which lies in that “sweet spot”, you know when the price to performance is perfect? Xiaomi has released another smartphone in their budget lineup: the Xiaomi Mi A2, which qualifies for a phone in the same “sweet spot”. Though Mi Nepal hasn’t stated anything official about the launch of this smartphone, considering the company past records, it is likely that Mi A2 will make its way to Nepal anytime soon.
Xiaomi Mi A2 comes with a 5.99-inch LTPS IPS LCD capacitive touchscreen with a resolution of 1080×2160 pixels. This might sound a little inferior compared to that of the flagship devices but it doesn’t look that bad. The processor is the Snapdragon 660 which is backed up by an Adreno 512 GPU, which should give you enough power for a decent usage. The RAM on this device is either 4GB and 6GB. You get an internal storage of 128GB with the 6GB RAM version and 64GB with 4GB RAM version.
The camera setup is amazing, at least on paper. You are getting a dual camera setup with a 12MP and 20MP sensors both with a f/1.8 aperture. On the front, you have a 20MP sensor with a f/1.8 aperture again. Powering all this is a 3010 mAh battery, however, this is a little less considering how much power this the hardware is going to consume. The UI is Android 8.1 Oreo version.
Xiaomi Mi A2 Key Specifications
- Display: 5.99-inch LTPS IPS LCD capacitive touchscreen
- Resolution: 1080×2160 pixels (18:9 Aspect Ratio)s
- Chipset: Qualcomm SDM660 Snapdragon 660
- CPU: Octa-core (4×2.2 GHz Kryo 260 & 4×1.8 GHz Kryo 260)
- GPU: Adreno 512
- OS: Android 8.1 (Oreo) [Android One Certified]
- Memory: 128GB ROM, 6GB RAM or 64GB ROM, 4GB RAM
- Primary Camera: Dual:12 MP (f/1.8, 1/2.9″, 1.25µm) + 20 MP (f/1.8, 1/2.8″, 1.0µm)
- Secondary Camera: 20 MP (f/1.8, 1/2.8″, 1.0µm)
- Battery: Non-removable Li-Ion 3010 mAh battery
Xiaomi Mi A2 Price in Nepal 4GB (Expected): Rs. 30,000
This phone is great. If this phone is going to come at a price less than 30 grand, trust me you won’t get a phone better than this. Snapdragon 660 is the best one out there as far as it goes for the budget smartphones. And this being backed up with 6GB of RAM is going to give you insane performance. Multitasking to going to be hella smooth. The gaming performance too is going to be great, even though this might experience a few stutters.
The camera is something I liked very much. If the optimization and the camera quality as good in real life as on paper, you are going to get an insanely good-looking images. We are yet to see how much of an quality there is regarding the colors and exposure. With a 20MP front camera, you are going to get great selfies as well.
If I were looking for a budget smartphone, I would certainly buy this device and would recommend this to anyone who is looking for one. So, stay tuned with us to know when this device is going to be released so that you could grab yours as soon as it hits the market.
So, tell us about what you think of the Xiaomi Mi A2 in the comments down below.
- Vivo Y17 with AI Triple Camera and 5000 mAh Battery Launched in NepalReview of: Vivo Y17Price:Rs. 31,490Reviewed by: Nishan Rating:4On May 25, 2019Last modified:May 25, 2019Summary:Overall, Vivo…
- New and Upcoming Scooters in NepalReview of: New and Upcoming Scooters in NepalPrice:TBAReviewed by: Jubindra K.CRating:4On May 24, 2019Last modified:May…
- New and Upcoming Bikes in NepalReview of: New and upcoming bikes in NepalProduct by: Jubin K.C.Reviewed by: Jubindra K.CRating:4On May…