Xiaomi’s Mi 5 was released in February earlier this year with a price tag of Rs.49,999. Well, from yesterday until 17th December Xiaomi Mi 5 is officially available for Rs.44,999 in Nepal. So, should you buy this smartphone or not?
Xiaomi Mi 5 General Specifications:
- Display – 5.15 inches (1080×1920), IPS LCD capacitive touchscreen
- Protection – Corning Gorilla Glass 4
- Chipset – Qualcomm MSM8996 Snapdragon 820
- CPU – Quad-core (2×1.8 GHz Kryo & 2×1.36 GHz Kryo)
- GPU – Adreno 530
- Platform – Android OS, v6.0 (Marshmallow)
- Memory – 32 GB, 3 GB RAM
- Camera – 16 MP, f/2.0, phase detection autofocus, OIS (4-axis), dual-LED (dual tone) flash
- Secondary Camera – 4 MP, f/2.0
- Battery – Non-removable Li-Po 3000 mAh battery
- Sensors – Fingerprint, accelerometer, gyro, proximity, compass, barometer
Should you buy it?
Mi 5 is one of the best phones to hit Nepali market this year, but it’s disappointing that only the 32GB(standard variant) of this phone is made available in Nepal. The phone has the specs that most of the 2016 flagships carried, and therefore it is certainly not out of date.
The newer version of the phone; Mi 5s and Mi 5s plus has been released and it might just be hitting the Nepali market soon. This might be one of the reasons for the price drop but I wouldn’t jump the gun and go for the device without any second thoughts. Rather, I would wait for the newer versions of the device which might be available for the similar price tag.
Also, another option is to go for the OnePlus 3 which has a similar specification and better build quality if you can spend Rs.49,999. With this option, you are not only getting double the memory, 64GB instead of 32GB, but you can also experience the beta version of Android OS, Android 7.1 (Nougat) as well.
This is my opinion on what you should do. But, if you’ve got a better option or suggestion, do mention them in the comments below.
Where to buy Xiaomi Mi 5:
- Mi Showroom, 2nd Floor, Labim Mall, Pulchowk, Patan
Tel: 01-5530604 / Mob: 9801123192
- Mi Showroom, Pako Newroad (Opposite of Tamrakar complex)
Tel: 01-4251672 / Mob: 9801100585
- Samsung Galaxy Z Flip 3 Review: The Best Affordable Flip PhonePros IPX8 Water Resistance Improved Displays Durable Build Flawless Performance Top-Notch Selfies Compactness Cons Battery…
- NTA Studying the Possibility of Refurbishing and Assembling Phone Sets in NepalNepal Telecommunication Authority (NTA) is studying the possiblity to assemble and refurbish mobile phone sets.…
- Coolpad Cool 12A Review: An Stylish Entry-Level OptionPros Great design Good display Great Battery Life Decent performance Cons Below Average Camera Bugs…
- Analogue Inc. Becomes Official Huawei Cloud Consulting & Reselling Partner in NepalAnalogue Inc. has become an official consulting and reselling partner of Huawei Cloud service in…
- ISPs to Hike Internet Price by up to Rs. 300 in Nepal Reasoning Increase in Pole RentInternet Service Providers are planning to increase the price of the internet due to the…
- WiSTEAM Steps to Sixth Year, Aims to Educate 2000 Girls about STEM Activities by Next YearWomen In STEAM (WiSTEAM), a social enterprise supporting girls and women education in the Science,…