Vivo V15 was one of the first devices in Nepal to feature the pop-up camera design. And in the launch article, I praised Vivo for bringing such innovative phones into Nepal. This phone was launched for Rs. 45,190 but its price has now been dropped to Rs. 41,990. If you don’t know about the phone much, keep reading this article.
Vivo V15 is, as the name suggests, a toned down version of the Vivo V15 Pro. One example of its inferiority would be the IPS LCD display instead of the AMOLED one found on the Pro. You’ll have to say goodbye to punchy colors and deep blacks. But the resolution is still FHD+, so the texts and images still look sharp. Don’t get me wrong, this display is not a bad panel. It’s only that V15 Pro has a better one.
The next thing you might notice is that the V15 uses a MediaTek processor. The processor inside is the Mediatek Helio P70 processor. Its performance is similar to that of the Snapdragon 660 found on phones like the Xiaomi Mi A2.So, I don’t have many qualms about the performance on this phone. Everyday tasks will run smoothly; you may even be able to game a little. Multitasking won’t be a problem with the 6GB RAM onboard. The 64GB internal storage is fine for most people.
Vivo V15 Key Specifications
- Launch Date: March 2019
- Display: 6.53 inches IPS LCD
- Resolution: 1080 x 2340 pixels (~395 ppi density)
- Chipset: Mediatek Helio P70 (12nm)
- CPU: Octa-core (4×2.1 GHz Cortex-A73 & 4×2.0 GHz Cortex-A53)
- GPU: Mali-G72 MP3
- OS: Android 9.0 (Pie); Funtouch 9
- Memory: 64GB, 6GB (internal storage expandable up to 256GB using micro SD card)
- Primary Camera: Triple 12 MP, f/1.8, PDAF & 8 MP, 13mm (ultrawide) & 5 MP, f/2.4, depth sensor
- Secondary Camera: 32MP Pop Up
- Battery: Non-removable Li-Po 4000 mAh battery
Vivo V15 Price in Nepal: Rs. 41,990
Vivo V15, like the V15 Pro, has a triple camera setup. But it does not consist of the same sensors used in the V15 Pro. There’s no 48MP sensor anywhere. Instead, Vivo 15 has a 12MP+8MP+5MP camera setup. We will have to test it ourselves to give you a verdict on how this setup performs. Don’t assume outright that it won’t be as good as the V15 Pro.
SEE ALSO: Vivo Mobiles Price in Nepal
However, for all the subtractions, Vivo V15 retains the motorized 32MP pop-up selfie camera. This gives the phone that edge to edge screen look that we all like. But, the fingerprint sensor is not under the screen; it’s at the back. That’s a bummer but they had to cut corners somewhere to make the phone less pricey.
So, to sum up, Vivo does away with an AMOLED display, a better camera sensor, more powerful processor, and larger storage by slashing about 10K off the price of the Vivo V15 Pro in Vivo V15. It’s entirely up to you to decide whether these features are worth your hard earned 10K to you.
My suggestion is to go to a Vivo Store, see the Vivo V15 and V15 Pro with your own eyes, use it for some time, and see for yourself if you can live with the Vivo V15 or not.
- 2019 Suzuki Gixxer 155 Officially Launched: Beautiful or Ugly?Finally! Suzuki decided to give Gixxer’s the much-needed redesign. Apparently, Suzuki Gixxer SF 250 and…
- OnePlus 7 Open for Pre-Booking in Nepal: Affordable & Still Superb?Review of: Oneplus 7Price:Rs. 66,999Reviewed by: Jubindra K.CRating:4On July 16, 2019Last modified:July 16, 2019Summary:But you…
- Sony Camera Super Deals – These Discounts Are Really HUGE!!!While Sony’s smartphones haven’t been able to make much space for themselves on the smartphone…