It looks like Samsung doesn’t want people to forget it during this festive season. They have released two phones until now within just a few days. One is the Galaxy A7 which is up for pre-order and the next is the Samsung Galaxy J6 Plus. There are 2 variants of the J6 Plus available. The 3GB/32GB variant costs Rs. 26,990 while the 4GB/64GB variant costs Rs. 31,790. Are these phones worth your money? Let’s find out.
In terms of design, J6 has Xiaomi Mi A2, it’s closest rival beat. The glass sandwich design gives the J6 Plus a shiny look and a premium feel that the Mi A2 can’t deliver. The screen is a different story. The j6+ has a 6.0 inches 18:9 aspect ratio HD+ screen instead of the Full HD+ found on the Mi A2. But, Samsung’s displays offer good contrast and punchy colors even if the panels have a low resolution. So, we don’t know if it would be a deal breaker for most.
On the inside, J6+ is powered by Qualcomm Snapdragon 425 (28 nm) which is just so weak for its price. This is the same chipset that phones that cost 15K use. So, seeing it here just makes me sad. The Mi A2, on the other hand, has the latest, powerful Qualcomm Snapdragon 660 chipset inside. So, if you want to do some intensive multitasking or play even small games, don’t buy the J6+. However, for normal tasks like calling and YouTube, J6+ will work just fine.
Samsung Galaxy J6 Plus Key Specifications
- Display: 6.0 inches, IPS LCD capacitive touchscreen
- Resolution: 720 x 1480 pixels, 18.5:9 ratio (~274 ppi density)
- Chipset: Qualcomm MSM8917 Snapdragon 425 (28 nm)
- CPU: Quad-core 1.4 GHz Cortex-A53
- GPU: Adreno 308
- Memory: 64 GB, 4 GB RAM or 32 GB, 3 GB RAM (no memory card slot)
- OS: Android 8.1 Oreo
- Primary Camera: Dual 13 MP, f/1.9, 28mm (wide), AF; 5 MP, f/2.2, depth sensor
- Secondary Camera: 8 MP, f/1.9
- Battery: Non-removable Li-Ion 3300 mAh battery
- Sensors: Fingerprint (side-mounted), accelerometer, gyro, proximity, compass
Samsung Galaxy J6 Plus Price in Nepal: Rs. 31,790 (4GB) / Rs. 26,990 (3GB)
J6+ has two dual cameras on the back. One is a 13MP main shooter and another is a 5MP depth sensor for your portrait modes. At the front, a single 8MP shooter is your Selfie camera.
SEE ALSO: Samsung Mobiles Price in Nepal
Now, after all this, you might be thinking, “Where’s the fingerprint sensor?” It’s inside the screen. No, I’m kidding. It’s on the side, embedded in the power button. It unlocks the phone fast and keeps the back of the phone clean.
So, that’s about it. The J6+ is a good-looking device for the price. But it is a serious let-down in terms of performance. If it were me, I would look at the Xiaomi Mi A2, or even the Huawei Nova 3i and the Huawei Y9 2019 if I had to spend around 30-35K on a phone.
- OPPO Reno 2F with Quad Camera Setup & 8GB RAM Launched in NepalOppo Nepal has officially announced the much teased OPPO Reno2 F in Nepal. The phone…
- Xiaomi Mi A3 Review: Good UI, Even Better Camera & Best Battery!The Xiaomi Mi A3 is the third iteration of the A series from Xiaomi. Known…
- Maruti Suzuki S-Presso, Mini SUV, Price Revealed: Open For Bookings in NepalCG MotoCorp, the authorized distributors of Suzuki cars in Nepal, has announced pre-bookings for its…