Even though 2019 hasn’t started yet and there are solid 3 months left, Huawei has made the Huawei Y9 2019 official. And frankly, on the outside, it looks like every other Huawei phone launched in 2018 like the Nova 3i and the Nova 3. I have used both the Nova 3i and the Nova 3 and the previous statement is a complement to the Huawei Y9 2019.
Huawei Y9 2019 has a tall and huge 6.5″ 19.5:9 aspect ratio Full HD+ screen. Huawei’s LCD panels in the past have looked great, we have no doubt in believing the screen in the Y9 2019 would have similar quality. There’s a notch (a norm now) that houses two front-facing cameras which we will talk about later in this article. The back is made up of glass with gradient finish similar to the one found on the Huawei P20 Pro or the Huawei Nova 3. The renders make it look even sexier.
On the inside, Huawei Y9 2019 is powered by a Kirin 710 processor. Huawei’s custom processor for mid-range devices. This is the same processor found on the Huawei Nova 3i, so we have no problem with this device’s performance. It can handle your daily Facebook and YouTube just fine. Gaming will be decent too. The processor is paired with 4GB/6GB RAM, so your multitasking will be smooth. The internal storage will be 64GB/128GB which is large enough for most people.
Huawei Y9 2019 Key Specifications
- Display: 6.5 inches IPS LCD display with 1080×2340 resolution, 19.5:9 aspect ratio
- Chipset: HiSilicon Kirin 710
- CPU: Octa-core (4×2.2 GHz Cortex-A73 & 4×1.7 GHz Cortex-A53)
- GPU: Mali-G51 MP4
- Memory: 64 GB, 4 GB RAM/ 128GB, 6GB
- OS: Android Oreo 8.1 with EMUI 8.2
- Rear Camera: Dual: 16 MP PDAF and 2 MP
- Front Camera: Dual: 13 MP and 2 MP
- Battery: Non-removable Li-ion 4000 mAh battery
- Sensors: Fingerprint (rear-mounted), accelerometer, gyro, proximity, compass
Huawei Y9 2019 Price in Nepal: TBD
The cameras on the rear look like the same ones found on the Nova 3i. So, we guess they will click sharp and vibrant photos in good lighting conditions and with what Huawei did with the P20 Pro and even the Nova 3, we hope the night time shots from this phone will come out decent too. These cameras will come preloaded with the AI features that Huawei is known for.
Like the Nova 3 and the Nova 3i, the Y9 2019 also has a quad camera setup. Two at the front, two at the back. The second camera at the front is for the portrait effect. The Nova 3i had good front-facing cameras, we gave it a tie against the Oppo F9. So, the Y9 2019’s will give you a decent selfie experience.
To conclude, we hate to say this but Huawei Y9 2019 brings nothing new to the table. It feels like a repackaged Huawei Nova 3i with some specs altered shipping with a new name. That’s not a bad thing as Huawei Nova 3i is a good phone, but why not sell more Nova 3i? But, we might be wrong. Maybe the improved fingerprint sensor will make all the difference. We can only tell once the phone launches in Nepal.
- Samsung Galaxy A70 Review: Better option than the A50?Review of: Samsung Galaxy A70Price:Rs. 47,990Reviewed by: Anmol ShresthaRating:5On July 21, 2019Last modified:July 21, 2019Summary:On…
- OnePlus 7 Pro Review: The Best Android Experience One Can Get!Review of: OnePlus 7 ReviewReviewed by: Anmol ShresthaRating:5On July 19, 2019Last modified:July 19, 2019Summary:So, if…
- New Zhiyun Crane 3 LAB Arrives in Nepal: 2019’s Best Gimbal?Zhiyun is a company known for making gimbals and stabilizers for cameras and smartphones. Zhiyun…