Xiaomi has finally launched the much anticipated Redmi Y3 in Nepal. And, as you guys might know by now, it won’t be a Xiaomi phone unless it disrupts the market in some way. Redmi Note 7 had the 48MP camera for under 25K. Redmi Y3 is doing a similar thing with the under 20K market. It has packed a 32MP camera in its tiny teardrop notch and it starts at Rs. 18,499 in Nepal.
Xiaomi Redmi Y3 has a 6.26 inches HD+ IPS LCD display. Right now, phones like Samsung Galaxy M20, which has the same price as Y3, comes with FHD+ display. This lower resolution is a bummer. But no phone at this price is offering a 32MP camera.
As I already said, there’s a teardrop notch, and also a small chin at the bottom. The back looks similar to that of Redmi Note 7 but the colors are different: They are more flashy and eye-catching. They are called Elegant Blue, Bold Red and Prime Black.
Inside, Redmi Y3 is powered by Snapdragon 632 processor. This is not as powerful as a Snapdragon 660 but it is a decent mid-range processor that can handle normal apps like Facebook and Instagram well. You will see some frames drop while gaming. It won’t be as smooth as playing with a Snapdragon 660.
Xiaomi Redmi Y3 Key Specifications
- Display: 6.26 inches IPS LCD capacitive touchscreen
- Resolution: 720 x 1520 pixels, 19:9 ratio (~269 ppi density)
- Chipset: Qualcomm Snapdragon 632
- CPU: Octa-core (4×1.8 GHz Kryo 250 Gold & 4×1.8 GHz Kryo 250 Silver)
- GPU: Adreno 506
- OS: Android 9.0 (Pie); MIUI 9
- Memory: 64 GB internal storage & 4 RAM, or 32GB internal storage & 3GB RAM (storage expandable using micro SD card up to 512 GB)
- Primary Camera: Dual: 12 MP, f/2.2, 1.25µm, PDAF & 2 MP, depth sensor
- Secondary Camera: 32MP
- Battery: Non-removable Li-Po 4000 mAh battery
Xiaomi Redmi Y3 Price in Nepal: Rs. 18,499 (3GB + 32GB) / Rs. 21,499 (4GB + 64GB)
At the back, you have a dual camera setup of a primary 12MP lens and a 2MP depth sensor. Xiaomi is touting AI capabilities which means the camera probably will detect some scenes and adjust the colors in post-processing accordingly. The main highlight of this phone is on the front. Xiaomi Redmi Y3 has a 32MP camera. This is not even present in the Redmi Note 7. We will have to test the phone ourselves to see how these cameras perform in real life.
Inside, the phone packs a 4000mAh battery that will last you through 2 days if you use your phone lightly. However, charging this battery will be a chore because the phone only supports 10W charging speeds. This means you should not forget to charge this phone overnight otherwise you’ll be left sticking with the chord for the better part of your day.
I covered nearly all the things that you’d want to know about the phone. But I will give you some other miscellaneous info that may help you decide on the phone. Redmi Y3 is splashproof, it is covered in Gorilla Glass 5, and it has a dedicated micro SD card slot that supports cards up to 512GB.
Redmi Y3 is a good phone but the competition is fierce in this market right now with Samsung offering some excellent choices like Samsung Galaxy A20 and Samsung Galaxy M20. Even Xiaomi’s own Redmi Note 7 might encroach upon the demographic that Redmi Y3 targets to attract.
- Samsung Extends Warranties on All Products in Nepal Amid LockdownThe global COVID-19 pandemic has completely turned the tables on everything that was once considered…
- OYO Offers Free Stay for the Stranded Tourists in Kathmandu and Pokhara Amid LockdownThe government has extended the nationwide lockdown for the third time. Judging by the on-going…
- Digital Payments in Nepal Soar As More People Stay Home on Virus FearsThe global COVID-19 pandemic has completely turned the tables on everything that was once considered…