When OnePlus released its new phones this year, most of the world focused on the OnePlus 7 Pro. Everybody was in awe with the flagship-ness of that phone. But OnePlus released another phone – the original OnePlus 7 – which is more true to the OnePlus’s brand than the pro. And this phone is coming to Nepal soon, probably within the next 2 weeks.For starters, OnePlus 7 costs way less than the OnePlus 7 Pro. OnePlus 7 is being sold at IRs. 32,000 while the OnePlus 7 Pro is being sold at IRs. 52,000 in India. That is a 20K difference (32K in NRs). But most of the internals are nearly the same.
OnePlus 7 vs OnePlus 7 Pro: Differences?
The main difference between the OnePlus 7 and the OnePlus 7 Pro has to be the design. OnePlus 7 Pro looks like a flagship with its curved screen, a pop-up camera, and even smaller bezels around the screen. OnePlus 7, on the other hand, looks identical to the OnePlus 6T with its notch and flat screen.OnePlus 7 has basically the same screen as the OnePlus 6T. That was not a bad screen at all – it is an FHD+ AMOLED panel with good contrast and colors. However, the OnePlus 7 pro has a QHD+ AMOLED display that’s on its own league untouched even by the likes of Samsung Galaxy S10Plus and the iPhone XS. It is a 90Hz panel that has got every reviewer drooling over it.
On the inside, these phones are more similar. OnePlus 7 comes with the latest Snapdragon 855 processor. This can be combined with 6GB or 8GB RAM. You don’t have to worry a bit about performance because anyone you ask will tell you that OnePlus 7 and 7 pro are the fastest phone on Planet Earth (in the Android land).
OnePlus 7 Specifications
- Display: 6.41 inches Optic AMOLED capacitive touchscreen, 16M colors
- Screen Resolution: 1080 x 2340 pixels, 19.5:9 ratio (~402 ppi density)
- Protection: Corning Gorilla Glass
- Chipset: Qualcomm SDM855 Snapdragon 855 (7 nm)
- CPU: Octa-core (1×2.84 GHz Kryo 485 & 3×2.42 GHz Kryo 485 & 4×1.80 GHz Kryo 485)
- GPU: Adreno 640
- Memory: Internal 256 GB, 8 GB RAM or 128 GB, 6 GB RAM
- Rear Camera: Dual 48 MP, f/1.7, (wide), 1/2″, 0.8µm, PDAF, OIS + 5MP, f/2.4, 1.12µm, depth sensor
- Front Camera: 16 MP, f/2.0
- Video: [email protected]/60fps, [email protected]/60/240fps, [email protected], Auto HDR, gyro-EIS
- Battery: Non-removable Li-Po 3700 mAh battery, Fast battery charging 20W
OnePlus 7 Price in Nepal: TBD
The 6GB version ships with 128GB internal storage, the 8GB version comes with 256 GB. Unless you shoot a lot of 4K videos, you should be fine with any one of these storage options. Bear in mind that you cannot expand the storage with an external SD card here.At the back, OnePlus 7 sports dual camera setup (OnePlus 7 Pro has a triple lens setup). There’s a 48MP f/1.7 lens combined with a 5MP f/2.4 depth sensor. We would have loved to see the ultrawide lens included instead of the depth sensor but this is what we get. At the front, there’s a 16MP f/2.0 selfie camera under the notch.
A 3700mAh battery powers this phone that should last you a day of moderate usage. The famed OnePlus’s fast charging technology makes a comeback here too. But it is slower (20W) compared to OnePlus 7 Pro’s 30W Warp charge technology.
All in all, OnePlus 7 is a great phone. But it is just a spec upgrade over the OnePlus 6T. With OnePlus 7 Pro offering better specs in nearly every department, I don’t know if many people would be buying the OnePlus 7 at all. Here’s what I think most users should do: if you can afford it, buy the OnePlus 7 Pro. If you can’t, buy OnePlus 6T. It’s a bit cheaper now and will help you save some cash. Or maybe look at Sastodeal’s mind-boggling offer on Samsung Galaxy S10e.
- Tesla’s Cybertruck to be Enrolled into the Dubai Police Force ShortlyIt’s been like, a week since the “Bulletproof” Tesla Cybertruck has been introduced. In this…
- Honor 9X with Kirin 710F & Triple Camera Setup Officially Launched in Nepal TodayHonor launched a mid-range smartphone “Honor 9X“ in China back in July with the new…
- TATA Gravitas 7-Seater SUV: Things We Know So Far!Recently, Tata Motors announced its intentions to launch the all-new TATA Gravitas in India. Moreover,…