Mobile gaming is in its pinnacle right now; games like PUBG and Call Of Duty have taken over people’s phones. Moreover, mobile gaming tournaments are more frequent than ever even in Nepal. Thus, the availability of gaming phones could be alluring to these specific communities.
Nubia recently launched the Nubia Red Magic 3 in Nepal. It was the first gaming phone to make it into Nepal. And, now it seems Nubia will follow it up with the Nubia Red Magic 3s. Considering the current price of Red Magic 3, Nubia Red Magic 3s price in Nepal could be around Rs. 63,000.
Nubia Red Magic 3s Features
Hardware & Performance
Nubia Red Magic 3s sports the latest Snapdragon 855+ chipset which is specially made for gaming phones. It’s an overclocked version of the Snapdragon 855. The prime CPU core of 855 (Kryo 485 Gold) runs at 2.84GHz whereas it runs at 2.96GHz on 855+. Even though both chipsets employ the same GPU (Adreno 640), the one on the 855+ runs at 672MHz compared to 585MHz on the 855.
Nubia Red Magic 3s comes in two variants: 8GB RAM + 128GB internal storage and 12GB RAM + 256GB internal storage. 8GB RAM is plentiful for all kinds of gaming needs but if you want a bigger storage 12GB variant is a must because it doesn’t have a MicroSD slot.
There’s not much change in terms of Display, it still has a 6.65 inches AMOLED panel with a screen resolution of 1080×2340. Well, it’s a 90HZ panel so the experience should be really smooth but there aren’t many games that support the 90HZ refresh rate.
The phone is made up of metal specifically aluminum in the back and glass on the front. There’s an RGB light panel on the back which is customizable by the way. There are pressure-sensitive zones around the shoulders (edges) that respond like a gaming accessory. You can sort of adjust it like the shoulders buttons of PSP to perform various functions. Dual stereo speakers and 4D haptic vibrations are also present which provides an immersive gaming experience.
The coolest feature of this phone is definitely the cooling fan. Yes, this phone has a physical cooling fan underneath that keeps the device cool. And it can be customized to work in either normal or boost mode. This is a pretty sick feature to have a mobile device. I don’t know how loud the fan is though. That one we’ll have to test out. About the cooling, it takes in cool air from the rear and disposes the hot air from the side.
Finally, the Red Magic 3s has a 5000mAh battery life with Quick charge 4+ and 18W quick charge support. Performance should not be affected at all because of the top end processor, a cooling fan and this 5000mAh battery life.
Nubia Red Magic 3s Key Specifications
- Build: Front glass, aluminum body // Dual SIM (Nano-SIM, dual stand-by) // RGB light panel (on the back) // Pressure sensitive zones // Built-in cooling fan
- Display: 6.65 inches, AMOLED capacitive touchscreen, 1080 x 2340 pixels, 19.5:9 ratio (~388 ppi density) and 90Hz refresh rate.
- Chipset: Qualcomm SDM855 Snapdragon 855+ (7 nm)
- CPU: Octa-core (1×2.96 GHz Kryo 485 & 3×2.42 GHz Kryo 485 & 4×1.8 GHz Kryo 485)
- GPU: Adreno 640 (700 MHz)
- OS: Android 9.0 (Pie); Redmagic 2.0
- Memory: 8/128GB + 12/256GB
- Single Rear camera: 48 MP, f/1.7, 26mm (wide), 1/2.0″, 0.8µm, PDAF
- Front Camera: 16 MP, f/2.0, 2.0µm
- Battery: Non-removable Li-Po 5000 mAh battery // Fast battery charging 18W // Quick Charge 4+
Nubia Red Magic 3s Price in Nepal: Rs. 63,999 (Expected)
Nubia Red Magic 3s is a gaming device and it’s not for everyone. It’s for enthusiasts that want to own a gaming phone. For, others there are lots of phones that can offer similar gaming performance along with good cameras and software experience like the OnePlus 7 series and the Redmi K20 Pro.
However, Nubia Red Magic 3s is an impressive phone to have if you are really into gaming and do not care much about cameras and other things.
- Apple iPad Air 4 2020 with A14 Bionic Available for Pre-Order in NepalApple unveiled the new iPad Air 4 during its live event back in September. And,…
- Analogue Mall to Introduce Trade-In Program; Trade-In Old Gadgets for the New Ones or Cash!Analogue Mall is a multibrand e-commerce site with lots of gadgets on offer. It’s a…
- JBL Go 3 Launching in Nepal Soon – An Ultra Portable Speaker!JBL has plenty of portable speakers and their Go series is one of the best…