The gaming community is growing as more and more devices. New smartphones now contain the appropriate hardware to finally support intensive gaming. Furthermore, gaming centric smartphones are also gaining popularity among many individuals. One of such gaming smartphones is the Red Magic 3 from Nubia.
The Red Magic 3 was launched internationally on the June of 2019 at $599 for 8/128GB variant. After almost 4 months, it’s has made its way to Nepal. The phone has exclusively launched on Daraz today and is available for pre-booking. You can pre-book the phone here. As for the pricing, the Nubia Red Magic 3 price in Nepal for 8GB/128GB is set Rs. 59,999.
Okay, so now that we know the phone is launched in Nepal, Let’s have a look at the top 4 features of the device that I really enjoyed.
Alright, let’s start with the exterior design. The phone is made up of metal specifically aluminum in the back and glass on the front. There’s an RGB light panel on the back which is customizable by the way. There are pressure sensitive zones around the shoulders (edges) which responds like a gaming accessory. You can sort of adjust it like the shoulders buttons of PSP to perform various functions. Dual stereo speakers and 4D haptic vibrations are also present which provides an immersive gaming experience.
The coolest feature about this phone is definitely the cooling fan. Yes, this phone has a physical cooling fan underneath that keeps the device cool. And it can be customized to work in either normal or boost mode. This is a pretty sick feature to have a mobile device. I don’t know how loud the fan is though. That one we’ll have to test out. About the cooling, it takes in cool air from the rear and disposes the hot air from the side.
Moving on, the Red Magic 3 has a 6.65” with 90Hz refresh rate FHD+ Amoled screen. In contrast, it’s the similar 90Hz screen as that of One Plus 7 / 7 Pro but with a less pixel density of 388ppi. It’s a good display actually as we’ve seen from the OnePlus 7 Pro. The device is powered by the top end Snapdragon 855 processor which is known for its intensive performance and power. The processor is paired with 8/12GB RAM memory. However, there is no external storage.
Finally, the Red Magic 3 has a 5000mAh battery life with Quick charge 4+ and 18W quick charge support. Performance should not be affected at all because of the top end processor, a cooling fan and this 5000mAh battery life.
Nubia Red Magic 3 Key Specifications
- Build: Front glass, aluminum body // Dual SIM (Nano-SIM, dual stand-by) // RGB light panel (on the back) // Pressure sensitive zones // Built-in cooling fan
- Display: 6.65 inches, AMOLED capacitive touchscreen, 1080 x 2340 pixels, 19.5:9 ratio (~388 ppi density) and 90Hz refresh rate.
- Chipset: Qualcomm SDM855 Snapdragon 855 (7 nm)
- CPU: Octa-core (1×2.84 GHz Kryo 485 & 3×2.42 GHz Kryo 485 & 4×1.78 GHz Kryo 485)
- GPU: Adreno 640
- OS: Android 9.0 (Pie); Redmagic 2.0
- Memory: 8/128 GB
- Single Rear camera: 48 MP, f/1.7, 26mm (wide), 1/2.0″, 0.8µm, PDAF
- Front Camera: 16 MP, f/2.0, 2.0µm
- Battery: Non-removable Li-Po 5000 mAh battery // Fast battery charging 18W // Quick Charge 4+
Nubia Red Magic 3 Price in Nepal: Rs. 59,999
Nubia Red Magic 3 Price in Nepal & Initial Impressions
Well, my initial impressions of the device are really good. The phone houses some really impressive characteristics. A top-end processor, smooth display, a huge battery life, gaming-oriented functionalities, and a cooling fan. I’m mostly impressed by the way they were able to implement the cooling fan on a smartphone. Features like these truly depict the Red Magic 3 as the ultimate gaming phone.
Considering, it costs INR 35,999 in India which is roughly equivalent to NPR 56,664, the price tag of Rs. 59,999 seems okay.
However, I have some mixed feeling about this device. Basically, this phone is more gaming but less of a phone. For this pricing, in terms of performance, this may be the better device.
There are other devices that aren’t gaming centered but overall, a better device. The closest phone to the Nubia Red Magic 3 in terms of all overall specifications is the Redmi K20 Pro and OnePlus 7/7 Pro.
In my opinion, I believe the K20 Pro is way better among all – value for money. Why? Because the K20 Pro is an all-round complete device. It’s been build considering the entire framework for a device. Display, processor, storage, camera, and battery. Everything checks out for the K20 Pro but in a way the Nubia Red Magic 3 compensated camera with performance. The phone doesn’t have any interesting camera modes like other 2019 smartphones.
But hey, that’s just for me because I want a more complete device but if you’re mostly into gaming and performance, you should go for the Nubia Red Magic 3. Nubia made this phone keeping gaming in mind. It has capacitive triggers, cooling fan, and a 90Hz display – these 3 things make this phone one of the best gaming device that you can see in the Nepali market.
Well, that’s all about this device for now. We will get into more details when we will have the device for a hands-on review. For now, you could the international reviews for a more in-depth concept about the phone. Until then, keeping visiting TechLekh.
- Yamaha Fascino 125 FI First Ride: Refined BS6 Engine and New Practical FeaturesWe’ve come a long way since the early days of scooters in Nepal. Scooters are…
- Husqvarna Vitpilen 250 Launched in Nepal, Priced at Rs. 5.69 LakhsHusqvarna Vitpilen 250 and Husqvarna Svartpilen 250 is now available in Nepal! Hansraj Hulaschand &…
- Husqvarna Svartpilen 250 Launched in Nepal: Priced Well!Husqvarna Svartpilen 250 and Husqvarna Vitpilen 250 is now in Nepal! Hansraj Hulaschand & Co.…
- TATA Altroz Launched in Nepal: Most Anticipated Hatchback Now at Killer Price!Tata Altroz is now available in Nepal. Sipradi Trading Private Limited, the authorized distributor of…