Realme, a sub-brand of Oppo, that launched merely a year and a half ago, is seeking dominance in the entire Asian continent. With its Realme X2 Pro and Realme XT, it has managed to gain a lot of popularity in a really short period of time. Now, aiming to somehow dominate the Budget segment, Realme 5 was launched internationally. And well, it did manage to make many headlines.
This phone is now available in Nepal as well. And, the Realme 5 price in Nepal starts at Rs. 20,990 for the 3/64GB variant and Rs. 23,990 for the 4/128GB variant.
So, what sort of features does the new Realme 5 hide? Well, let’s check it out in this quick look at the device.
Realme 5 Features Overview
As far as looks are concerned, the Realme is not that different from other smartphones in the mid-range category. The rear has the same typical layout with the cameras aligned vertically in the left and a physical fingerprint scanner in the center. Though, the shattered effect on the plastic body which is rather appealing, It has a 6.5 inches IPS LCD display with HD+ resolution. They’re not the best in the category but still are fairly good for this price.
Under the hood, the phone houses a Snapdragon 665 SoC paired with 3/4GB RAM and 32/64/128GB internals. Though, it’s only available in the 64/128GB variants in Nepal as of now. The phone comes shipped with Color OS 6.1 on top of Android 9 right out of the box. The phone is supposed to receive an Android 10 based Color OS 7 update but that may not be until the 2nd quarter of 2020.
The quad-camera setup on the rear is centered around a 12MP sensor. Surrounding the primary camera is an 8MP ultrawide, 2MP dedicated macro camera and 2MP depth sensor. I’d wouldn’t expect a crazy level of detail from the 12MP sensor, but it should get out some decent photos. The notch hides a 13MP selfie camera if you were wondering.
Finally, the most appealing aspect of the device is the monstrous 5000 mAh battery on this device. It should easily last an entire day. But the problem is not the battery, it’s the charging time. You see, the phone doesn’t have support for fast charging and only comes with a standard 10W charger.
Realme 5 Key Specifications
- Display: IPS LCD capacitive touchscreen,5 inches, 720 x 1600 pixels, 20:9 ratio
- Processor: Snapdragon 665 SoC
- CPU: Octa-core (4×2.0 GHz Kryo 260 Gold & 4×1.8 GHz Kryo 260 Silver)
- GPU: Adreno 610
- Memory: 32GB 3GB RAM, 64GB 4GB RAM, 128GB 4GB RAM; microSD, up to 256 GB
- Rear Camera: 12 MP, f/1.8, (wide), 1/2.9″, 1.25µm, PDAF
8 MP, f/2.2, 13mm (ultrawide), 1/4″, 1.12µm
2 MP, f/2.4, 1/5″, 1.75µm (dedicated macro camera)
2 MP, f/2.4, 1/5″, 1.75µm depth sensor
- Front Camera:13 MP, f/2.0, 26mm (wide), 1/3″, 1.12µm
- OS: Android 9.0 (Pie); Color OS 6
- Battery: Non-removable 5000 mAh battery; no fast charging.
Realme 5 Price in Nepal: Rs. 20,990 (3/64GB)/ Rs. 23,990 (4/128GB)
Realme 5 Initial Impressions & Competition
On paper, the Realme 5 is one of the most promising phones for the budget segment. As far as processors, storage flexibility, quad-camera setup and the huge 5000mAh battery are concerned, there’s just no room for criticism at all. Yes, it is flawless in most cases but there are still some aspects that need improvement.
The UI on the phone, ColorOS is something that I’ve always hated. And is one of the main reasons why I stay away from Realme and OPPO devices. Second, the HD+ screen is a little outdated in my opinion. At least implementing an FHD+ screen would’ve been a lot better. And last, the absence of fast charge support is a huge blow. Charging the huge battery is going to be really a pain if you’re in a hurry.
As far as competitions go, the main contender for the Realme 5 is Redmi Note 8. Both phones are on equal footing but the UI and FHD+ screen are what sways me towards the Redmi Note 8.
So, that’s all on the Realme 5. The phone is out in the market right now so do check out on the device if you’re thinking of buying a new budget phone.
- Tesla’s Cybertruck to be Enrolled into the Dubai Police Force ShortlyIt’s been like, a week since the “Bulletproof” Tesla Cybertruck has been introduced. In this…
- Honor 9X with Kirin 710F & Triple Camera Setup Officially Launched in Nepal TodayHonor launched a mid-range smartphone “Honor 9X“ in China back in July with the new…
- TATA Gravitas 7-Seater SUV: Things We Know So Far!Recently, Tata Motors announced its intentions to launch the all-new TATA Gravitas in India. Moreover,…