The mid-range segment is a game of snakes and ladders. You never know who ends up dominating the market. Samsung, Xiaomi and Huawei were the major contenders during the first half of 2019. But a dark horse seems to be emerging at the end of 2019.
The underdog is aiming big to win the entire mid-range category with its upcoming Realme XT. With the ongoing hype of 64MP sensors, Realme has just found the perfect time to strike. With its very successful landing in India, Realme XT is now setting its course towards Nepal. As per the intel we’ve received, the phone is set to arrive in Nepal by the first week of December.
So, will Realme XT climb to the top of the ladder or plummet down to the ground? Let’s find out.
Realme XT: Quick Analysis
Well, starting with the design, the Realme XT features quite a design change. Instead of the regular polycarbonate finish, the front, as well as the rear is made up of Gorilla Glass 5 which gives it a premium look and feel. Additionally, the gradient like finish also improves the overall design aspect of the device.
Realme XT sports a 6.4” Super AMOLED FHD+ display which is quite soothing to look at. The notch up top does eat up a little space but I personally don’t mind it. The AMOLED display does also bring the in-display fingerprint sensor as a perk which is accurate and fast.
Underneath this display lies the Snapdragon 712 processor which powers the entire device. The processor can handle most of the heavy tasks on its own but it does get support with the 4/6GB RAM configurations paired with it. The phone offers plenty of flexibility with the 64/128GB in-built storage. Realme XT has color OS 6 on top of Android 9 Pie. Personally, not a big fan of the skin but it’s not that bad entirely.
Then, we have the quad-camera setup. The setup is centered around the 64MP Samsung ISOCELL Bright GW1 sensor with 8MP ultrawide, 2MP depth and 2MP macro on the sidelines. The 64MP sensor uses pixel binning and Quad Bayer technology to produce 16MP outputs with more details. However, you do have the option to choose the full 64MP photo but it’s not that much of a difference apparently.
And, everything is backed up by a 4000mAh battery on the Realme XT. It’s nothing extraordinary and gets the job done quite well. To fuel up the battery, we have a 20W VOOC Charge, which is quite fast.
Realme XT Key Specifications
- Display: 6.4 inches Super AMOLED
- Resolution: 1080 x 2340 pixels
- Chipset: Qualcomm Snapdragon 712 (10 nm)
- CPU: Octa-core (2×2.3 GHz Kryo 360 Gold & 6×1.7 GHz Kryo 360 Silver)
- GPU: Adreno 616
- OS: Android 9.0 (Pie), planned upgrade to Android 10.0; ColorOS 6
- RAM: 4GB/6GB/8GB
- Memory: 64GB/128GB internal storage; expandable up to 256GB using a micro SD card
- Primary Camera: 64 MP + 8 MP (ultrawide) + 2 MP (dedicated macro camera) + 2 MP depth sensor
- Secondary Camera: 16MP f/2.0
- Battery: Non-removable Li-Po 4000 mAh battery, 20W VOOC Flash Charge 3.0
Realme XT Price in Nepal (Expected): Rs. 30,000
Initial Impressions, Pricings, and Competitions
Well, the features speak for themselves. I can’t seem to find almost anything, in general, that’s not right about this device. The display is top-notch, the processor is great, comes with great camera setup and has a decent battery life. I really hated the color OS but it has improved with time and now I can live with it.
Ok, so with everything that it’s offering, what price is it starting at? As of now, the prices haven’t been revealed yet. But considering the price that it’s been launched in India, it’s safe to assume that realme XT price in Nepal will be around Rs 30,000.
Right now, the phone capturing everyone’s attention at this price is the Redmi Note 8 Pro. Though it’s not launched yet, it still has the best specs on the market currently. The G90T processor and 4500mAh battery make the Redmi Note 8 Pro, the obvious choice for me. But it’s still a close call between the two phones.
So, what do you think, is Realme XT the phone you’d want for yourself? Do let us know in the comments down below.
- Oppo Mobiles Price in Nepal: Specs, Features, Images!Oppo is one of the Chinese smartphone giants and it was the 5th largest smartphone…
- Redmi Note 9 Pro with Snapdragon 720G Launched in Nepal: A True Successor?After the recent launch of Xiaomi Mi 10 and Xiaomi Mi Note 10 Lite, Xiaomi…
- Samsung Announces ISOCELL GN1 50MP Sensor with Bigger PixelsSamsung has been offering its own high megapixels camera sensor in recent times. First, they…