Proton Saga is now available in Nepal.
Jagadamba Motors Pvt. Ltd., the authorized distributor of Proton cars in Nepal, has launched its much-awaited sedan. Proton Saga will mark the brand’s second coming into the Nepali territory.
Saga is certified with a 4 stars ASEAN NCAP rating in both variants thanks to more than 11 safety features for uncompromised safety. To ensure our quality and reliability, Proton Saga comes with 5 Year or 150000Km Warranty.”
– Bibek Bdr. Balami, Assistant General Manager of Sales & Marketing in Jagdama Motors.
Proton is a Malaysian car manufacturer, serving across 70 different countries. It is a popular brand with many prestigious awards up its belt, including Proton Saga for Best Compact Sedan in 2019.
So, let’s take a quick look at the new Proton Saga.
Proton Saga Specifications
- Engine: 1.3L 4-Cylinder DOHC VVT Petrol
- BS6 Complaint: n/a
- Displacement: 1299cc
- Dimension: 4331 x 1689 x 1491 mm
- Wheelbase: 2465 mm
- Max Power: 91 PS @ 5750 rpm
- Max Torque: 117Nm @ 9000 rpm
- Transmission: 5-Speed MT / 4-Speed AT
- Drive Type: FWD
- Top Speed: 175Kmph
- Fuel Tank Capacity: 40 liters
- Mileage: 18.51 kmpl
- Front Tyre: 185/60R14 – Disc (15-inch Optional)
- Rear Tyre: 185/60R14 – Drum (15-inch Optional)
- Tubeless Tyres: Yes
- Safety System: ABS, EBD, TCS, ESC, HDA
- Suspension Setup: MacPherson Strut and Twist Beam
- Seating: 5-Seater
- Storage Capacity: 420 liters
- Extended Storage Capacity: 1630 liters
- Ground Clearance: 161 mm
- Kerb Weight: 1055 – 1080 kg
- Colors: White. Brown, Grey, Silver, Red, Maroon
Proton Saga Price in Nepal: Rs. 37,99,000 (Standard MT) / Rs. 42,99,000 (Premium AT)
Proton Saga Overview
Starting off with the design, the new Proton Saga features a familiar sedan style.
It is a sort of supreme style with an eye-catching exterior and an eye-pleasing interior. It strikes a perfect balance between modern looks and practical features.
On the front, it gets a new front bumper with an infinite weave grille. Similarly, the rear section gets an elevated bumper with a rear garnish.
The modern aesthetics continues with the redesign of a 15-inch alloy wheel.
Moreover, the interior also gets a modern look with easy to reach controls and buttons.
Proton Saga is powered by a 1.3L VVT Engine, which generates a max power of 91PS at 5750rpm and max torque of 117Nm at 9000rpm. Depending on the variant, it is available in either a 5-speed manual or 4-speed automatic transmission.
Talking about the safety features, it comes with a 4-Star ASEAN NCAP Safety Ratings.
Other than that, the rest of the performance features are on par with other sedans in this segment.
Proton Saga is feature-loaded for a sedan. Being the first Proton to mark its debut in Nepal, it isn’t all that surprising. Here is a quick list of features in the new Proton Saga.
Proton Saga Feature Highlights
- Modern Aesthetics Based on New Design
- 7-inch Floating Touch Infotainment System with Bluetooth Connectivity
- Analog Digital Information Console with Eco-Drive Assist
- Electric Door Mirrors with LED Turn Signals
- Power Mirrors
- Remote Trunk Release
- ABS with EBD
- ESC with Traction Control System
- Dual Airbags
- Rear Sensor with Rear Camera
- Hill Hold Assist with Brake Assist
Proton Saga Price in Nepal and Availability
Proton Saga price in Nepal 2021 starts at Rs. 37.99 Lakhs (Standard MT) and Rs. 42.99 Lakhs (Premium AT). For the price, Proton Saga offers to be one of the safest cars available in the Nepali market.
|Proton Saga||Variant||Price in Nepal|
|Proton Saga||Standard MT||Rs. 3799000|
|Proton Saga||Automatic AT||Rs. 4299000|
By the looks of things, Proton Nepal has tried to offer as much as it can for the price. Unfortunately, it is still a sedan.
I am quite unsure if Proton has done its right by introducing a new sedan in a market dominated by SUVs.
If the pricing was a little aggressive, it could have been a great proposition. Nonetheless, it will be interesting to see how the market will react to this.
Regardless, Proton Saga is now available in Kathmandu with plans to introduce it across districts in Nepal.
If you want to take a look at the new Proton for yourself, be sure to check them out at the Proton Nepal showroom in Naxal.
Frequently Asked Questions
Who is the authorized distributor of Proton vehicles in Nepal?
Jagadamba Motors Pvt. Ltd. is the authorized distributor of Proton vehicles in Nepal.
What is the price of Proton Saga in Nepal?
The price of Proton Saga in Nepal is Rs. 37.99 Lakhs (Standard MT) and Rs. 42.99 Lakhs (Premium AT).
Does Proton sell SUVs?
Yes. Proton will launch a new Proton X70 SUV in Nepal soon.
- Samsung Galaxy Z Flip 3 Review: The Best Affordable Flip PhonePros IPX8 Water Resistance Improved Displays Durable Build Flawless Performance Top-Notch Selfies Compactness Cons Battery…
- NTA Studying the Possibility of Refurbishing and Assembling Phone Sets in NepalNepal Telecommunication Authority (NTA) is studying the possiblity to assemble and refurbish mobile phone sets.…
- Coolpad Cool 12A Review: An Stylish Entry-Level OptionPros Great design Good display Great Battery Life Decent performance Cons Below Average Camera Bugs…
- Analogue Inc. Becomes Official Huawei Cloud Consulting & Reselling Partner in NepalAnalogue Inc. has become an official consulting and reselling partner of Huawei Cloud service in…
- ISPs to Hike Internet Price by up to Rs. 300 in Nepal Reasoning Increase in Pole RentInternet Service Providers are planning to increase the price of the internet due to the…
- WiSTEAM Steps to Sixth Year, Aims to Educate 2000 Girls about STEM Activities by Next YearWomen In STEAM (WiSTEAM), a social enterprise supporting girls and women education in the Science,…