- Honda City e-HEV is launching soon in Nepal.
- This is the 5th Generation Honda City with a Hybrid Engine!
- The City e-HEV top-variant will offer more performance and better fuel economy.
Honda City e-HEV is coming soon for the Nepali market.
Syakar Trading Company, the authorized distributor of Honda cars in Nepal, has teased the imminent launch of its first hybrid sedan.
e-HEV allows for a seamless transition between Driving Modes for Outstanding Fuel Efficiency and Exhilarating Performance.
It is done by going through different driving modes: EV Drive, Hybrid Drive, and Engine Drive.
This is why Honda City claims impressive feats like 0-100 km/h in 10 seconds alongside 27.13kmpl impressive mileage!
What is the Price of Honda City e-HEV in Nepal?
Honda City e-HEV price in Nepal is still under discussion. Moreover, it will only be available in the top ZX variant.
Honda Nepal will continue to offer the 5th Generation Honda City.
That version with Petrol and Diesel Engines is available across 9 different variants! As for the costs, the Honda City price in Nepal starts at Rs. 58.60 Lakhs to Rs. 76.20 Lakhs.
Factoring those considerations, the introductory price for City e-HEV will likely be more than Rs. 80 Lakhs.
With that said, let’s take a quick look at the Honda City e-HEV in Nepal with its specs and features for 2023.
Honda City Specifications
- 1.5L ATKINSON Cyclem i-VTEC with AC PMSM Motor in e-HEV
- 1.5L Inline i-VTEC DOHC in Petrol
- 1.5L Inline i-DTEC DOHC in Diesel
- Emission Standard: BS6
- Displacement: 1498 cc
- Dimension: 4549 x 1748 x 1489 mm
- Wheelbase: 2600 mm
- Max Power:
- 126 PS in e-HEV
- 121 PS @ 6600 rpm in Petrol
- 100 PS @ 3600 rpm in Diesel
- Max Torque:
- 127 Nm (Engine) + 253 Nm (Electric Motor) in e-HEV
- 145 Nm @ 4300 rpm in Petrol
- 200 Nm @ 1750 rpm in Diesel
- e-CVT with Linked Clutch in e-HEV
- 6-Speed MT / CVT in Petrol / Diesel
- Drive Type: 2WD
- Top Speed: 180 – 190 Kmph
- Fuel Tank Capacity: 40 liters
- 27.13 Kmpl in e-HEV
- 17 – 20 Kmpl in Petrol / Diesel
- Front Tyre: Disc
- Rear Tyre: Disc in e-HEV – Drum in Petrol / Diesel
- Tubeless Tyres: Yes
- Safety System: ABS, EBD, AHA, VSC
- Suspension Setup: MacPherson Strut and Torsion Beam with Coil Spring
- Seating: 5-Seater
- Storage Capacity:
- 410 liters in e-HEV
- 506 liters in Petrol / Diesel
- Ground Clearance: 165 mm
- Kerb Weight: 1107 – 1280 Kg
- Colors: Blue, Red, White, Brown, Grey, Silver
Honda City Price in Nepal: Rs. 58,60,000 – Rs. 76,20,000
Honda City is a smartly styled sedan in its segment.
The front features the familiar Honda Solid Wing Face grill with a Full LED Headlamp setup. However, Honda has decided to include a few changes for the City e-HEV.
City e-HEV gets the signature blue accents on the H-mark logo. Moreover, it also sports a Diamond Chequered Front Grille with Carbon-Wrapped Lower Front and Rear Bumper.
These new changes further elevate the stature and prominence.
The side portions are stylish, complete with sleek lines and 16-inch Dual-Tone Diamond Cut Alloy Wheels.
Other features like a 3D Wrap Around LED Tail Lamp with Uniform Edge Light, LED Side Indicators, and Trunk Lip Spoiler continue to remain the same.
The overall design of the sedan still resembles the ‘Supremacy of Design’ theme of the ongoing models.
Inside, the City e-HEV gets Two-Tone Interiors.
It gets Leather Upholstery treatment with Piano Black Finish on the AC Vents and Ambient Lighting.
Additionally, Honda City comes in six different colors: Blue, Red, White, Brown, Grey, and Silver.
Honda City e-HEV uses the same 1.5L ATKINSON Cycle Petrol Engine with a Hybrid Dual-Motor. It generates a combined max power of 126PS and a max torque of 127 Nm for the engine and 253 Nm for PMSM Motor.
Moreover, it is available only in e-CVT Transmission with Engine-Linked Clutch and Electronic Parking Brake.
It is supported by a 172.8V Advanced High-Voltage Lithium-Ion Battery which charges automatically while driving.
In comparison, the standard Honda City Petrol gets a 1.5L Petrol and 1.5L Diesel engine.
The petrol engine generates a max power of 121 PS at 6600 rpm and a max torque of 145 Nm at 4300 rpm. Moreover, the diesel engine generates a max power of 100 PS at 3600 rpm and max torque of 200 Nm at 1750 rpm.
Moreover, it is mated to a 6-Speed MT or CVT transmission with a 40-liters fuel tank capacity.
e-HEV Driving Modes
With the help of the motor, the Honda City e-HEV toggles between EV Drive, Hybrid Drive, and Engine Drive modes.
EV Drive utilizes a motor with a battery for a silent and zero-emission drive. This mode is used during normal city traffic conditions.
Hybrid Drive utilizes the engine as an electric generator and the motor drives the wheels for instant pickup and acceleration. This mode is used when the driver needs a bit more performance and charges the battery simultaneously.
Engine Drive solely utilizes the engine to drive the wheels. This mode is used when the sedan goes into triple-digit speed during high-speed highway cruising.
Drivers cannot manually select or toggle between each Driving Mode. Honda City e-HEV does it automatically depending on the driving conditions.
The dimensions are 4583 mm in length, 1748 mm in width, and 1489 mm in height. Moreover, the wheelbase sits at 2600 mm.
McPherson Strut and Torsion Beam handle suspension duties.
Honda City comes with a 165mm ground clearance. And, the kerb weight sits at 1107-1280 kg.
It gets 185/55 R16 tyres with All-Disc Braking.
Interestingly enough, the boot space is less than before at 410 liters due to the battery storage.
Here is a quick list of features in the Honda City in Nepal.
Honda City Feature Highlights
- Solid Wing Face Design
- Z-Shaped 3D Wrap Around LED Tail Lamps
- Sophisticated Dashboard with Premium Leather Upholstery
- Full LED Headlamps
- Full-Color TFT Meter Display
- 8-inch Touch Screen Infotainment System
- 8 Speaker Premium Surround System
- Auto Power Windows with Keyless Operation
- Walk Away Auto Lock
- Automatic Climate Control
- R16 Diamond Cut Alloy Wheels
- Lane Watch Camera
- 6 Airbags System
- ABS with EBD
- Vehicle Stability Assist (VSA), Agile Handling Assist (AHA), and Hill Assist
- Rear Sensors with Rear Camera
- 1.5L Petrol Engine with Dual Motor and Battery (in City e-HEV)
- 27.13kmpl Mileage (in City e-HEV)
- All-Wheels Disc Braking (in City e-HEV)
- Electronic Parking Brake (in City e-HEV)
- Honda Sensing ADAS Safety Features (in City e-HEV)
Honda City e-HEV Price in Nepal and Availability
There are no official details about the Honda City e-HEV price in Nepal. Moreover, it will be priced above Rs. 80 Lakhs range considering new features and an advanced engine.
Nevertheless, we will know for sure in the next few weeks.
It will be available in its top ZX variant and will be offered alongside the Honda City Petrol/Diesel.
As for the non-hybrid model, Honda City price in Nepal starts at Rs. 58.60 Lakhs to Rs. 76.20 Lakhs. Moreover, it is available across nine different variants.
The following table lists the Honda City price in Nepal for September 2023.
|Honda City Variants||Price in Nepal|
|Hybrid e-HEV ZX||TBA|
|V MT – Petrol||Rs. 5860000|
|V MT – Diesel||Rs. 6275000|
|V CVT – Petrol||Rs. 6520000|
|VX MT – Petrol||Rs. 6550000|
|VX MT – Diesel||Rs. 6915000|
|VX CVT – Petrol||Rs. 7160000|
|ZX MT – Petrol||Rs. 7010000|
|ZX MT – Diesel||Rs. 7380000|
|ZX CVT – Petrol||Rs. 7620000|
It is currently available for bookings.
Interested individuals can reach out to the nearest Honda Car showroom for additional information.
The Nepali market is all about SUVs and hatchbacks.
That is why the sedan segment shares niche popularity among a few enthusiasts.
The new Honda City eHEV will sit at the top, especially considering the new improvements and features it brings to the sedan segment.
Hence, it will be interesting to see how the market will react to it.