Borgward BX5 arrival in Nepal is confirmed.
DSM Group Company, the authorized distributors of Borgward cars in Nepal, is prepping up for the launch of their new SUV.
Borgward X5 is a compact luxury SUV that premiered at the 2016 Geneva Motor Show.
Rumored for launch in early 2020 launch, the new Borgward X5 is expected to bring a breath of fresh air to the compact SUV segment. Like its German engineering, X5 comes packing with versatility, spaciousness, comfort, and off-road capabilities.
Before we talk about the pricing and launch details, let’s take a quick look at the upcoming Borgward BX5 in Nepal.
Borgward BX5 Specifications
- Engine: 1.4TGDI / 2.0TGDI
- BS6 Complaint: Yes
- Displacement: 1498cc / 1996cc
- Dimension: 4490 x 1877 x 1675 mm
- Wheelbase: 2685 mm
- Max Power:147.51 HP @ 5500 rpm (221.26 HP @ 5500rpm in 2.0T)
- Max Torque: 250 Nm @ 1750-4000 rpm (300Nm @ 1500-4500 rpm in 2.0T)
- Transmission: 6-Speed Automatic
- Drive Type: 2WD (4WD in 2.0T)
- Top Speed: 180 – 190 Kmph
- Fuel Tank Capacity: 60 liters
- Mileage: 16.66Kmpl
- Front Tyre: 235/60 R17 – Disc (R18 in 2.0T)
- Rear Tyre: 235/60 R17 – Disc (R18 in 2.0T)
- Tubeless Tyres: Yes
- Safety System: ABS, EBD, EDS, ESC
- Suspension Setup: MacPherson Strut and Multi-link Independent
- Seating: 5-Seater
- Storage Capacity: n/a
- Ground Clearance: 186 mm
- Kerb Weight: 1525 – 1560 Kg
- Colors: White, Brown, Blue, Grey, Silver, Black
Borgward BX5 Price in Nepal: Rs. 86,10,600 (1.4L) / Rs. 1,09,50,000 (2.0L) (Expected)
Borgward BX5 Overview
Borgward BX5 redefines the partnership between elegance and sporty aesthetics. Both mix together to create a dynamic character, adding to its superior and confident appearance.
Borgward’s diamond-shaped logo matches beautifully with the Octagonal shaped grille, complete with a projector headlamp and multi-LED DRLs.
Like I’ve stated earlier, the overall design beautifully combines elegance and strong character together.
Moving to the interiors, it strikes a perfect balance between the high design quality and uniqueness. It gets spacious interiors with a driver-centered cabin and fleshed out premium interiors.
Borgward X5 arrives in four different colors: Black, White, Gold, and Red.
Borgward BX5 is expected to launch in two engine configurations: 1.4L and 2.0L.
Talking about the 1.4L Petrol Engine, it can generate a max power of 147.51 HP at 5500rpm and a max torque of 250Nm at 1750-4000rpm. It is available in 2WD drive configuration.
Similarly, the 2.0L Petrol Engine can generate a max power of 221.26 HP at 5500rpm and a max torque of 300Nm at 1500-4500rpm. It is available in the 4WD drive configuration.
Additionally, both engines are mated to a 6-speed automatic transmission.
As of this writing, we cannot confirm the number of features in the new Borgward X5. Being a luxury SUV, it is expected to pack in a lot.
Nonetheless, here is a quick list of new features in the Borgward X5.
Borgward BX5 Feature Highlights
- Dynamic Compact SUV Design
- Fleshed Out Premium Interiors
- Projector Headlamp with LED DRLs
- Smart Touch Infotainment System
- Borgward Connect Intelligent Connectivity System
- Implements “B-Safe” Concept
- Active and Passive Safety
Borgward BX5 Price in Nepal and Availability
Even though we know so little about the new Borgward BX5, it is already building its self as one of the anticipated SUVs in Nepal.
BX5 will make its entry in two variants: 1.4L and 2.0L. As for the pricing, the Borgward BX5 price in Nepal is expected at Rs. 86.10 Lakhs (1.4L) and Rs. 1.09 Crore (2.0L).
Please note that this pricing might change at the time of the launch.
Borgward showroom is located at Balaju, opposite Bhatbhateni. However, it is currently under construction.
Nonetheless, it is expected to be completed just in time for the Borgward’s official launch in Nepal by Early 2021.
What are your thoughts on Borgward BX5? Let us know in the comments below!
- Programiz: An e-Learning Platform from Nepal has now Reached 15 Million pageviews/month in the Global MarketOnly a handful Nepali digital platforms have reached the global audience. One of them is…
- Honda CB350 RS Launched in Nepal: Honda H’ness with Scrambler Twist!Honda CB350 RS is now finally available in Nepal. Syakar Trading Company Pvt. Ltd., the…
- All-new Hyundai i20 Launched in Nepal: Variant, Price Details & MoreHyundai i20 has finally launched in Nepal. Laxmi Intercontinental Pvt. Ltd., the authorized distributor of…
- Micromax IN 2b with Unisoc T610 and Dual Cameras to Launch Soon in NepalAfter its launch in India, Micromax IN 2b is also set to launch soon in…