Prabhu Group is soon going to operate Prabhu TV, the first digital video broadcasting terrestrial second generation (DVB T2) technology in Nepal.
The company has already been licensed by the government of Nepal to start their broadcast.
Why it Matters:
- According to the information on the company’s official website, the wireless broadcast network will be covering all of Nepal and will be available at all time throughout the year.
- The wireless broadcast will be done from Prabhu TV broadcast stations and the users will only have to purchase the set-top boxes and an antenna to get the local broadcast channels.
- In order to get a set of international TV channels and other programs users need to pay an annual fee.
- The transmission of HD and SD channels and other multimedia content will be done wirelessly.
- During the first phase, the Prabhu TV will be launched in Kathmandu, Pokhara, and Chitwan.
- The service will be slowly expanded and the company has plans to cover the whole of Nepal.
One More Thing:
- Prabhu TV will also be broadcasted to smartphones through the Prabhu Over The Top (OTT) application. Streaming TV programs from the application will require Internet connection via Wi-Fi or data.
- Government Awaits to Enforce Digital TV as Service Providers File a Case
- KMC Starts Free Wi-Fi zones and CCTV Surveillance in a Few Places
- Hamro TV Launches 4K Ultra HD Channels in Nepal
- Programiz: An e-Learning Platform from Nepal has now Reached 15 Million pageviews/month in the Global MarketOnly a handful Nepali digital platforms have reached the global audience. One of them is…
- SiTech Dev1 – First SiTech Electric SUV to Arrive in Nepal SoonSiTech Dev1 is coming soon in Nepal. EV Nepal Motors, the authorized distributor of SiTech…
- News Yamaha Fascino 125 Hybrid Launched with More FeaturesYamaha Fascino 125 Hybrid has been launched in India. Yamaha Motors India has revealed the…
- Honda Grazia 125 BS6 Launched in Nepal: New Changes, New Price!Honda Grazia BS6 is now available in Nepal. Syakar Trading Company, the authorized distributor of…