Pokhara Metropolitan has recently banned Facebook during office hours, reports Online Khabar. The ban has come into effect from Sunday, 1st April.
Why it matters:
- The ban was placed after the metropolitan received complaints regarding service delivery as employees were busy browsing Facebook during work hours.
- A similar ban had been placed in Karnali province last week, which has been effective since 27thMarch.
What they are saying:
- According to Information Officer Ashok Dware, employees would not be able to surf through Facebook during office hours starting from 10:15 am to 4:00 pm.
- Moreover, immediate actions would be taken against those staffers found to be surfing Facebook through mobile data packs, the Mayor said.
- Karnali Province to Ban Facebook During Working Hours
- Child Marriage in Rise in Baitadi Due To Facebook and Mobile Phones
- Nepal Government Made 29 Data Requests to Facebook in First Half of 2017
- Programiz: An e-Learning Platform from Nepal has now Reached 15 Million pageviews/month in the Global MarketOnly a handful Nepali digital platforms have reached the global audience. One of them is…
- Ford Figo Automatic Launched: Two New Variants Enter Nepal!Ford Figo Automatic is now available in Nepal. Go Automobiles Pvt. Ltd., the authorized distributor…
- Poco X3 Pro Review: Awesome Gaming Performance on BudgetPros 120Hz IPS Display Awesome Performance Good Battery 33W Fast Charging Cons Thick for a…
- NIU UQim Electric Moped Launched in NepalNIU UQim is the latest NIU scooter launched for the Nepali market. Eco Infinity Pvt.…