Pokhara Metropolitan has recently banned Facebook during office hours, reports Online Khabar. The ban has come into effect from Sunday, 1st April.
Why it matters:
- The ban was placed after the metropolitan received complaints regarding service delivery as employees were busy browsing Facebook during work hours.
- A similar ban had been placed in Karnali province last week, which has been effective since 27thMarch.
What they are saying:
- According to Information Officer Ashok Dware, employees would not be able to surf through Facebook during office hours starting from 10:15 am to 4:00 pm.
- Moreover, immediate actions would be taken against those staffers found to be surfing Facebook through mobile data packs, the Mayor said.
- Karnali Province to Ban Facebook During Working Hours
- Child Marriage in Rise in Baitadi Due To Facebook and Mobile Phones
- Nepal Government Made 29 Data Requests to Facebook in First Half of 2017