The government of Karnali has decided to ban Facebook in government offices from 27th March, Tuesday, owing to the reason that the government staffs spend most of their time using Facebook during office hours, reports Setopati.
Why it matters:
- As of today, all the officers working in any ministry of Karnali province will not be allowed to browse Facebook during work hours. The ban was initiated by the Chief Minister of Karnali province Mahendra Bahadur Shahi.
- He has already held discussions with the Internet Service Providers (ISPs) of the province; Nepal Telecom, WorldLink, Subisu, Techminds network, and Surkhet cable net are the various ISPs operating there.
- According to Nawraj Pangali, chief of WorldLink, Surkhet, Facebook will be banned from 10 am to 5 pm in provincial ministries from Tuesday onward as per the request of the provincial government.
What they are saying:
- “As of now, we have banned Facebook at ministries during working hours,” said Chief Minister (CM) Mahendra Bahadur Shahi, adding, “We will soon implement this decision in the whole province.”
- Shahi further added, “Facebook will be banned only in the ministries for now as regional and district offices have not come under the provincial government yet.”
- “The chief minister talked to us regarding banning Facebook,” said Nawraj Pangali, chief of WorldLink, Surkhet, adding, “We have assured to help him implement his decision.”
- Apple iPad Air 4 2020 with A14 Bionic Available for Pre-Order in NepalApple unveiled the new iPad Air 4 during its live event back in September. And,…
- Analogue Mall to Introduce Trade-In Program; Trade-In Old Gadgets for the New Ones or Cash!Analogue Mall is a multibrand e-commerce site with lots of gadgets on offer. It’s a…
- JBL Go 3 Launching in Nepal Soon – An Ultra Portable Speaker!JBL has plenty of portable speakers and their Go series is one of the best…