The government of Karnali has decided to ban Facebook in government offices from 27th March, Tuesday, owing to the reason that the government staffs spend most of their time using Facebook during office hours, reports Setopati.
Why it matters:
- As of today, all the officers working in any ministry of Karnali province will not be allowed to browse Facebook during work hours. The ban was initiated by the Chief Minister of Karnali province Mahendra Bahadur Shahi.
- He has already held discussions with the Internet Service Providers (ISPs) of the province; Nepal Telecom, WorldLink, Subisu, Techminds network, and Surkhet cable net are the various ISPs operating there.
- According to Nawraj Pangali, chief of WorldLink, Surkhet, Facebook will be banned from 10 am to 5 pm in provincial ministries from Tuesday onward as per the request of the provincial government.
What they are saying:
- “As of now, we have banned Facebook at ministries during working hours,” said Chief Minister (CM) Mahendra Bahadur Shahi, adding, “We will soon implement this decision in the whole province.”
- Shahi further added, “Facebook will be banned only in the ministries for now as regional and district offices have not come under the provincial government yet.”
- “The chief minister talked to us regarding banning Facebook,” said Nawraj Pangali, chief of WorldLink, Surkhet, adding, “We have assured to help him implement his decision.”
Yamaha Ray Z Price in Nepal (March 2023 Updated)Highlights Yamaha Ray Z price in Nepal is Rs. 2.19 Lakhs. Yamaha Ray Z is…
Xiaomi 13 Pro Pre-booking Starts in Nepal with Exclusive OffersHIGHLIGHTS Pre-booking for Xiaomi 13 Pro begins today. Xiaomi 13 Pro is the company’s top-of-the-line…
iPhone 14 Pro Max Gets a Price Drop in Nepal: Is It Time to Upgrade?HIGHLIGHTS iPhone 14 Pro Max’s base models price dropped twice in two months. The Pro…