It was just two days ago when Oppo declared that they were bringing the R-series of Phones to Nepal. Now, Oppo is already teasing the launch of the new Oppo R17 Pro. We praised the Oppo F9 for its performance and value and ripped the A7 apart for lacking the qualities of the Oppo F9. Can R17 Pro live up to the lofty challenge that it’s predecessor assigned to it?
Oppo R17 Pro is the latest smartphone in the new-to-Nepal Oppo R series. The design of the phone is identical to the OnePlus 6T but the vice versa is the more accurate description of reality as OnePlus uses Oppo’s designs for its phones. The tear-drop notch makes a come back and the back is made up of glass but wireless charging is missing. However, you can get the R17 Pro in bolder colors or combination of colors than the OnePlus 6T.
Oppo R17 pro has a 6.4-inch FHD+ AMOLED screen that gives you deep blacks and punchy colors. You won’t be disappointed with the screen on this phone. The teardrop notch adds to the pleasing and unique aesthetic of the phone. Within the notch is confined a 25MP f/2.0 selfie shooter. Gauging from the Oppo smartphones of the past, this will be a favorite among selfie lovers.
SEE ALSO: OPPO Mobiles Price in Nepal
The 8GB RAM and 128GB storage will set any spec-lover’s heart racing. We don’t know how they will react to the Snapdragon 710 that is powering this device. Snapdragon 710 will absolutely kill at normal tasks and the 8GB RAM will be a beast when it comes to multitasking. But, the gaming performance won’t be as intense as that of the Snapdragon 800 series.
Oppo R17 Pro Key Specifications
- Display: 6.4-inch AMOLED capacitive touchscreen, Corning Gorilla Glass 6
- Resolution: 1080 x 2340 pixels, 19.5:9 ratio (~402 ppi density)
- Chipset: Qualcomm SDM710 Snapdragon 710 (10 nm)
- CPU: Octa-core (2×2.2 GHz Kryo 360 Gold & 6×1.7 GHz Kryo 360 Silver)
- GPU: Adreno 616
- OS: Android 8.1 (Oreo) skinned with ColorOS 5.2
- Memory: 6/8 GB RAM, 128 GB internal storage(expandable up to 256GB using micro SD card)
- Primary Camera: 12 MP, f/1.5-2.4, 26mm (wide), 1/2.55″, 1.4µm, Dual Pixel PDAF, OIS; 20 MP, f/2.6, AF; TOF 3D stereo camera
- Secondary Camera: 25 MP, f/2.0, 20mm (ultrawide), 1/2.8″, 0.9µm
- Battery: Non-removable Li-Po 3700 mAh battery
OPPO R17 Pro Price in Nepal: TBD
At the back, there are 3 vertically stacked camera sensors. The middle one is the main 12MP f/1.5, 2.4 variable aperture shooter. The topmost one is a 20MP depth sensor camera. And the rather odd-looking bottom unit is a 3D TOF (Time of Flight) Stereo sensor. This mainly aids in improved AR-emoji features. But no one will probably use it.
There are other unique features that set this phone apart. For one, it has two batteries of 1850 mAh capacity inside. This lets OPPO implement their SuperVOOC technology that according to Android Authority charges the phone to 96% in 30 mins. That is probably the lowest charge time I have ever heard. Also, Oppo, like OnePlus, has implemented an under-screen fingerprint sensor.
So far, all the hands-on reviews for the phone have been positive. The only objective downsides of this phone seem to be the lack of headphone jack and the lack of water resistance. But the prior complaint is not a complaint in 2018 and the latter is not expected in the price range this phone might launch in. So, if you are in the market for the lookout of a high-end mid-range device, say around 50K-60K, Oppo R17 pro is a phone to keep an eye on.
- New and Upcoming Scooters in NepalReview of: New and Upcoming Scooters in NepalPrice:TBAReviewed by: Jubindra K.CRating:4On May 24, 2019Last modified:May…
- New and Upcoming Bikes in NepalReview of: New and upcoming bikes in NepalProduct by: Jubin K.C.Reviewed by: Jubindra K.CRating:4On May…
- Pocophone is Coming to Nepal Again. Should You Buy it in 2019? The Answer is Yes!I don’t understand this weird dance from Xiaomi. Sometimes they act like they want the…