The wait is finally over. Oppo F9 has been launched in Nepal and it looks mesmerizing. The cost of the 4GB variant is Rs. 41,590 and that of the 6GB variant is Rs. 45,590. Just to make the readers clear, the phone launching as Oppo F9 in Nepal is called the Oppo F9 Pro in India.
We have been waiting to see the teardrop notch in all its glory and Oppo didn’t disappoint. It definitely looks pointy but it gives us a better screen to body ratio in return. The notch looks beautiful to me on some days. Some days, I don’t know if I like it.
The major marketing material for the F9 has been VOOC flash charging capability which, Oppo says, gives the phone 2 hrs of talk time when charged for 5 min. To our knowledge, this is similar to OnePlus’ dash charge. That means that the phone has the fastest charging capability in the smartphone world.
Oppo F9 Key Specifications
- Launch Date: August 2018
- Display: 6.3-inch LTPS IPS LCD capacitive touchscreen, Corning Gorilla Glass 3
- Resolution: 1080 x 2340 pixels, 19.5:9 ratio (~409 ppi density)
- Chipset: MediaTek MT6771 Helio P60
- CPU: Octa-core (4×2.0 GHz Cortex-A73 & 4×2.0 GHz Cortex-A53)
- GPU: Mali-G72 MP3
- OS: Android 8.1 (Oreo) skinned with ColorOS 5.2
- Memory: 4GB/ 6GB RAM, 64GB internal storage (expandable up to 256GB using micro SD card)
- Primary Camera: dual 16 MP, f/1.9, PDAF + 2 MP, depth sensor
- Secondary Camera: 25 MP f/2.0
- Battery: Non-removable Li-Po 3500 mAh battery
OPPO F9 Price in Nepal: Rs. 41,590 (4GB)/ Rs. 45,590 (6GB)
Obviously, Oppo being Oppo, the cameras are one of the headlining features. There is a 25 MP selfie camera behind that tiny notch which takes sharp and detailed selfies. There are dual rear cameras on the back that have features like artistic portrait mode which lets you apply several filters like film light and tonal light to give distinctive effects to your photos. Another cool feature is that google lens is built into the camera software.
The MediaTek Helio P60 is a mid-range processor so normal day-to-day tasks will fly on this device. It may struggle a little with gaming as expected. The 6GB or 4GB RAM means great multitasking performance, and the 64GB internal storage is more than enough for all the games and photos you may want to click.
For a phone under 50K, Oppo F9 has compelling and attractive features that sets it apart from other competitors. Though it isn’t on par with the performance of the Nova 3, it gets pretty close to give you similar features for 15K less.
What do you think of the Oppo F9? Let us know in the comments below!
SEE ALSO: OPPO Mobiles Price in Nepal
- Bluboo Smartphones Coming to Nepal; Bluboo S3 With 8500mAh Battery
- Nokia 3.1 with 18:9 Display, 2990mAh Battery Launched, Price in Nepal is Rs. 22,350
- Pocophone F1, The Hottest Phone on this Planet Right Now!
Nagarik App, Nepal Government’s Initiation to Digitize Public ServicesNagarik app, which crossed 300 thousand downloads in just less than a week of its…
POCO X3 NFC Review: Almost a Perfect Mid-rangerPros Durable Build Good 120Hz IPS Display Good Performance Above-average Camera Performance Decent Battery 33W…
Infinix Note 8i with Helio G80 Launched in Nepal Exclusively via DarazInfinix has been launching plenty of smartphones in Nepal since 2020. Infinix Hot 9 Play…
Jawa Classic Review: Almost Perfect in all Regards!Pros Premium Metal Feel Body Retro Look with Chrome Finishing Practical Features BS6-compliant FI Engine…