The Pocophone. Doesn’t seem like a real name, does it? Well, believe it or not, this is the most trending and the most talked-about phone on the planet right now. With phones like Pixel 3 and the next iPhone on the horizon, it is even more surprising that a phone from an unknown brand is getting all the attention.
So what’s the deal? Why is every tech YouTuber making a video about this product? Why is everyone going berserk over this particular phone? Let me answer your questions by asking you one. What would you do if I say that I will give you a phone that has a Snapdragon 845 chipset from Qualcomm, 6GB RAM, a liquid cooling system inside, dual rear cameras, and stereo speakers for about NRs. 36000? Yup. That’s what’s happening right now. Poco has officially blown every person’s mind with the F1.
Who is Poco? Who do you think? It is a sub-brand of THE budget champion, Xiaomi. They weren’t pleased with what they were doing with their other budget products (probably), so they opened a whole new brand. The F1 is their first phone and they are smashing it in their debut. It’s sad that this phone will only be available in India at first.
What’s the catch? You surely can’t get everything the Note 9 has to offer in a phone that costs about a third of the phone! For one, the cameras aren’t the best. Now, don’t say ‘Ah-ha’ just yet. Because even though the cameras aren’t in the level of the Pixel 2, they shoot great pictures for the price. The selfie camera, at 20MP, might be better than some premium handsets. The phone has a plastic back, which is fine with us because this reduces the weight of the phone and keeps it’s cost down.
Also, how many of you use your glass phone without putting a case on it? If you really hate the polycarbonate back, there’s a version with kevlar on the back called an Armored edition. It gives you a soft rubbery, grippy feeling that you wish your case would give you. The last emission is the lack of IP rating for water and dust resistance. We don’t yet know if this phone has an unofficial water and dust resistance feature like the OnePlus.
Other than these minor quibbles we mentioned above, no other complaints about the Pocophone F1 have been found. The full HD LCD screen has good color reproduction and contrast ratio. It gets bright enough to read directly under the sunlight. The build is comfy. You are getting stereo speakers that are difficult to find even on some premium phones. The 4000 mAh battery is impressive, and the performance is just on another level than the other phones in its price range. It really performs like a OnePlus 6, or the Note 9. It is mind-blowing.
Pocophone F1 Key Specifications
- Display: 6.18 inch 1080 x 2246 pixels, 18.7:9 ratio (~403 ppi density)
- Chipset: Qualcomm SDM845 Snapdragon 845
- CPU: Octa-core (4×2.8 GHz Kryo 385 Gold & 4×1.8 GHz Kryo 385 Silver)
- GPU: Adreno 630
- Memory: 256 GB, 8 GB RAM or 64/128 GB, 6 GB RAM (storage expandable up to 256GB via micro SD)
- OS: Android 8.1 (Oreo)
- Primary Camera: 12 MP, f/1.9, 1/2.55″, 1.4µm, dual pixel PDAF; 5 MP, f/2.0, 1.12µm, depth sensor
- Secondary Camera: 20 MP, f/2.0, 0.9µm
- Battery: Non-removable Li-Po 4000 mAh battery
- Sensors: Fingerprint sensor, accelerometer, proximity, compass
Pocophone F1 Price in Nepal: TBD
Right now, the phones are labeled coming soon on Flipkart with their price. But we don’t think these phones will last more than a day on stock. So, don’t forget to order it as soon as it arrives.
We can’t wait for this phone to come to Nepal even though there have been no talks about it from Xiaomi. If you are in India, this is one of the best phones you can buy for your money. For us, it looks like a legitimate flagship-killer killer.
- Honda Scooters Price in NepalSyakar Trading Company is the official distributors of Honda scooters in Nepal. Currently, Honda sells…
- MIUI 11 Rollout Begins in India from Oct 22: What about Nepal? Here’s What You Should KnowRecently during the launch event of Redmi Note 8 and Redmi Note 8 Pro in…
- Bajaj Bikes Price in NepalReview of: Bajaj Bikes Price in Nepalproduct by Bajaj: Jubindra KCVersion:LatestReviewed by: Jubindra K.CRating:5On October…