Oppo is known to make beautiful phones. Oppo F9 is no exception. Just look at the pictures. It’s a shame that you’ll have to wait until 29th August to get this phone. So, what do we do until then? Let’s just talk about the phone.
The first thing you’ll notice is that the screen of the Oppo F9 is weird. That’s because of the notch. It is not the same obtrusive black rounded rectangle we are used to seeing in other phones; this notch has a unique teardrop shape. This may look cute or beautiful to some while others may find it weird-looking. You know which group you fall on.
Not much about the inside of the F9 has been disclosed yet. There have been some leaks, hints, and speculations. So the spec list that we have compiled may not look exactly the same when the phone is released, but it will be pretty close (may even be the same).
Oppo F9 Key Specifications
- Launch Date: August 2018
- Display: 6.3-inch LTPS IPS LCD capacitive touchscreen, Corning Gorilla Glass 3
- Resolution: 1080 x 2280 pixels, 19:9 ratio (~400 ppi density)
- Chipset: MediaTek MT6771 Helio P60
- CPU: Octa-core (4×2.0 GHz Cortex-A73 & 4×2.0 GHz Cortex-A53)
- GPU: Mali-G72 MP3
- OS: Android 8.1 (Oreo) skinned with ColorOS 5.2
- Memory: 6GB RAM, 128GB internal storage (expandable up to 256GB using micro SD card)
- Primary Camera: dual 16 MP, f/1.9, PDAF + 2 MP, depth sensor
- Secondary Camera: 25 MP f/2.0
- Battery: Non-removable Li-Ion 3500 mAh battery
OPPO F9 Price in Nepal: TBD
So, you can see that the F9 will have a full HD screen which is a good thing for the screen size. The MediaTek Helio P60 is a mid-range processor so normal day-to-day tasks will fly on this device. It may struggle a little with gaming as expected. The 6GB RAM means great multitasking performance, and the 128GB internal storage is more than enough for all the games and photos you may want to click.
As with Oppo phones, the cameras on this device look amazing on paper. There is a dual 16+2 MP sensor on the back. And a massive, but normal for Oppo phones, 25MP sensor is housed in the teardrop notch for capturing detailed and sharp selfies.
Even though this phone is packed with so many features, Oppo chose the tagline “5min charge, 2-hour talk” for this phone which makes us expect amazing battery life out of this device along with features such as fast charging.
The F9 is shaping up to be an amazing mid-range device. If Oppo can keep the phone’s price below 40K, say 35K, this will be one of the best mid-range devices on the market and will directly compete with the Nova 3i from Huawei.
So what do you think of the Oppo F9? Let us know in the comments below!
- Symphony Mobiles to Launch 4 Budget Smartphones in NepalSymphony smartphone is a totally new brand for Nepal. Based in Bangladesh, Symphony bar phones…
- CFMoto 250SR Launch in Nepal Confirmed for Early 2021CFMoto 250SR is coming soon in Nepal. ANNA International Pvt. Ltd., the authorized distributor of…
- HiFuture to Launch TWS and Smart Wearables in Nepal SoonPlenty of new brands are entering Nepal in the audio and smartwatch categories. HiFuture, a…