A week hasn’t passed since the release of the Oppo A3s and we are already hearing news about the imminent launch of another Oppo phone in Nepal. Capitalizing on the fame brought on by their boundary-pushing selfie cameras and appealing design, Oppo has soared to become one of the largest smartphone manufacturers in the world. And, it is a fan favorite in Nepal too. Oppo teased the launch of F9 in their Facebook page with a catchy sub-heading – 5min charge, 2-hour talk.
The first thing you’ll notice is that the screen of the Oppo F9 is weird. That’s because of the notch. It is not the same obtrusive black rounded rectangle we are used to seeing in other phones; this notch has a unique teardrop shape. This may look cute or beautiful to some while others may find it weird-looking. You know which group you fall on.Not much about the inside of the F9 has been disclosed yet. There have been some leaks, hints, and speculations. So the spec list that we have compiled may not look exactly the same when the phone is released, but it will be pretty close (may even be the same).
Oppo F9 Key Specifications
- Launch Date: August 2018
- Display: 6.3-inch LTPS IPS LCD capacitive touchscreen, Corning Gorilla Glass 3
- Resolution: 1080 x 2280 pixels, 19:9 ratio (~400 ppi density)
- Chipset: MediaTek MT6771 Helio P60
- CPU: Octa-core (4×2.0 GHz Cortex-A73 & 4×2.0 GHz Cortex-A53)
- GPU: Mali-G72 MP3
- OS: Android 8.1 (Oreo) skinned with ColorOS 5.2
- Memory: 6GB RAM, 128GB internal storage (expandable up to 256GB using micro SD card)
- Primary Camera: dual 16 MP, f/1.9, PDAF + 2 MP, depth sensor
- Secondary Camera: 25 MP f/2.0
- Battery: Non-removable Li-Ion 3500 mAh battery
OPPO F9 Price in Nepal: TBD
So, you can see that the F9 will have a full HD screen which is a good thing for the screen size. The MediaTek Helio P60 is a mid-range processor so normal day-to-day tasks will fly on this device. It may struggle a little with gaming as expected. The 6GB RAM means great multitasking performance, and the 128GB internal storage is more than enough for all the games and photos you may want to click.
As with Oppo phones, the cameras on this device look amazing on paper. There is a dual 16+2 MP sensor on the back. And a massive, but normal for Oppo phones, 25MP sensor is housed in the teardrop notch for capturing detailed and sharp selfies.
Even though this phone is packed with so many features, Oppo chose the tagline “5min charge, 2-hour talk” for this phone which makes us expect amazing battery life out of this device along with features such as fast charging.
The F9 is shaping up to be an amazing mid-range device. If Oppo can keep the phone’s price below 40K, say 35K, this will be one of the best mid-range devices on the market and will directly compete with the Nova 3i from Huawei.
- Samsung Galaxy Note 9 Launched; 1250$ for 512GB Variant
- UMIDIGI One and One Pro Announced; Expected to be Available in Nepal Soon
- OPPO A3s with Dual Camera and 6.2-inch Display Launched in Nepal
Vianet Introduces XGS-PON Technology, Offering up to 2 Gbps Symmetrical Internet SpeedsHIGHLIGHTS Vianet announces XGS Extreme internet package. The package has two plans: symmetrical 1Gbps and…
Yamaha Saluto Price in Nepal (March 2023 Updated)Highlights Yamaha Saluto 125 price in Nepal is Rs. 2.46 Lakhs. Yamaha Saluto comes with…
Khaanpin Launches Foodloop, Corporate Bulk Food Delivery ServiceHIGHLIGHTS Khaanpin launches a new vertical called Foodloop. Foodloop is a corporate bulk food delivery…