With 2020 just 3 months away, OPPO is already set to launch a 2020 version of their former device. Having just launched the Reno series with a quad camera setup, OPPO is already sure to release another quad camera phone.
The OPPO A9 is a phone that was released back in July of 2019 in India. The OPPO A9 (2020) is a bumped-up version of the A9. OPPO is set to launch this device on 16th of September, in India. Well we know what’s next, don’t we? The OPPO A9 2020 is confirmed to be launched in Nepal as well.
Oppo recently confirming the launch of A9 (2020) in Nepal via official Facebook page. As far as we know, the phone is going to be launched sometime around the mid of september, most probably on the 18th of September. Alongside with the A9 (2020), OPPO is launching the A5 (2020) version, which we will cover in the next article.
For now, we know the OPPO A9(2020) is releasing in a short while. Let’s have a quick overview of the specifications of the device then.
OPPO A9 2020: Specification Overview
Starting off with the design, the Oppo A9 2020 is made up of polycarbonate but still presents that glossy look on the back which makes it an appealing design. The A9 2020 sports an 6.53″ IPS LCD display with a 720 x 1600 pixels resolution. Since most phones are shifting towards 1080p or AMOLED panels, I was expecting either of them to be in here as well. So, that’s a little disappointing.
Under the hood, it houses a Snapdragon 665 processor paired with 8GB of RAM. The 665 from Snapdragon has shown its dominance through phones like Redmi Note 7 Pro, Galaxy M40 and Galaxy A70. And such processor when backed with an 8GB RAM, I wouldn’t at all about performance.
The most noteworthy feature of all is probably the 5000mAh battery. This bad boy will easily last around two days with medium usage and a day and a half with heavy usage as well. Or you could even use it charge other devices with it’s reverse charging!
Moving on the second major highlight, the rear quad camera setup! The rear packs in a 48MP wide main lens along with 8MP telephoto, 2MP telephoto and a probable 2MP macro lens. We know what 48MP is worth. This lens can produce some really great shots in great lighting condition. So, this camera should be able to capture some really great photos with excellent details. The front tear-drop notch houses a 16MP camera which should definitely be able to deliver some good shots as well.
OPPO A9 2020 Key Specifications
- Display: 6.53 inches, IPS LCD capacitive touchscreen with 720 x 1600 pixels, 20:9 ratio (~269 ppi density)
- Processor: Qualcomm SDM665 Snapdragon 665 (11 nm)
- CPU: Octa-core (4×2.0 GHz Kryo 260 Gold & 4×1.8 GHz Kryo 260 Silver)
- GPU: Adreno 610
- Memory: 128GB/8GB RAM
- Rear Quad Camera Setup: 48 MP, f/1.8, (wide), 1/2″, 0.8µm, PDAF
8 MP, (telephoto), AF
2 MP, f/2.4, depth sensor
- Front Camera: 16 MP, f/2.0
- OS: Android 9.0 (Pie); ColorOS 6.1
- Battery: Non-removable 5000 mAh battery
OPPO A9 2020 Price in Nepal: TBD
OPPO A9 2020 Initial Impressions
The Oppo A9 2020 is a great smartphone in terms of the specifications that it provides. In contrast, the quad camera setup and the 5000mAh battery life are quite rare and appreciated features on a mid-range smartphone. It’s not that the display is bad, but as a 2020 device I sure would’ve loved to see a 1080p panel on this device.
Well that’s my thoughts on the device. As I mentioned before, the phone is releasing sometime around the mid of September. We will review the unit entirely once we get our hands on it. Till then stick with us for more contents like these.
- Samsung Galaxy Note 10 Plus Review: Big, Beautiful, Powerful. But, Perfect?Samsung Galaxy Note 10 Plus is supposedly the best smartphone in the world right now.…
- OPPO A5 2020 with Almost Identical Specs to OPPO A9 2020 to Launch in Nepal Tomorrow!OPPO is on fire right now with the upcoming launch of its two 2020 phones,…
- Huawei’s New Lite-Flagship, Huawei Nova 5T with Kirin 980 Processor Launched in Nepal: The Best Out There?Huawei as we all know are in a pickle at the moment. The confrontations with…