The government is working in full force to ban public vehicles older than 20 years. The ban that started yesterday took 59 public vehicles under its control from different parts of the country, reports My Republica.
Why it matters:
- Transportation offices along with traffic police personnel all over the country worked to seize the age old vehicles.
- The Department of Transport Management (DoTM) said that Narayani Transportation Management Office seized 25 vehicles while Gandaki seized 10 and and Janakpur seized seven.
- The remaining were seized by other transportation offices.
- DoTM has estimated the number of public vehicles older than 20 years at around 5,500 in Kathmandu.
- Vehicles Older Than 20 Years Banned From Today
- Nepal to Ban Import of Euro 3 Standard Vehicles
- DoTM Banning Operation of Old Vehicles From Chaitra
- Samsung Galaxy M31 Review: The Go-to Mid-range SmartphoneThe Good Impressive AMOLED display Good enough performance Huge battery Good cameras The Bad The…
- Samsung Galaxy Note 9 Receives “Rs. 25,600” Price Drop: Still Viable Option in 2020?Samsung Galaxy Note 9 was launched in August of 2018 in Nepal. At launch Galaxy…
- MacBook Pro 13″ (2019) Receives Price Cut in Nepal – Now Starts at Rs. 1.65 LakhsApple launched its new 13-inch MacBook Pro in May. The new MacBook Pro 2020 brings…