The government is working in full force to ban public vehicles older than 20 years. The ban that started yesterday took 59 public vehicles under its control from different parts of the country, reports My Republica.
Why it matters:
- Transportation offices along with traffic police personnel all over the country worked to seize the age old vehicles.
- The Department of Transport Management (DoTM) said that Narayani Transportation Management Office seized 25 vehicles while Gandaki seized 10 and and Janakpur seized seven.
- The remaining were seized by other transportation offices.
- DoTM has estimated the number of public vehicles older than 20 years at around 5,500 in Kathmandu.
- Vehicles Older Than 20 Years Banned From Today
- Nepal to Ban Import of Euro 3 Standard Vehicles
- DoTM Banning Operation of Old Vehicles From Chaitra
- Digital Payments in Nepal Soar As More People Stay Home on Virus FearsThe global COVID-19 pandemic has completely turned the tables on everything that was once considered…
- Foodmandu Fresh: A “Fresh” Transition to Deliver Essential Groceries in The Hour of NeedCOVID-19 has become a nightmare that’s gobbling up each and every fundamental aspect that our…
- E-commerce Companies in Nepal Facing Delivery Challenges, Pledges to Serve Customers Amid LockdownA lot has happened since the first announcement of a weeklong lockdown. But People will…