- There have been reports that substandard vehicles are being imported into Nepal. Moreover, many developed countries have reached Euro 6 standard.
- In response to this, the government plans to give permits to vehicles meeting Euro 4 standards or above.
- After the implementation of this move in India, there were around 850,000 vehicles unused and people suspect these vehicles are now being imported to Nepal.
Why it matters:
This standard measure the different levels of emissions of harmful gases from the vehicles. Though it is primarily used in European countries, it is being adopted in many other countries to counter pollution control.
- Nepal Government Purchases its First Electric Vehicle to Counter Pollution
- DoTM Banning Operation of Old Vehicles From Chaitra
- Nepal Makes Rs. 1 Billion Annually Through Carbon Trading
Read all the tech news of TechLekh. Stay updated!