According to Digambar Jha, chairman of NTA, the MoU will be signed within a week.
Why it matters:
- The government has plans to expand broadband connectivity to all the districts; at the moment, 60 districts are connected.
- Along with that, the government also has plans to distribute computer to 1,500 public schools across the country as a pilot project to aid the development of Information and Communication Technology. To implement this plan successfully, the government has requested the aid of Computer Associations of Nepal (CAN) Federation.
- CAN Federation to Offer National ICT Scholarship 2075 Worth Rs. 1.8 Crore
- Internet to be Made Available in All Local Units within Two Years
- Nepal Rastra Bank Brings New Regulations for Digital Transactions