Nepal Rastra Bank (NRB), the central bank of Nepal has issued a new regulation for transactions in Nepal. The issued regulation has established limitations to the various transactions including digital payments.
- The central bank has also put restrictions on cash transactions from credit card to 25 percent of the credit limit.
- Similarly, the central bank has also set an upper limit of Rs. 100,000 that can be loaded on a prepaid card issued by Bank and Financial Institutions (BFI) or payment service providers at a time.
- The prepaid cardholders can do transactions from Rs. 500 to Rs.10,000 at a time. The maximum monthly limit for the transaction is Rs. 50,000.
- The withdrawal limit for a debit card is set at Rs. 25,000 to Rs. 100,000.
- According to the new directives, transaction limit from mobile banking has been set at Rs. 5,000 at a time, Rs. 10,000 in a week and Rs 50,000 in a month.
- NRB has set the upper limit of Rs. 100,000 during single transfer from one bank to another through Internet banking service. However, monthly limit for the transfer is set at Rs. 1 million.
- The daily limit for Internet banking transaction is Rs. 100,000, while the monthly limit for such transactions has been set at Rs. 500,000.
- Similarly, one can load Rs. 5,000 at a time, a total of Rs. 15,000 in a day and Rs. 25,000 in a month through agent or subagent into e-wallet/mobile/wallet/digital wallet.
- However, payment for tax, revenue, fine, registration fees and service charges for government agencies as per the billed amount.
- There is also no limit for transfer of money from wallet to a bank account.
- You can read NRB’s directive about the new limits for more details.
According to the deputy governor of Nepal Rastra Bank, Chintamani Siwakoti, new regulations have been brought in considering all sectors concerned and international norms.
What do you think of these new limits? Let us know your views in the comment section below.
- NRB to Introduce National Payment Gateway Within 18 Months
- Nepal Rastra Bank Starts Payment System Oversight Framework
- Nepal Rastra Bank Proposes New Limits on Monetary Transactions
Graphic Designers in Nepal Raise Concern Over Plagiarism, Suggest Brands to be SensibleRecently, a reputed scooter brand copied an artwork of Indra Jatra and published it in…
Lenovo Laptops Price in Nepal: Features and SpecsLenovo is a multinational Chinese technology corporation well known for its laptops. The company offers…
Dell Laptops Price in Nepal: Features and SpecsDell is an American brand that develops, sells, repairs, and supports computers and related products…
“Huawei Cloud’s Everything as a Service Model will Power all Industry Domains in Nepal”, says Ivan MoHuawei Technologies Co. Limited’s newly established business group, Huawei Cloud aims to become Asia’s top…