Nokia, the beloved feature phone maker of yore, once fallen, has risen again to make a name of its own in the mid-range and budget smartphone market by making phones with the same iconic build quality and reliable performance at a great price. Phones like Nokia 6, and the Nokia 5 are one of our favorites in their respective price brackets. Now, Nokia is pitching a new would-be favorite at us, the Nokia X6 which Nokia says will launch in September in Nepal.
The first thing to draw the heads of people towards the X6 is its design. Though we have seen phones with a notch before, this might just be the first Nokia phone to feature that. And we dig into the design, it’s modern, the notch is minimal and the display is large and full HD with great viewing angles. We absolutely like what Nokia has done to the front here. Inside, a Qualcomm Snapdragon 636 processor, which is a midrange processor, is paired with a 4/6 GB RAM.
Whichever RAM model you pick, it will be able to handle the most intensive of your multitasking demands because 4GB is already plenty enough. The midrange chipset will be able to handle all the app switching and youtube binging quite well and smoothly; you might even get some gaming out of this machine although small lags and stutters will be expected.
Nokia is including powerful camera technology on the Nokia X6. There is a 16Mp+5MP dual primary camera setup on the back which is yet to be tested by us. You will get features such as bokeh effects and optical zoom with the dual cameras. The front camera is a single 16MP shooter. This is a very high pixel count for a front camera and a good news for selfie lovers who will rejoice at the sharp and detailed selfies that this sensor could shoot.
Nokia X6 Key Specifications
- Display:5.8-inch Full HD+ IPS LCD display @435PPI with Gorilla Glass 3
- Chipset: Qualcomm Snapdragon 636
- Memory: 4/6 GB
- Internal Storage: 32/64 GB (expandable up to 256 GB, Uses SIM 2 slot)
- OS: Stock Android Oreo (v8.1); Upgradable to Android P (v9.0)
- Primary Camera: Dual: 16 MP (f/2.0, 1.0µm, EIS) + 5 MP (f/2.2, 1.2µm), phase detection autofocus, dual-LED dual-tone flash
- Secondary Camera:16 MP, f/2.0 aperture
- Sensors: Fingerprint (rear-mounted), Accelerometer, Gyro, proximity, compass
- Battery: 3060mAh with Quick Charge 3.0
Nokia X6 Price in Nepal: TBD
But not everything is about hardware with Nokia phones. The software on its phones is highly praised too. The OS on this phone is a stock Android OS which means that there is no bloatware or confusing skins at all. You’ll get a clean Android experience and, as a result, a great battery life. Also, an update to the next version of Android, the Android P is promised on this phone. So, the Nokia X6 is futureproof.
The X6 is an amazing phone with a good performance and a gorgeous design. It also strives to provide a great camera experience. If Nokia can keep the price around 30K – 35K, this would be one of the best smartphone value of 2018.
SEE ALSO: Nokia Mobiles Price in Nepal
- Oppo A3s With Snapdragon 450 to Launch Soon in Nepal
- Nubia Smartphone Brand Debuts in Nepal; Set to Launch 4 Smartphones
- Vivo Y81 with 6.22-inch HD+ Display Launching Soon in Nepal