There was a time when Nokia was the largest mobile seller in the globe. Nokia 3310 was the holy grail of smartphone innovation at the time. But today, Nokia is one of the most struggling smartphone manufacturers in Nepal. Recently, Nokia has tried to make a comeback in the International as well as the Nepali market by releasing phones like the Nokia 6 and Nokia 3.
Though not able to make a tight grasp of the market capital, this phone certainly paved a way for Nokia smartphones in Nepal. Recently Nokia has recently launched three new smartphones in Nepal: Nokia 1, Nokia 6 Plus and Nokia 7 Plus.
The recent release of Nokia 6 Plus came with 3GB RAM and 32GB of storage, but now Nokia is planning to release the 4GB version in Nepal. And, this version of Nokia 6 Plus price in Nepal is set to be around 33k-34k when it launches in late April 2018.
The Nokia 6 Plus comes with a 5.5-inch IPS capacitive touchscreen with a resolution of 1080 x 1920 pixels. Powering this is a Qualcomm Snapdragon 630 processor which is accompanied by an Adreno 508 GPU. This phone comes with 4 Gigabytes of RAM and 64GB of internal storage.
As far as the camera goes, this phone has a 16 Megapixel f/2.0 aperture sensor produces by Carl Zeiss, which surely is a plus point. The front camera on this device is an 8 Megapixel f/2.0 sensor. Providing juice to all this is a 3000 mAh battery. The operating system you get with this device is Android 8.0 Oreo.
Nokia 6 Key Specs
- Display: 5.5-inch IPS LCD capacitive touchscreen
- Resolution: 1080×1920 pixels
- Chipset: Qualcomm SDM630 Snapdragon 630
- CPU: Octa-core 2.2 GHz Cortex-A53
- GPU: Adreno 508
- OS: Android 8.0 (Oreo)
- Memory: 64GB, 4GB
- Primary Camera: 16 MP (f/2.0, 1.0 µm), Carl Zeiss optics, dual-LED dual-tone flash
- Secondary Camera: 8 MP (f/2.0, 1.12 µm), autofocus, 1080p
- Battery: Non-removable Li-Ion 3000 mAh battery
Nokia 6 Plus Price in Nepal (Expected): Rs. 33,800
This is the phone that belongs to a mid-range smartphone lineup. Having the same price with the smartphones like Samsung J7 Pro, Coolpad Cool Play 6 and Huawei Nova 2i, this phone is certainly going to have a hard time competing with them. However, when you look at the sheer specs on paper, it doesn’t look bad. You are getting a Snapdragon 630 with 4 gigabytes of RAM which is on par with other smartphones in the same price range.
But the recent history might be something that may pose a barrier to this smartphone’s success. Nokia was an excellent brand in the early 2000s. But, this last decade, when smartphones were on the rise, Nokia foresaw its downfall and since then it has been struggling in the market. People still don’t feel comfortable buying this smartphone. So, this is why I am skeptical about how this smartphone is going to do in the Nepali market.
- Yamaha Fascino 125 FI First Ride: Refined BS6 Engine and New Practical FeaturesWe’ve come a long way since the early days of scooters in Nepal. Scooters are…
- Husqvarna Vitpilen 250 Launched in Nepal, Priced at Rs. 5.69 LakhsHusqvarna Vitpilen 250 and Husqvarna Svartpilen 250 is now available in Nepal! Hansraj Hulaschand &…
- Husqvarna Svartpilen 250 Launched in Nepal: Priced Well!Husqvarna Svartpilen 250 and Husqvarna Vitpilen 250 is now in Nepal! Hansraj Hulaschand & Co.…
- TATA Altroz Launched in Nepal: Most Anticipated Hatchback Now at Killer Price!Tata Altroz is now available in Nepal. Sipradi Trading Private Limited, the authorized distributor of…