Motorola and Khalti have announced a strategic partnership to promote digital payment in Nepal among new smartphone buyers. As part of the agreement, Khalti has rolled out cashback offers upto Rs. 2000 on selected range of Motorola smartphones.
Through this lucrative campaign, Motorola is encouraging digital payment habit among smartphone users in Nepal.
“We are not just selling hardware and smart phones but also promoting smart use cases. People don’t become smart just by buying smartphones or just using Facebook. You become smart only by using the phone to make your life easy and convenient. Being able to save time and pay online easily is what makes one smart. Khalti is working to promote mobile payment in Nepal. Thus we came up with this idea of tying-up with Khalti to promote digital payment and making the smartphone users more smart,” said Amit Agrawal, Managing Director of Lifecom which is distributing Motorola in Nepal.
Currently, Nepal is lagging much behind in mobile payment adoption compared to our neighboring countries like India, China, and Bangladesh. This partnership is expected to accelerate adoption of mobile payments in Nepal.
“Though smartphones have reached in the hands of almost every youth, most are not aware that their phones can also be used for payments. We are proud to be partnering with Motorola to launch this lucrative campaign and provide mobile payment service to its new smartphone users. We expect this campaign to promote digital payment among Nepali youths and take mobile payment to the next level,” said Manish Modi, Managing Director of Khalti.
This is a very lucrative offer to the people who are planning to buy a new smartphone. This campaign seeks to encourage current non-users of mobile payment to change their payment habit and enjoy richer user experience with Khalti’s seamless mobile payment.
This joint initiative by Khalti and Motorola to promote mobile payment habit among the Nepalis holds a lot of significance if we take into consideration the latest move by the government of Nepal. The government in its latest budget had announced to create bank account of all Nepalis within a year. Furthermore, the government has now made possible to pay revenue and all forms of taxes from mobile phones.
The offer is available with four specified Motorola smartphones: Moto C, Moto C+, Moto E4, and Moto E4+. The phones are available for purchase at any of authorized reseller of Motorola phone in Nepal. The offer is available for limited time only.
To get cashback in Khalti after the purchase of Motorola phone:
After purchasing the specified Motorola smartphone,
- Download Khalti Digital Wallet app from khalti.com/app or scan the QR code in the new Motorola mobile set
- Sign up and log in to Khalti using your mobile number and new password
- Go to ‘Coupon’ option in the side menu bar and type ‘Moto’, and tap on ‘REDEEM’
- After verification of IMEI details, you will get Khalti balance immediately in the Khalti app
You can now use the balance in the Khalti app to pay bills, recharge, buy movie tickets and many more
Available smartphones and Khalti cashbacks:
|Smartphone Model||MRP||Khalti Cashback|
|Motorola Moto C||Rs. 10,990||Rs. 1,000|
|Motorola Moto C+||Rs. 13,490||Rs. 1,000|
|Motorola Moto E4||Rs. 15,290||Rs. 1,500|
|Motorola Moto E4+||Rs. 19,990||Rs. 2,000|
- Khalti Ties up with QFX Cinemas Making Online Movie Ticketing Easier
- Khalti Kick-Starts Smart Chhori Campaign to Bridge Gender Digital Divide in Nepal
- Get 25% Off on Movie Tickets Bought via Khalti
- Samsung Galaxy Z Flip 3 Review: The Best Affordable Flip PhonePros IPX8 Water Resistance Improved Displays Durable Build Flawless Performance Top-Notch Selfies Compactness Cons Battery…
- NTA Studying the Possibility of Refurbishing and Assembling Phone Sets in NepalNepal Telecommunication Authority (NTA) is studying the possiblity to assemble and refurbish mobile phone sets.…
- Coolpad Cool 12A Review: An Stylish Entry-Level OptionPros Great design Good display Great Battery Life Decent performance Cons Below Average Camera Bugs…
- Samsung Galaxy A52s 5G Launching Next Week in NepalSamsung Galaxy A52s 5G is set to launch soon in Nepal. Samsung unveiled the Samsung…
- Gionee P15 Pro with Helio G35 and 6000mAh Battery Launched in NepalThe pro version of the recently launched Gionee P15, Gionee P15 Pro has been launched…
- Samsung Galaxy M22 with 48MP Camera Goes Official, Expected Soon in NepalSamsung Galaxy M22 has gone official with the listing of the phone on the company’s…