You don’t hear from Lava anymore. It was an up and coming brand a few years back but its market share got gobbled up by the big brands like Huawei and Xiaomi from China. But that doesn’t mean that Lava went down in flames. It still produces some very affordable smartphones and one launched just a few days back.
Lava Iris 88 fits right into the description of a smartphone of 2018. It has the elongated 18:9 aspect ratio with thin bezels. But what is great is that it adopts this design philosophy at a pretty affordable price tag of Rs. 14,290.
Inside, the phone is powered by an entry-level MediaTek processor. Games are no go, but normal day to day tasks and apps like calls, and Facebook will run pretty smoothly considering you aren’t downloading a large file in Chrome simultaneously. A 2GB RAM is pretty normal at this price and it helps the phone run smoothly but it won’t be good enough for extensive multitasking.
The cameras are yet to be tested but don’t expect to be amazed by the results. They will click the photo you want but how fast and how good remains to be seen. What’s great is that the phone comes with Android 8.1 out of the box which means you’ll get security updates and patches well into the future. The internal storage is a little on the low side though it 16GB is typical in the price range.
Lava Iris Key Specifications
- Display: 5.45-inch HD+ (720×1440) display
- Chipset: MediaTek MT6739WW
- GPU: IMG 8XE 1PPC @ 570MHz
- OS: StarOS 5.0 based on Android Oreo (v8.1.0)
- Memory: 16GB, 2 GB RAM
- Primary Camera: 8MP
- Secondary Camera: 5MP
- Battery: Removable Li-Ion 3000 mAh battery
- Sensors: Proximity sensor/Light sensor/G-sensor
Lava Iris 88 Price in Nepal: Rs. 14,290
Lava Iris 88 includes a facial unlock feature which it claims can unlock the phone in 0.8s. While that is a nice feature to have, it has removed the fingerprint sensor as a result and a Face id feature has yet to manage the simplicity and speed of a fingerprint sensor. So that wasn’t a great move from Lava for customers.
And, though the Lava Iris 88 is a good value, phones like the Xiaomi Redmi 4A offer similar specs at a slightly cheaper price. Lava hasn’t done enough to lure away customers who have gotten accustomed to seeing and using phones from this Chinese brands. The Iris 88 is an effort, but it brings nothing remarkable to the table.
- New Skoda Rapid Onyx Edition Launched in Nepal for Rs 48.45 LakhsReview of: Skoda Rapid Onyx Price:Rs. 48,45,000Reviewed by: Jubindra K.CRating:5On June 26, 2019Last modified:June 26,…
- Renault Triber To Be Unveiled at NADA Auto Show 2019!Review of: Renault TriberPrice:TBDReviewed by: Jubindra K.CRating:5On June 26, 2019Last modified:June 26, 2019Summary:Yes! Renault Triber…
- Realme C2 Launches Exclusively in Daraz Mobile Week!Review of: Realme C2Price:Rs. 14,290Reviewed by: Nishan Rating:4On June 26, 2019Last modified:June 26, 2019Summary:Realme C2…