Kathmandu Metropolitan City (KMC) has plans to buy sweeping machines to run on the city streets. To purchase 5 of those machines, the estimated cost is Rs. 120 million.
- In early April, a tender was called and seven companies applied for it. The bidding evaluation subcommittee headed by Rabin Man Shrestha, Chief of the environment section at the KMC will select the best suiting applicant.
- A campaign is underway under the ‘Clean the City’ to clean the roads in the areas including Bag Durbar, Lainchaur, Ratnapark, Jamal, Old Bus Park, Putalisadak, Tri Chandra College and Bhadrakali which has already accumulated 1,600 tons of dust and dirt.
- KMC to Launch Free WiFi Service at Heritage Sites
- KMC’s New Idea to Curb Pollution: Vending Machines For Waste Management
- KMC Starts Free Wi-Fi zones and CCTV Surveillance in a Few Places