Living with ICT is organizing the sixth edition of the ICT Award. The nominations for the award were opened on June 22 and the deadline for the submission is August 31.
Earlier, the deadline for the nomination was on July 31. “The Covid cases are still rising and the event is not happening anytime soon. So, we are looking forward to accepting more applications,” says Razan Lamsal, coordinator of the organizing committee.
ICT Award was started in 2015. Living with ICT is 11 years old ICT media. The award nominations have been opened for 11 different categories. The categories are:
- Startup ICT Award,
- Product ICT Award,
- Rising Star Innovation ICT Award,
- Pioneer ICT Award,
- Nepali Diaspora ICT Award,
- Entrepreneur ICT Award,
- Woman Icon ICT Award,
- Digital Education ICT Award (Public Sector),
- Digital Education ICT Award (Private Sector),
- Digital Governance ICT Award (Public), and
- Digital Governance ICT Award (Private)
“The evaluation will take place in around 3-5 rounds,” says Lamsal. The steps to selection consist of getting the application, shortlisting by the jury based on the criteria, selection of top 10 of every category through interview and online and SMS voting. In the last round, the jury decides the winner based on a field visit and internal evaluation.
We receive around 80 percent of applications from Kathmandu valley, shares Lamsal. However, in the last 3 years, we have been observing increasing participation from major cities including Pokhara, Butwal, Biratnagar and Narayanghat.
“The annual ICT Award honours national achievements in the field of information technology, Information and Communication Technology in Nepal,” writes the press release issued by the organizer, Living with ICT.
Most of the selection committee meetings of this year’s ICT Awards will be virtual. There are more than two dozen juries and advisors for the ICT Award selection process. The jury members are from various sectors including government bodies like the National Planning Commission, Ministry of Communication and Technology, Nepal Telecommunication Authority, Universities, Colleges and also Entrepreneurs.
If the situation normalizes, the award ceremony will be held in December 2021.
Registration for ICT AWARD
Competitors themselves or anyone else can register online nominations for the award. To be nominated for the award, one needs to go to ictaward.org and select the relevant category and fill the form.
Award winners will receive various services and facilities with special honours. Winners of Startup, Product, Rising Star categories will also get concessional loan facility and investment opportunity reads the press release issued by the company.
- Samsung Galaxy Z Flip 3 Review: The Best Affordable Flip PhonePros IPX8 Water Resistance Improved Displays Durable Build Flawless Performance Top-Notch Selfies Compactness Cons Battery…
- NTA Studying the Possibility of Refurbishing and Assembling Phone Sets in NepalNepal Telecommunication Authority (NTA) is studying the possiblity to assemble and refurbish mobile phone sets.…
- Coolpad Cool 12A Review: An Stylish Entry-Level OptionPros Great design Good display Great Battery Life Decent performance Cons Below Average Camera Bugs…
- Analogue Inc. Becomes Official Huawei Cloud Consulting & Reselling Partner in NepalAnalogue Inc. has become an official consulting and reselling partner of Huawei Cloud service in…
- ISPs to Hike Internet Price by up to Rs. 300 in Nepal Reasoning Increase in Pole RentInternet Service Providers are planning to increase the price of the internet due to the…
- WiSTEAM Steps to Sixth Year, Aims to Educate 2000 Girls about STEM Activities by Next YearWomen In STEAM (WiSTEAM), a social enterprise supporting girls and women education in the Science,…