Huawei has again appeared in our monthly column. It released a phone!
This time it is the Huawei Y6 Prime 2018, aptly named so you understand that this phone is the latest one. Huawei has already launched a mid-range smartphone for the masses, the Huawei Nova 3e in May. Then it launched the premium Huawei P20 Pro just a few days back. Now, it seems Huawei is trying to add an offering to the budget market as the price of Y6 Prime is below 20k at Rs. 17,900.The design of Huawei Y6 Prime 2018, as expected, is based on the 18:9 aspect ratio screen with slim bezels that has become all the rage in 2018. The back looks sleek too. The camera housing and the metal finish reminds me of the Huawei P10, a flagship device from Huawei in 2017. But the design is about the only thing that makes this phone worth taking a look. Because inside, it is powered by the Qualcomm Snapdragon 425 processor, which is not the most powerful chip.
It is an entry-level chipset that is great for battery efficiency and normal tasks like calling and texting. Facebook and YouTube will run pretty smoothly but anything more than that and you’ll have to live with lags and stutters. So, you won’t be buying this phone for multitasking (as the RAM is just 2GB) or buttery smooth performance.
Huawei fits its smartphones with pretty good cameras generally. And we expect the Y6 to deliver a great photo experience in good lighting conditions. Just don’t expect to get Pixel-like photos from a phone that costs under 20K. However, a flash for the front selfie camera is objectively a great addition from Huawei which is sure to be appreciated by people who use the front camera more than the back one a lot.
The battery life on the phone should be decent considering it is a 3000mAh cell and the screen and the processor are not so power-hungry. You will get a day of normal use on a single charge.
Huawei Y6 Prime 2018 Key Specifications
- Display: 5.7 inches HD+ IPS LCD (720 x 1440 pixels) @282ppi
- Chipset: Qualcomm Snapdragon 425 Octa-core CPU
- Memory: 2 GB
- Internal Storage: 16 GB (expandable up to 128GB using external micro SD card)
- OS: EMUI 8.0 with Android 8.0 Oreo
- Primary Camera: 13MP Rear-Facing Camera with LED flash
- Secondary Camera: 5MP Front Facing Camera with LED flash
- Battery: Li-Ion 3000 mAh battery
- Sensors: Accelerometer, gyro, proximity, compass, fingerprint
Huawei Y6 Prime 2018 Price in Nepal: Rs. 17,900
Huawei Y6 Prime 2018 is a good phone with a specific focus of providing a great smartphone experience to people whose demands from a smartphone is pretty low. But what they need to understand is that those people also want a phone to be cheaper. And in 2018, the Huawei Y6 Prime 2018 is a little bit overpriced looking at the specs. You are paying near 18000 for a phone which only gives you 2GB RAM and 16GB of internal storage (what??).
You can get a similar experience from Colors S11 which costs around Rs. 13000. Or, you could get a Xiaomi Redmi Note 4X or a Xiaomi Redmi 5 for around the same price with better specs. So, you could keep this on your radar. But take a look at our list of mobile phones in Nepal arranged by brand names to make a better, informed purchase decision.
SEE ALSO: Huawei Mobiles Price in Nepal
- Samsung Galaxy J6 With Face Recognition Launched in Nepal
- OPPO F7 Youth Officially Launched in Nepal at Rs. 31,590
- UMIDIGI S2 Lite With Bezel-less Display and Giant Battery to Launch in Nepal Soon
- Yamaha Fascino 125 FI First Ride: Refined BS6 Engine and New Practical FeaturesWe’ve come a long way since the early days of scooters in Nepal. Scooters are…
- Oppo F17 Pro with Quad Cameras And Helio P95 to Launch Soon in NepalOppo has recently launched some budget phones like Oppo A53 and Oppo A12 in Nepal.…
- Husqvarna Vitpilen 250 Launched in Nepal, Priced at Rs. 5.69 LakhsHusqvarna Vitpilen 250 and Husqvarna Svartpilen 250 is now available in Nepal! Hansraj Hulaschand &…
- Husqvarna Svartpilen 250 Launched in Nepal: Priced Well!Husqvarna Svartpilen 250 and Husqvarna Vitpilen 250 is now in Nepal! Hansraj Hulaschand & Co.…