Where is UMIDIGI getting the energy to release so many phones? Since its entry into the Nepalese market back in 2017, it has already launched six phones in the market. To know more about them click this link. Now, it is on the verge of launching UMIDIGI S2 Lite.
UMIDIGI S2 Lite has the elongated aspect ratio and slim bezels that we’ve come to expect from phones in 2018. The back is made up of metal and the antenna bands make it look like that of iPhone 7. But the camera cutout and fingerprint sensor are vertical and in the top-middle of the phone making the S2 Lite not a generic copy of Apple.
Inside, the S2 Lite is powered by the MediaTek MT6750 processor, which is an entry-level chip. So, don’t expect to get a good gaming performance from this device. It will stutter and lag under intense loads. What this phone is made for is running normal apps like Facebook and YouTube smoothly. Thanks to the ample 4GB RAM, app switching is a mostly stutter-free experience. The internal storage is large and is enough for most people to live without an expandable storage.
UMIDIGI S2 Lite Key Specifications
- Display – 5.99-inch HD+ Sharp TDDI display
- Chipset: 1.5 GHz Octa-core MediaTek MT6750
- GPU: Mali-T860 MP2
- OS: Android v7.0 Nougat
- Memory: 64GB, 4GB
- Primary Camera: 16 MP + 5 MP, f/2.0 aperture, LED flash
- Secondary Camera: 5 MP
- Battery: Non-removable Li-Ion 5100 mAh battery
- Sensors – Fingerprint (rear-mounted), accelerometer, proximity, compass
UMIDIGI S2 Lite Price in Nepal: TBD (22K – 24K: Estimated)
While the camera remains to be tested, we aren’t much optimistic about the quality of the photos looking at the chip used. The shooters probably will be capable of capturing good enough photos in good lighting conditions but they won’t impress you. What we are very optimistic about is the battery life of this phone. A 5100mAh battery is huge by any standards. And it should comfortably last you two days of moderate use and a day and half of the intense workload. If battery life is what you are after then this phone should be on your RADAR.
Ultimately, how good this phone is, boils down to the price it will be offered at. If UMIDIGI can keep the cost around 22K to 24K then the S2 Lite is a worthy buy but otherwise, this phone demands a better processor and an updated OS.
SEE ALSO: Upcoming Smartphones in Nepal
- IME Pay Celebrates 1 Million Downloads on PlayStore with A GiveawayIME Pay, one of the popular digital wallets of Nepal has hit 1 million downloads…
- Yamaha Ray ZR 125 FI Street Rally Launched in Nepal for Rs. 2.54 LakhsAll-new sporty Yamaha Ray ZR 125 Street Rally is now available in Nepal. MAW Enterprises, the…
- Bajaj Avenger 160 ABS Street First Ride: Mixed Experiences!Bajaj Avenger 160 ABS Street is now available in Nepal. HH Bajaj, the authorized distributors…
- Suzuki Gixxer 155 First Ride: Great First Impression!Suzuki Gixxer 250 was a total package! Suzuki’s naked flagship had everything one could ever…
- DJI Osmo Mobile 4 with Magnetic Clamp Design Now Available in NepalDJI announced its latest mobile gimbal, the Osmo Mobile 4 back in August. And, now…