Honda has launched the new Honda Hornet 2.0 in India.
After months of anticipation and speculations, Honda finally unveiled the first BS6 bike. As expected, the new Hornet comes with a killer new look, features, and styling.
Yes, Honda Hornet 2.0 finally gets an engine-kill switch!
But that’s just the tip of the ice-berg.
Honda Hornet features an amazing number of features, most of them can be considered an improvement from its predecessor.
With the new launch, Honda Hornet 2.0 arrival in Nepal will be the next most awaited event. So, let’s take a quick look at everything new in Honda Hornet 2.0!
Honda Hornet 2.0 Specifications
- Engine Type: SI, 4-stroke, FI
- Displacement: 184.40 cc
- Cooling System: Air Cooled
- Starting Mechanism: Self Starter Only
- Max Power: 17.26PS at 8500rpm
- Max Torque:16.1Nm at 6000rpm
- Gearbox: 5-Speed
- Top Speed: 115 Kmph
- Fuel Tank Capacity: 12 liter
- Mileage: 40 kmpl
- Front Tyre: 110/70-17 – Disc
- Rear Tyre: 140/70-R17 – Disc
- Tubeless Tyres: Yes
- Braking System: Single-Channel ABS
- Suspension Setup: USD Forks and Mono shock suspension
- Seat Height: 790 mm
- Ground Clearance: 167 mm
- Kerb Weight: 142 kg
- Colors: Pearl Igneous Black, Matte Axis Grey Metallic, Matte Marvel Blue Metallic, and Matte Sangria Red Metallic
Honda Hornet 2.0 Price in Nepal: Rs. 3.40 Lakhs to Rs. 3.60 Lakhs (Expected)
Honda Hornet 2.0 Overview
Honda Hornet 2.0 features an all-new design, adding to the 160R style.
It gets a redesigned fuel-tank, giving off a more muscular look than before. Plus, the tank comes with a forward-leaning design ensuring the expression of dominance and aggression.
Likewise, the rear-end gets a faux air intake that matches beautifully with the new split-seat setup.
On top of this, the new Hornet gets a fresh set of sporty graphics. Plus, the dual-tone colors look amazing!
Honda Hornet 2.0 features a street-fighter look with the raging LED headlamp design and X-shaped LED tail lamps. It also gets a LED indicator making Hornet first in its segment to do so.
If that wasn’t enough, Honda Hornet 2.0 comes with two new surprises up its sleeve!
Golden Upside Down (USD) Front Forks and Stylish Engine Cowl.
Honda Hornet 2.0 is available in four color options: Pearl Igneous Black, Matte Axis Grey Metallic, Matte Marvel Blue Metallic, and Matte Sangria Red Metallic.
Honda Hornet 2.0 comes with a next-gen BS6 compliant engine.
It is powered by a 184.40cc, 4-Stroke, Air-cooled, FI Engine. Moreover, it can generate a max power of 17.26PS at 8500rpm and a max torque of 16.1Nm at 6000rpm. Furthermore, it is mated to a 5-speed gearbox.
Additionally, the suspension setup is a new front Golden Colored USD Forks and rear Monoshock.
Honda already had Hornet 160R, XBlade, and Unicorn 160 complete in the 160cc segment. So, it makes sense that the company opted to use a new engine.
I was hoping Honda went for a 200cc engine, instead of a 180cc.
Honda Hornet becomes the first-in-segment to introduce crazy features! While there are a ton of features to talk about, let’s condense them into key features.
Honda Hornet Feature Highlights
- New Street-Fighter Themed Design
- All LED Lights
- First-in-Segment USD Front Forks
- Fully Digital LCD Meter with 5-level Illumination Control
- New HET Engine with Best-in-Class Mid-range Torque
- Key on Tank
- Engine Stop Switch and Hazard Light Switch!
- Dual Disc Brakes
- Single-Channel ABS
- Split-Seat with Stress-Free Riding Posture
On a side note, Honda Hornet 2.0’s new digital cluster now comes with Gear Position Indicator, Battery Voltmeter, Service Due Indicator, Clock, and so much more.
Honda Hornet 2.0 Price in Nepal and Availability
Honda Hornet 2.0 comes with great new features, redefining the segment forever!
However, these new upgrades come at a cost. If you look at it, the new Hornet price in India is INRs. 1.26 Lakhs. Unfortunately, this indirectly leads to a comparison with the bikes with 200cc engines.
In the case of Hornet, it features a 180cc engine. While the performance figures might be great for the 180cc segment, it comes off as underpowered for the price.
Just compare the performance between the Honda Hornet 2.0 with the likes of Bajaj Pulsar NS 200, TVS Apache RTR 200 4V, and even Bajaj Pulsar 220F.
Fortunately, Honda does offer more than enough features to justify the performance sacrifice. It will be interesting to see how this unfolds in real-world sales figures, as Honda is struggling in the Indian markets.
As for the inevitable question, will Honda Hornet 2.0 launch in Nepal?
Things are uncertain at the moment. Especially due to the ongoing lockdown situation. However, Honda Hornet 2.0 will most definitely launch in Nepal.
In the best-case scenario, it might take 6-9 months for the new Honda Hornet 2.0 to launch in Nepal.
As for the pricing, the Honda Hornet 2.0 price in Nepal is expected to be around Rs. 3.40 Lakhs to Rs. 3.60 Lakhs. Please note that it is just speculation at this time.
Also, check our Bajaj Dominar 400 Review video!
- IME Pay Celebrates 1 Million Downloads on PlayStore with A GiveawayIME Pay, one of the popular digital wallets of Nepal has hit 1 million downloads…
- Yamaha Ray ZR 125 FI Street Rally Launched in Nepal for Rs. 2.54 LakhsAll-new sporty Yamaha Ray ZR 125 Street Rally is now available in Nepal. MAW Enterprises, the…
- DJI Osmo Mobile 4 with Magnetic Clamp Design Now Available in NepalDJI announced its latest mobile gimbal, the Osmo Mobile 4 back in August. And, now…
- Jawa 42 Launched in Nepal: Classic Jawa in a Modern Avatar!Jawa 42 is now available in Nepal. Agni MotoInc Pvt. Ltd., the authorized distributors of…
- Coolpad N7 Plus with Helio P22 and 20MP Camera Launched in NepalAfter the recent launch of Coolpad Cool 6, Coolpad has launched Coolpad N7 Plus in…