Honda Hornet 2.0 launch in Nepal is finally happening!
Syakar Trading Company Pvt. Ltd., the authorized distributor of Honda products in Nepal, process to launch Honda Hornet 2.0. After months of anticipation and speculations, Honda Nepal is starting to introduce BS6-compliant bikes in Nepal.
Honda Hornet 2.0 features amazing features, improved styling, and an engine kill switch. Compared to the previous generation, it is a huge improvement in almost all regards.
Talking about its price, Honda Hornet 2.0 price in Nepal is Rs. 4.59 Lakhs.
Unsurprisingly, the pricing is higher than initially expected. Rest assured, there will a lot of disappointment to be followed.
We will talk about pricing detail in a bit.
Before that, here is a quick look at the Honda Hornet 2.0 in Nepal along with its key specifications for 2021.
Honda Hornet 2.0 Specifications
- Engine Type: Single-Cylinder, SI, 4-stroke, FI
- Emission Standard: BS6
- Displacement: 184.40 cc
- Cooling System: Air Cooled
- Starting Mechanism: Self Starter Only
- Max Power: 17.26 PS at 8500rpm
- Max Torque:16.1 Nm at 6000rpm
- Gearbox: 5-Speed
- Top Speed: 130 Kmph
- Fuel Tank Capacity: 12 liter
- Mileage: 45 kmpl
- Front Tyre: 110/70-17 – Disc
- Rear Tyre: 140/70-R17 – Disc
- Tubeless Tyres: Yes
- Braking System: Single-Channel ABS
- Suspension Setup: USD Forks and Mono shock suspension
- Seat Height: 790 mm
- Ground Clearance: 167 mm
- Kerb Weight: 142 kg
- Colors: Black, Grey, Blue, and Red.
Honda Hornet 2.0 Price in Nepal: Rs. 4,59,900
Honda Hornet 2.0 Overview
Honda Hornet 2.0 features an all-new aggressive styling, especially with sporty dual-tone graphics.
Adding to the 160R style, it gets a redesigned fuel tank. The forward-leaning fuel tank design ensures the expression of dominance and aggression.
Honda Hornet 2.0 debuts a new street-fighter stance along with new features.
It sports an all-new LED headlamp, LED indicators, and X-shaped LED tail lamps. Additionally, it also packs in Hazard Light Switch, Engine Kill Switch, and a new Instrument Meter.
These elements help elevate the styling and practical nature of the motorcycle.
Talking about the rear section, Hornet 2.0 comes with a new split-seat setup along with a faux air intake.
Honda Hornet 2.0 comes with two additional premium surprises up its sleeve: Golden Upside Down (USD) Front Forks and Stylish Engine Cowl.
Like other new elements in Hornet 2.0, these also help pull off a more muscular and sporty stance than before.
Honda Hornet 2.0 will be available in four color options: Black, Grey, Blue, and Red.
Honda Hornet 2.0 comes with a next-gen BS6 compliant engine.
It is powered by a 184.40cc, 4-Stroke, Air-cooled, FI Engine. Moreover, it can generate a max power of 17.26PS at 8500rpm and a max torque of 16.1Nm at 6000rpm. Furthermore, it is mated to a 5-speed gearbox with a 12-liter fuel tank capacity.
As stated before, the suspension setup is handled by a new Golden Colored USD Front Forks and Rear Monoshock.
Despite the confusing ‘Hornet 2.0’ nametag, the new Hornet features a 180cc engine. Hence, the power figures will be comparatively less than the 200cc rivals.
Honda Hornet 2.0will introduce crazy new features! While there are a ton of features to talk about, let’s condense them into key features.
Honda Hornet Feature Highlights
- 180cc BS6-compliant FI Engine
- New Street-Fighter Themed Design
- New LED Headlamps with X-Shaped LED Taillight
- LED Indicators (1st in Segment)
- Muscular Fuel Tank
- Sporty Engine Cowl
- New Digital LCD Meter with 5-level Illumination Control
- Split-Seat with Stress-Free Riding Posture
- Refined HET Engine with Best-in-Class Mid-range Torque
- Key on Tank
- New Engine Stop Switch
- New Hazard Light Switch
- USD Front Forks (1st in Segment) and Monoshock Suspension
- Dual Disc Braking
- Single-Channel ABS
Honda Hornet 2.0 Price in Nepal and Availability
Honda Hornet 2.0 price in Nepal will be Rs. 4.59 Lakhs. Unfortunately, it is priced more than everyone initially expected.
Hornet 2.0 comes with great new features that will redefine the segment forever! However, it is priced equivalent to the current 200-250cc motorcycles.
|Honda Hornet 2.0||Price in Nepal|
|Honda Hornet 2.0||Rs. 459900|
Talking about its launch details, there is no word on its official launch date. Nonetheless, Honda Hornet 2.0 is currently being showcased at Honda Showroom in Jamal, Kathmandu.
Honda Hornet 2.0 Price Breakdown
While the pricing might seem a little steeper, it follows through with the current Two-Wheeler Tax Policies.
Here is a quick breakdown of the Honda Hornet 2.0 price in Nepal.
|Honda Hornet 2.0 Price Breakdown||Price Conversion|
|Indian Price (ex-showroom)||INRs. 1.30 Lakhs|
|Converted Indian Price||Rs. 2.08 Lakhs|
|30% Customs Duty||Rs. 2.70 Lakhs|
|40% Excise Duty||Rs. 3.78 Lakhs|
|13% Vat||Rs. 4.27 Lakhs|
|Road Development Fee (Rs. 10000 – Rs. 20000)||Rs. 4.37 Lakhs – Rs. 4.47 Lakhs|
|Misc Costs and Profit||Rs. 4.59 Lakhs|
Honda Nepal will obviously pay lower for a Honda product as Nepal’s authorized distributor. The sole purpose of the price breakdown is to put more focus on what other factors played into the high pricing.
Is Honda Hornet 2.0 overpriced? Yes.
While Honda Nepal might be at fault for quick profits, the Government is also (indirectly) at fault for its excessive taxing.
With more BS6-compliant bikes making their way into Nepal, overpriced two-wheelers will be the new normal.
Taking all that into consideration, Honda Hornet 2.0 is technically priced as it should be. So, the unfortunate villain in the story would be Nepal’s Taxation policies.
Furthermore, it would be unfair to compare Hornet 2.0 with the likes of Bajaj Pulsar NS 200, Yamaha FZ25, and Suzuki Gixxer 250. The rivals are still offered in BS4-compliant engines.
If the competition would have been offered in its BS6-avatars, the price will be equally high as the new Honda offering.
Unfortunately, this is the curse of getting BS6-compliant motorcycles in Nepal.
It will be interesting to see how this unfolds in real-world sales figures as more BS6 bikes will enter Nepal in the near future.
Also, check our Bajaj Dominar 400 Review video!
- Programiz: An e-Learning Platform from Nepal has now Reached 15 Million pageviews/month in the Global MarketOnly a handful Nepali digital platforms have reached the global audience. One of them is…
- SiTech Dev1 – First SiTech Electric SUV to Arrive in Nepal SoonSiTech Dev1 is coming soon in Nepal. EV Nepal Motors, the authorized distributor of SiTech…
- News Yamaha Fascino 125 Hybrid Launched with More FeaturesYamaha Fascino 125 Hybrid has been launched in India. Yamaha Motors India has revealed the…
- Honda Grazia 125 BS6 Launched in Nepal: New Changes, New Price!Honda Grazia BS6 is now available in Nepal. Syakar Trading Company, the authorized distributor of…